Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

snaps wrote: »
    Im trying to install cabbage on another laptop. Where can i find my address book contacts so i dont have to put them all in again on new laptop? Is there a single file i can copy over?

on 2000/xp:
    in c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\cabbage

on vista:
    c:\users\<username>appdata\roaming\cabbage

copy over that entire directory and it should be exactly the same as the old install

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thats great. Thanks

o2 is working again but it's a temporary measure. o2 people can now point the program to :

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php

following these instructions:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58786029&postcount=1526

my hosting got suspended because the o2 script was taking too many server resources. at first i just thought it was being used more but it's looking like it's just because it's waiting so long for the website to respond and spawning extra processes, probably to retry.

so that website is so fcuking brutal they've actually got my account suspended. well done o2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sam what I noticed is that if didn't send in the first 10 or 15 seconds, it wouldn't send in the 2 minutes or whatever it was that it waited so I'd cancel it manually and then just click send again and it would send then. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the server side of things and how it could have affected it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

cormie wrote: »
    Sam what I noticed is that if didn't send in the first 10 or 15 seconds, it wouldn't send in the 2 minutes or whatever it was that it waited so I'd cancel it manually and then just click send again and it would send then. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the server side of things and how it could have affected it?

Yep I have this exact same experience when trying to send.

cormie wrote: »

clicking stop and sending again wouldn't have been what caused it. but the times when it took 2 minutes were most likely the problem but they happen just because the o2 website is crap. that never happens to me with either my meteor or vodafone logins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just a thought but is it possible in the mobile version to change the hang up button which is currently "Exit" to "Hide", this may just be a feature that will work with s60 phones but would be handy so ya don't have to wait for the texts to send.

mad.mike wrote: »
    Just a thought but is it possible in the mobile version to change the hang up button which is currently "Exit" to "Hide", this may just be a feature that will work with s60 phones but would be handy so ya don't have to wait for the texts to send.

You already don't have to :)

Just press the menu button and it'll minimise and should pop back up when it's finished sending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

ah nice one, never noticed that one.

• Advertisement

o2 sending has been disabled for the moment until i figure out a way to handle their crap website without crashing the server on my hosting. see here for details:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055476251

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Is your script back up Sam? THE site appears to be.

barnicles wrote: »
    Is your script back up Sam? THE site appears to be.

yeah it's back up for the moment thanks to Seamus' suggestion:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055476251

hopefully it'll work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

still not working for me on O2 - error: (-16) Failed checking messages before sending.

loyatemu wrote: »
    still not working for me on O2 - error: (-16) Failed checking messages before sending.

click more->manage servers and tell me what it's set to

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

Works for me on o2! :) is this a permanent solution?

EDIT: Just got a Charged txt message on the Desktop version :(, though have over 200 remaining?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nasceiri

With Vodafone everything fine except texts not being received when sent,
    Can you help please?

timmy69 wrote: »
    Works for me on o2! :) is this a permanent solution?

EDIT: Just got a Charged txt message on the Desktop version :(, though have over 200 remaining?

it's not a permanent solution. i've made some modifications to the script and i'm testing them at the moment.

did cabbage just tell you that a charged message was sent? that's what happens when it reports back 0 messages left because o2 will allow you to keep sending when all your messages are gone. it must be a problem with the modifications made to the script which i'll take a look at shortly. so if it was just that cabbage said it was charged don't worry, it just means the script reported back "0". also that means your message most likely didn't send

or did it actually charge you?
    nasceiri wrote: »
    With Vodafone everything fine except texts not being received when sent,
    Can you help please?

how do you mean everything is fine? when you send a text does it report back saying "message sent. X messages left" where X is a number between 1 and 300?

how do you mean everything is fine? when you send a text does it report back saying "message sent. X messages left" where X is a number between 1 and 300?[/quote]

No just said previously -1 message left?
    No come up as not sent "error -16"?

No just said previously -1 message left?
    No come up as not sent "error -16"?

Are you sure it said -1 messages left and not -1 invalid login details?

What's most likely happened is you have the wrong login details set and you've tried it too many times so now your account is locked out. Try logging into the website as normal and see if it works

The login details should be exactly the ones you use for logging into the vodafone website and your phone number should be in the format 087, not +35387 or anything like that.

What happens when you click more->extras->check for update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

hey sam

if i send a text with a smiley in it from my nokia phone it wont send but without its fine and same goes for gfs nokia phone. Is it a case that i need to update cabbage or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

working fine on o2 here. v1.91 Sam.

ronano wrote: »
    hey sam

if i send a text with a smiley in it from my nokia phone it wont send but without its fine and same goes for gfs nokia phone. Is it a case that i need to update cabbage or?

what version are you using? i send smilies all the time. and what do you mean by it won't send? what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

v 1.3

it says could not connect to server if i include a smiley in the text,if i take it out it goes through fine.

First post was dodge soz!

ronano wrote: »
    v 1.3

it says could not connect to server if i include a smiley in the text,if i take it out it goes through fine.

First post was dodge soz!

before i look at anything else could you try upgrading to 1.4?

http://cabbagetexter.com/dl

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Are you sure it said -1 messages left and not -1 invalid login details?

What's most likely happened is you have the wrong login details set and you've tried it too many times so now your account is locked out. Try logging into the website as normal and see if it works

The login details should be exactly the ones you use for logging into the vodafone website and your phone number should be in the format 087, not +35387 or anything like that.

What happens when you click more->extras->check for update?

Yeah just says I have the latest version!

Yeah just says I have the latest version!

And the rest of my post....

Did it say -1 messages left or -1 invalid login details
    Did you check your login details as i described?
    Can you log into the site as normal?

And the rest of my post....

Did it say -1 messages left or -1 invalid login details
    Did you check your login details as i described?
    Can you log into the site as normal?

Was -1 messages left!
    Sorry, unable to log in - saying invalid Log In!

Sorry, unable to log in - saying invalid Log In!

is it saying that on the vodafone website when you try to log in?

my program won't work unless you have the right login. where did you get the login that you're using?

you can reset your password on the website if you remember the answer to the secret question you set up or you can call customer care to do it too.

unless you never set up your online account?

• Advertisement

is it saying that on the vodafone website when you try to log in?

my program won't work unless you have the right login. where did you get the login that you're using?

you can reset your password on the website if you remember the answer to the secret question you set up or you can call customer care to do it too.

unless you never set up your online account?

No problem on the Vodafone website logging in!
    Logged in previously through the options on the home page!
    What now?

Advertisement