Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ooo... snazzy outbox goes out into the wild :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey Sam, I see in the interface options the whole thing has a new, cleaner look, but it's not changed at all when you select the interface, or when it installed the new one, it's still the old. Also, I've set the transparency to 80 but it didn't change anything, it just always goes back to 0? Also, would it be possible to get rid of the "add sig" button too, or have an option to not have it, and not have the close button either? it would shave a good few pixels off the top since when I have it attached to the desktop, I never use either :P Oh and what's the new "comp" button? I pressed it and nothing happened? Also, when you go to config and change the transparency, it makes the "more" button change and the e of more, goes to a 2nd line, so it's mor (/p) e.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cormie wrote: »
    Hey Sam, I see in the interface options the whole thing has a new, cleaner look, but it's not changed at all when you select the interface, or when it installed the new one, it's still the old.
    That's what it looks like on vista. You were right Random I should have clarified that :D

Also, I've set the transparency to 80 but it didn't change anything, it just always goes back to 0?
    If you enter a number thats too big it'll jump back to 0 so maybe you accidentally hit the key too many times. Try entering it carefully making sure not to hit too many keys and if it still doesn't work let me know. Only the main form is supposed to go transparent btw

Also, would it be possible to get rid of the "add sig" button too, or have an option to not have it, and not have the close button either? it would shave a good few pixels off the top since when I have it attached to the desktop, I never use either :P
    I could get rid of the add sig button but I don't know about the close button, it'll porbably confuse people. I'll look into it anyway
    Oh and what's the new "comp" button? I pressed it and nothing happened?
    Ignore it, you'll never use it. It's the compress button that's normally there on the other views. If you press it when there's text in the message box it'll remove all spaces and capitalise every word. I put it in because if you enable the outbox it changes from comp to outbox.
    Also, when you go to config and change the transparency, it makes the "more" button change and the e of more, goes to a 2nd line, so it's mor (/p) e.
    I know. Unavoidable I'm afraid since you want the form so small. I think you might be misunderstanding when it happens though. It happens whenever you click the button.

Or does it stay like that after you move the focus away from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭satcie101

Sam Vimes thank you. Cabbage is great, my fav thing is that it lets you send more than one text, so you don't have to send, then remember the last word of your text to send a second text like on vodafone. :)

satcie101 wrote: »
    Sam Vimes thank you. Cabbage is great, my fav thing is that it lets you send more than one text, so you don't have to send, then remember the last word of your text to send a second text like on vodafone. :)

You're very welcome :pac:

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    That's what it looks like on vista. You were right Random I should have clarified that :D

Ahw, is there any way it can be the same for XP at all? :)

If you enter a number thats too big it'll jump back to 0 so maybe you accidentally hit the key too many times. Try entering it carefully making sure not to hit too many keys and if it still doesn't work let me know. Only the main form is supposed to go transparent btw

Set it to 20 pressed back, went back to config it was still 20, and then to 70 same again, but nothing changed at all (appeared more transparent):confused:

I could get rid of the add sig button but I don't know about the close button, it'll porbably confuse people. I'll look into it anyway

Thanks, just me being finicky again :P

Ignore it, you'll never use it. It's the compress button that's normally there on the other views. If you press it when there's text in the message box it'll remove all spaces and capitalise every word. I put it in because if you enable the outbox it changes from comp to outbox.

Ah cool, might give the outbox a go :)

I know. Unavoidable I'm afraid since you want the form so small. I think you might be misunderstanding when it happens though. It happens whenever you click the button.

Or does it stay like that after you move the focus away from it?

When I go to settings, it goes from more to mor(/p)e, when I close settings box, it returns to normal

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I thonk its brilliant too , But I really liked the confirmation text coming through to my mobile

Ahw, is there any way it can be the same for XP at all?
    Fraid not :)
    Set it to 20 pressed back, went back to config it was still 20, and then to 70 same again, but nothing changed at all (appeared more transparent)
    Hmmmm, maybe the version of vb that your computer has installed doesn't support it. I'll see what I can do about it
    Ah cool, might give the outbox a go
    Do, it makes the whole thing a lot faster and more efficient
    When I go to settings, it goes from more to mor(/p)e, when I close settings box, it returns to normal
    Right so it is only when the focus is on the button. I'd have to make the form bigger to avoid it. do you want that :eek:

I thonk its brilliant too , But I really liked the confirmation text coming through to my mobile

I didn't realise people actually used that feature. Why did you have it turned on do you mind me asking?

The point of it was that o2 used to have a problem where messages wouldn't send for a few hours but that problem is gone now so I don't really see a need for it.

Getting a text on your phone doesn't actually guarantee that the message has been delivered on the recipient's phone, they might be out of coverage or have their phone off. All it means when you get a confirmation message is that the webtext system is working but since o2 fixed that problem, just being told "Message sent. X messages left" tells you it's working without using one of your webtexts.

