Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yeah i'll do that no problem. Currently it just checks if the name starts with what you're typing in but i could have it check for a space followed by what you're typing very easily

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah that would be great if you could! Sam the man! :D

Just another little thing, I just stopped a text sending as it was taking ages and it popped up a message with a -13 timeout and said message may have sent also. Then another popup said message may have sent aswell. Maybe best just to have the one unless there's some reason for the 2 :)

did it pop up in a message box the same message twice or did it display it in the response bar and have a message box pop up too? Did you have confirmation messages on btw?

confirm off, it popped up two popup boxes, "-13 timeout error, message may have still sent" and then just a "message may have sent" one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I downloaded this and it works magically.

Thanks for developing it and sharing!
    Ta.

cormie wrote: »
    confirm off, it popped up two popup boxes, "-13 timeout error, message may have still sent" and then just a "message may have sent" one.

you have it set to pop up a message box for every message don't you? i put in a message box for the -13 error to make it obvious that it might have sent but i forgot about people who already have it set to pop up. i'll change it in the next few days

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yeah i started to feel a bit guilty stealing all your bandwidth :D

but there are a lot of people who have cabbage still set to your site so i've left a script that redirects all request on to my site if you don't mind

I didn't mind to be honest, it kinda felt like I was actually geting value for money out of my hosting package :p

Feel free to leave up any redirect scripts

Yup, I've a message set to pop up if it doesn't send, that's it so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

about the 1, 2, 3, it does that now. Just lets you know how long you've been waiting :)

And i changed the error codes. -7 now means that it couldn't connect to the network site to check the messages. But are you saying that when it returned -7 it saw that as success and said you had that many messages left?

Said i had that many messages left.

• Advertisement

right so i'll get on that and see if i can figure it out

Hmmm, got an error I never got just now, trying to send a 6 msg (800+character) text, tried earlier, noticed it didn't deliver on the delivery report page, then tried to send it again and got a popup saying precheck succeeded, send failed, after check failed and said I had 30 msgs before sending and to check amount I have after, when I checked msgs remaining, it said -7??? Then I sent a text to someone else, checked and it said I have 29 texts left. Just tried to send the big one again and now it has -6 internet connect error..:(

Hmmm, got an error I never got just now, trying to send a 6 msg (800+character) text, tried earlier, noticed it didn't deliver on the delivery report page, then tried to send it again and got a popup saying precheck succeeded, send failed, after check failed and said I had 30 msgs before sending and to check amount I have after

i changed all the error codes because they weren't very descriptive the new ones are:
    -1: invalid login
    -2: network website failed
    -5: connected to site but got wrong information back (e.g. a Service unavailable page or just got nothing back)
    -6: couldn't connect to the internet (ie the internet connect function gave an error)
    -7: same as -2 but at the checking messages stage
    -8: same as -5 but at the checking messages stage
    -9: same as -6 but at the checking messages stage
    -13: cabbagesender.exe timed out waiting but the message might have sent and just not reported back

now the really complicated one you got that i thought no one would ever get,
    <-300:
    It managed to check how many messages you have left and then tried to send.
    The sending reported failure so before trying again cabbage checks how many messages you have left to see if it actually sent
    But it couldn't connect again to check your messages so it had no way of telling if it sent so it just told you how many you had left beforehand and told you to check yourself

you'd only get that message on the very rare occasions that you try to send a message just as the website goes down so your first check messages request succeeds and the rest fail
    when I checked msgs remaining, it said -7???
    the messages left function isn't very advanced, it just pops up "(whatever came back from the site) messages left". that -7 means it couldn't connect, so the site was still down
    Then I sent a text to someone else, checked and it said I have 29 texts left. Just tried to send the big one again and now it has -6 internet connect error..:(

i think all these problems were just caused by the site being the o2 site we all know and love. i just sent an 850 character message no problem. is it still happening to you?

cormie wrote:
    when I checked msgs remaining, it said -7???
    now i think of it, are you sure you got -7 when you clicked the "Get messages left" button on the extras screen? because that shouldn't be possible. the get messages left button should only be able to return -2, -5 and -6

