Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I cant remember..

As i said before to sam.. It's hard to know what version i have when he rarely updates the version numbers :P
    Needs to just do the version numbers like 1, 2, 3 ,4 ..... 76, 77, etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ah lads i pretty much always update the version. Generally the only time i don't is if i've just put one up and a problem has become apparent within a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    no one's reported it up to now but then it might just be that no one's been using it. i'll look into it

Same thing is happening with the re-install of the latest version.

The error message: Failed to send to "joe bloggs" Aborting remaining messages

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Sam, just on the boot up thingy I mentioned before, it's failed to load maybe 3/5 of the last boot up times for some reason:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

davton wrote: »
    Same thing is happening with the re-install of the latest version.

The error message: Failed to send to "joe bloggs" Aborting remaining messages

Yes, i get this a lot if I'm trying to send some grup txt's (a few @ a time).....any solution anyone?

• Advertisement

Yes, i get this a lot if I'm trying to send some grup txt's (a few @ a time).....any solution anyone?

i'm going to take a look at that now. does it always happen or do some group texts get through?
    cormie wrote: »
    Hi Sam, just on the boot up thingy I mentioned before, it's failed to load maybe 3/5 of the last boot up times for some reason:confused:

to refresh my memory, does it give some error message or does it just not load up with the computer?

a lot of people might have just got scheduled texts. i realised that the scheduler was only set to run the script on cabaal.org so any scheduled messages that were sent with cabbagetexter.com as the server wouldn't have been sent. i just fixed it so any messages that were waiting were sent just now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Think this is the most used programme used on my computer, have it stuck to the desktop, and i'm constantly using it. Having the history of webtexts sent is especially handy, thanks for making the app!

i'm going to take a look at that now. does it always happen or do some group texts get through?

to refresh my memory, does it give some error message or does it just not load up with the computer?

Hi Sam, and thanks.
    Yes, It always happens now and none of the txt's seem to go through.

Hi Sam, and thanks.
    Yes, It always happens now and none of the txt's seem to go through.

what version are you using? i tried it myself about an hour ago and it worked fine

• Advertisement

No error messages, it just doesn't load :o
    dmcg90 wrote: »
    Think this is the most used programme used on my computer, have it stuck to the desktop, and i'm constantly using it. Having the history of webtexts sent is especially handy, thanks for making the app!

Ah, another desktop sticker, I thought I was the only one :pac:

No error messages, it just doesn't load :o
    Right that's going to be a tricky one to reproduce but i'll see if i can reproduce it and fix it. Do you have any other programs starting with the computer?

Yup, I have rainlendar, x-lite (counterpath.com), chatstat (chatstat.com), avira anti virus and adobe gamma is in the start up folder too, whatever that does :)

what version are you using? i tried it myself about an hour ago and it worked fine

I'm using V 1.91:)

i've put a new version up that should be downloaded by people who are having trouble with group texts and cormie.

the difference is that instead of just popping up saying it's aborting messages, it's going to also show the error message that made it fail. i have a feeling that it's problems with the network site causing it and it's simply that it stopped working when you tried to send so many messages so fast. i also put in a 500 millisecond delay between texts

as for cormie's problem of it not starting, the first thing the program does now when it loads is it creates a file in c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\cabbage called startup.txt. it just prints the current date and time in the file.

the next time it doesn't load, look into that file and see if it updated the time. if it did that means it loaded and crashed somewhere along the way but if it didn't it means your computer never told the program to start up at all and there's most likely not a lot i can do about it

the link is: http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.93.exe

edit:i also fixed scheduled texting but that was a server side fix and will work for everyone. they seem to be sending about 3 minutes after they're supposed to but that's just because the server time is off slightly

uh oh...
    09:18:26 13/01/2009

:o

Looks like it crashed somewhere along the way so?...

uh oh...

:o

Looks like it crashed somewhere along the way so?...

right so, i'm going to do up a version that puts a lot more logs in that file so i can tell the exact line that it's crashing at. it'll be a day or two though

meant to ask, sis you ever sort that problem of people on meteor not being able to text you back?

I think it sorted itself... I'm not sure what that was all about:confused:

cormie, i've uploaded another one to http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.93.exe

the version number's the same because all the functionality is the same. the only difference is that instead of just the time and date being in that file, it prints logs the whole way through the startup procedure so based on the last visible log i'll know where it's failing.

give it a shot for a while

Cool, will let you know the next time it happens and if I have a chance I'll restart a few times to try and get it to happen again :)

• Advertisement

any advance on the group text errors? Its still happening quiet a lot, at best it might delver to 2 contacts at a time

did you download the one at the top of the page that gives more error information when it fails?

If so what does it now say when it fails?

Just changed to that version so will i give it awhile first. First try worked fine, just took awhile longer

Failed to start again on windows boot, text file said this:

00:25:42 18/01/2009
    Set data path as:C:\Documents and Settings\--\Application Data\Cabbage\
    Moving cabbagesender
    Update from old versions

And again (that's twice in a row which is odd!)

07:22:31 18/01/2009
    Set data path as:C:\Documents and Settings\--\Application Data\Cabbage\
    Moving cabbagesender
    Update from old versions

thanks that narrows it down a lot but not completely. I'll be putting up a new one later on with more logging info that'll hopefully narrow it right down to the line. Sorry about the slow progress, it's the best i can do when i can't reproduce the error

davton wrote: »
    Just changed to that version so will i give it awhile first. First try worked fine, just took awhile longer

It took longer because of an extra delay i put in. Hopefully that'll be enough to solve the problem in itself but if not the error message that ross up when it fails should tell me what's happening

thanks that narrows it down a lot but not completely. I'll be putting up a new one later on with more logging info that'll hopefully narrow it right down to the line. Sorry about the slow progress, it's the best i can do when i can't reproduce the error

Cool, another thing is that when I went to start it up again, it would show in the taskbar, I'd close it and restart and it wouldn't be in the taskbar then :o

Cool, another thing is that when I went to start it up again, it would show in the taskbar, I'd close it and restart and it wouldn't be in the taskbar then :o

The app is probably still running in the background those times it fails to start so if you do ctrl+alt+del and kill all instances of cabbage.exe before opening it that probably won't happen. Anyway the whole problem will hopefully be fixed once i narrow it down

• Advertisement

Cool, do I need to download a new one that will give more info for you?

Advertisement