In light of that, would you still like to have the feature? I can put it back in easily enough

Fraid not :)

Ahw :( ah well

Hmmmm, maybe the version of vb that your computer has installed doesn't support it. I'll see what I can do about it

Wouldn't be sure, I mightn't even use it transparent so don't put too much effort into it unless it's bugging you why it's not working :)

Do, it makes the whole thing a lot faster and more efficient
    Will give it a go :)

Right so it is only when the focus is on the button. I'd have to make the form bigger to avoid it. do you want that :eek:
    no way!! I can live with an off focus line break :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Well Sam , I suppose I used the confirmation text for 'peace of mind '

I understood that when I received that text on my mobile , that the recipient had also received text message .

It ok , I mean neither O2 nor Vodafone , send a confirmation text message , when using their websites , and desktop text on O2 dont either .

There are 4 of us in household using this and think its brilliant

Well Sam , I suppose I used the confirmation text for 'peace of mind '

I understood that when I received that text on my mobile , that the recipient had also received text message .
    Ah right. No it doesn't necessarily mean that the recipient has received it. It slightly increases the likelihood that they've received it because you know the webtexts are working but nowadays, as long as the website is functioning, there's a 99.99999% chance that the texts are being delivered immediately. So those confirmation messages have just been giving you a false sense of security :)

If you absolutely need to know that the webtexts are being delivered immediately you could send yourself a test text but the problem of delayed delivery is so rare now that it's just a waste using an extra text each time.

If you're on O2, you can click more->extras->O2 delivery reports and you'll be able to see if your messages are delivered, pending or failed. The other two networks don't provide that option.
    There are 4 of us in household using this and think its brilliant

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

I have been using cabbage for a while now and love it. It is great. Thanks. recently every time I send a cabbage desktop message I recieve this message:

error (-5) restarting the programe may fix the problem

Although the text do seem to be sending ok. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    I am using version 1.85

okgirl wrote: »
    I have been using cabbage for a while now and love it. It is great. Thanks. recently every time I send a cabbage desktop message I recieve this message:

error (-5) restarting the programe may fix the problem

Although the text do seem to be sending ok. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    I am using version 1.85

the first thing I'd suggest is to upgrade to v 1.95 and see if it's any better:

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.exe

How do I upgrade? Do I have to uninstal and reinstall?

How do I upgrade? Do I have to uninstal and reinstall?

No just download the program in the link, open it and keep clicking next :)

Thanks, all working correctly again. But when I start the app it says there is another update available. I just clicked no. Should I update again?

Thanks, all working correctly again. But when I start the app it says there is another update available. I just clicked no. Should I update again?

Yes, I just realised I gave you the wrong link :D

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.1.exe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Sam,
    I upgraded to new (desktop) version this morning. I'm sure its something I'm doing but when I try to add a number to my phone book I'm getting an error, "Name already exists".

I've tried completely random numbers e.g. 123456 and am getting same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks, ambrose

Hi Sam,
    I upgraded to new (desktop) version this morning. I'm sure its something I'm doing but when I try to add a number to my phone book I'm getting an error, "Name already exists".

I've tried completely random numbers e.g. 123456 and am getting same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks, ambrose

No it's not your fault :)

I fixed a bug where it would let you enter any name even if it was already there but it seems I introduced another bug. I've just uploaded 1.95.2 with a fix for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

I'm getting timeouts when I try to send messages with O2.
    I know it's a problem at their end because I can't even login to the website ("My O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later. ")
    It looks a lot like they changed the site and I'm just wondering if this is the case (I never visit the site now that I have cabbage)(hugs cabbage) and what it would mean if anything for cabbage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Happens a lot with O2. It will probably be back working within the hour.

nutterguy wrote: »
    I'm getting timeouts when I try to send messages with O2.
    I know it's a problem at their end because I can't even login to the website ("My O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later. ")
    It looks a lot like they changed the site and I'm just wondering if this is the case (I never visit the site now that I have cabbage)(hugs cabbage) and what it would mean if anything for cabbage?

They did change the site but I've tested it since they changed it and it still worked. It's just the fact that the site isn't working

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anyone using the SMS gateway on cabaal.org may experience problems at present as I've recently moved my site from godaddy.com to blacknight.ie...waiting on sam to sort everything out now :)

On the plus side for anyone that may continue to use it it should be alittle bit faster now its hosted in Ireland :)

I'm currently in south africa so I won't be able to sort it out for a few days at least. Anyone having problems should change the server to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

And a further thanks to cabaal for the use of his hosting :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm currently in south africa so I won't be able to sort it out for a few days at least. Anyone having problems should change the server to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

And a further thanks to cabaal for the use of his hosting :)
    Cabbage donations going well then? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Jonathan wrote: »
    Cabbage donations going well then? :P
    I want my money back!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've not donated a penny but I donated webspace and bandwidth...can't travel the world on that :pac:
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Sam,

This isn't a big deal or really a problem but I thought I'd check anyway.
    If you send a blank (empty) message, cabbage gives an error "you must enter a message" and then locks up. I have to close it and reopen it to get it working again.

Is it a feature? I thought it might be a timeout type thing, but I've left it for a few minutes and it stays locked up.

ambrose
    Vista - cabbage v1.95.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

I had cabbage mobile working so well for a couple of months - but now I've started to get "unrecognised response format" or similar. I've upgraded to v1.6 and now cant get it to connect to the network at all! I'm on vodafone but using cabbage to link to voipcheap. Any ideas?

Advertisement