Definite it was -7 yeah! It sent eventually anyway :)

Trust me to get the ultra rare never happen to anyone message:pac:

Definite it was -7 yeah! It sent eventually anyway :)

Trust me to get the ultra rare never happen to anyone message:pac:

i just realised why you got that -7 response. it's a mistake in the o2 script. it's supposed to be sending back -5 but for some reason it said -7. i don't seem to be able to ftp into my aite at the moment but i'l fix it soon

Cool stuff :) and then there's the 2 popup boxes when the timeout occured and the search by any part of name thing too, jeez I don't ask for much huh :pac:

Cool stuff :) and then there's the 2 popup boxes when the timeout occured and the search by any part of name thing too, jeez I don't ask for much huh :pac:

i know i know i'm on it :P

:)

I just sent a text to someone, it was about 230 characters, sent fine, marked as delivered on o2 site, but they only got the 1st half and I wouldn't have known had they not told me :( o2 problem I'm sure.

Also, if you look at preview of the texts sent on the delivery report page, if you have said "don't" in a text, it will appear as "don/'t" on the page. This doesn't happen on the actual o2 site. Is it possible to have it connect to the actual o2 sites page, or would you have to enter login info and all that jazz?

:)

I just sent a text to someone, it was about 230 characters, sent fine, marked as delivered on o2 site, but they only got the 1st half and I wouldn't have known had they not told me :( o2 problem I'm sure.

Also, if you look at preview of the texts sent on the delivery report page, if you have said "don't" in a text, it will appear as "don/'t" on the page. This doesn't happen on the actual o2 site. Is it possible to have it connect to the actual o2 sites page, or would you have to enter login info and all that jazz?

i'd say it was o2's problem because the script just sends 1000 characters in one request and o2 must just have ignored some of them.

about the don't vs don\'t problem, it does connect to the o2 site and that is how they're downloaded in the page. o2 uses javascript to remove the back slahses before it displays them. i could get rid of them but i just didn't think it was that important :)

• Advertisement

Yeah it's no prob at all, I actually started writing the question before I logged onto the o2 site to check if they were on it, then I saw they weren't and just finished the question, but it was really just to see if they were delivered as \ and thus, could make a 160 character text use 2 texts if there were a few ''s used :)

Have used up my 250 again and now I'm getting -1 invalid login details again, checked delivery reports and it sent though? It said I had -1 text left too after the last one..

Have used up my 250 again and now I'm getting -1 invalid login details again, checked delivery reports and it sent though? It said I had -1 text left too after the last one..

ah feck sake i fixed that before :mad:

when i put in the bit about getting the right number of messages left with the weird way o2 does it i accidentally took out the fix. it should be fine now

Hehe cool, is the one on the site the most up to date one?

yes cabbagetexter.com always has the latest one. Why?

Did it work btw?

Why?

Did it work btw?

Oh, forgot that this is probably a script thingy and I didn't have to download anything? That's why I was asking which one you updated :o But yep, it's working now :)

ah i see. Problem solved so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

yes cabbagetexter.com always has the latest one. Why?

Did it work btw?

You mean the 1.92 i downloaded a few posts back is older than the one on the site? or did i miss something?

you missed something :)

Cabbage sends a request to a script running on my server which actuallly sends the message. Basically cabbage tells the script the phone number, password, network, destination number and message and the script does the rest. The problem here was in the script and i updated it so now it works and you don't have to do anything

• Advertisement

kind of emergency update. i sent someone a joke tonight that consisted of a question followed by the answer. i was very confused when he responded asking me for the answer. turns out that in the latest version of cabbage mobile (note not desktop) if you send a text with a question mark, nothing after the ? is sent. i've uploaded a fix to:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/web/Cabbage_Mobile_1.4.jar.

i haven't updated the site or any of that stuff but i will shortly. update if you want to or just remember that you can't currently send question marks

Advertisement