Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

flodis79 wrote: »
    E51 with Three. Yes the error you mention above.

What network is the login you're using on?

Does it ever work or does it always give the error?

Do any other java applications work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    What network is the login you're using on?

Does it ever work or does it always give the error?

Do any other java applications work?

o2 network. I should have mentioned that even when I got that error before, the messages are always delivered. It is just that now, I can actually see how many web texts I have left.

All other java apps work.

o2 network. I should have mentioned that even when I got that error before, the messages are always delivered. It is just that now, I can actually see how many web texts I have left.

All other java apps work.

I'm confused. are you saying that it reports how many messages you have left AND gives that error? before or after?

I'm confused. are you saying that it reports how many messages you have left AND gives that error? before or after?

Ah, sorry for the confusion. Before, it gave me the error Unexpected reponse format, but did still send and deliver the messages. However, now it gives the "xx messages left" message, and delivers.

Anyway, it appears as if the change has be done from either Three's or o2's side.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. Before, it gave me the error Unexpected reponse format, but did still send and deliver the messages. However, now it gives the "xx messages left" message, and delivers.

Anyway, it appears as if the change has be done from either Three's or o2's side.

ok so you're not reporting a problem, just saying that it's stopped giving you that error? because it sounds to me like it's now working exactly as it should

• Advertisement

ok so you're not reporting a problem, just saying that it's stopped giving you that error? because it sounds to me like it's now working exactly as it should

Yes, it is not a fault report, I was just trying to find out where the error lied before. Sorry for any confusion.

Yes, it is not a fault report, I was just trying to find out where the error lied before. Sorry for any confusion.

ah right confusion over :P

couldn't tell you where the problem was exactly, most likely down to 3 since there shouldn't be any problems with my server or the e51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Hi Sam

Little problem when i send a text using cabbage it tell me the message is sent but have 0 messages left, but the message doesent deliver

Mike

paconnors wrote: »
    Hi Sam

Little problem when i send a text using cabbage it tell me the message is sent but have 0 messages left, but the message doesent deliver

Mike

what network are you on and do you have 0 messages left?

vodafone and 290 messeges left

• Advertisement

vodafone and 290 messeges left

ah right. the fact that it says the message is sent is meaningless there. i just have it set to say it sent if any number greater than -1 is sent back.

i just tried it with a vodafone account and it worked so that's not the problem.

what phone do you have?

are you on pre pay or bill pay?

did it ever work?

does it work intermittently?

can other java apps access the internet do you know?

are you using vodafone live or vodafone isp? (if you don't know what that means, i should be able to tell you how to check when you tell me what phone you have)

are you filling in your login details exactly as you would enter them on the website?

Feel Like a right fool, had the wrong log in details, its working fine now, sorry once again for wasting your time

Feel Like a right fool, had the wrong log in details, its working fine now, sorry once again for wasting your time

:D no problem. That is actually a bug because it should give a response of -1 and tell you you have the wrong login details. I'll work on it

people will find cabbage has stopped working. I just got an email from my hosting saying that there have been spikes in usage and it's overloading the server so they've suspended my account

If someone is abusing it please stop, you're ruining it for everyone. If not i'll have to look at better hosting. Cabaal's will work for meteor and vodafone and i'll move them over shortly but it won't work for o2 so something will have to be sorted

For the moment other servers can be used. I can't remember any of the paths at the moment so if people are around could you post them please?

I updated the scripts recently so yours might not work. I sent the newest ones to random the other day. Could you post them here if you're about? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

weird, wonder what the server overload is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

Damm, well I hope it can be fixed soon Sam.
    Silly hosting company...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

More like someone spamming loads of txts I'd say. None of the default servers are working for me atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

But would sending loads of texts really have that much of an effect? I gave away some digiweb hosting to the SSF at Christmas that I won ages ago, I'm not sure if it was given away, if not, I'm sure you could put it to good use!

does anybody have the address for the alternitive servers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

does anybody have the address for the alternitive servers
    Any webhosting with php can be a server.

You could use your own website and no body would ever know.

• Advertisement

here are the scripts for anyone who wants to host them. email me for instructions if you're having problems. i've been drinking too much to give them now

the main instructions are to make sure curl is enabled on your server, make a directory called cookiebank with permissions 755 and in url.php change http://www.cabbagetexter.com to the directory path that you've put the script in

cormie wrote: »
    But would sending loads of texts really have that much of an effect? I gave away some digiweb hosting to the SSF at Christmas that I won ages ago, I'm not sure if it was given away, if not, I'm sure you could put it to good use!

i could definitely put it to good use. for a while i had my o2 script on a digiweb hosting site that i got free from college because o2 wouldn't work on cabaal's site but that's expired now. if your's is still available it'd be perfect.

i don't know if sending a load of texts would do it. the email used the word periodically so it seems it happened every now and then rather than a spike but that could mean a number of things.

does anyone have a suggestion for how to stop this if it's, or example, some guy trying to hack someone's account using different passwords? i don't want to introduce unfair restrictions partly because even the restrictions that the dvd companies spent millions on can be broken are are really pointless but mostly because that'd be missing the point. so how do i put in an over usage (ie abuse) restriction that stops people wrecking it for the rest of us?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Problem with the script is that it is very susceptible able to spamming, it has no burst protection.

Someone could be messing around with php, trying to integrate webtexts into their site or something and cause an infinite loop..?

You know a think or two about infinite loops dont you?
    ;)

jmccrohan wrote: »

You know a think or two about infinite loops dont you?
    ;)

i do indeed because of that unexplainable time when texts seemed to go to random people because i had a different script running on the same server that was stuck in an infinite loop

what would be a very simple way of doing burst protection that wouldn't affect performance? i don't want to restrict by ip because of the number of people behind proxies who use the same ip, eg me :P (in work and using my 3 sim)

meteor and vodafone are working again. mobile users press options->accounts->options->edit server (or whatever "options" is represented as on your phone. it's "more" on a sony ericsson)

then change the current one to:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php

and press save

desktop users press more->manage server

and if address is there, tick it and click back. if not, click add new, enter the address, click save then tick it and click back

note this will currently not work for o2 users

edit: thanks cabaal, you saved most of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi there,
    Love this program but as an O2 customer it won't work at all now :-( Any idea when this will be fixed? I keep getting this error.

Run time error "-2147024891 (80070005)"

Access is denied

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Love this program but as an O2 customer it won't work at all now :-( Any idea when this will be fixed? I keep getting this error.

you should take a look at the previous 12 posts :)

my hosting was suspended. i'm working on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Had read them mate but did not get the jist of it all......no probs. Sure when its back its back.

All the best,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Had read them mate but did not get the jist of it all......no probs. Sure when its back its back.

All the best,
    M

ah right fair enough. i'll post here when it's working again anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Im trying to install cabbage on another laptop. Where can i find my address book contacts so i dont have to put them all in again on new laptop? Is there a single file i can copy over?

Advertisement