Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Go to the accounts page and edit the server to http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php and it should fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Or sams own one http://www.cabbagetexter.com/send.php. Either should have you back up and running. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php seems to have fixed the problem
    http://www.cabbagetexter.com/send.php doesn't work for me at all

Thanks Random - appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Thanks folks, the powermyphone link works for me (nokia 6300, meteor, using meteor online text and VOIP cheap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They should both work really. I'm sure sam will fix the cabbagetexter.com one when he gets back from holidays too. :)

That and cabaals should be back up in a day or two i'd imagine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

And I'm back. Is anyone still experiencing problems with the cabbagetexter.com url?
    PapaQuebec wrote: »
    http://www.cabbagetexter.com/send.php doesn't work for me at all
    Either it was a temporary problem or you must have typed it wrong because it's working fine for me.

The cabaal link is working again but it's only for people who don't keep up to date and don't read the thread or look at the site. all the cabaal link does is redirect the request through cabbagetexter.com so use that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Probably an incredibly dumb question but anyway!

I just installed the Cabbage Java app to my HTC Touch Diamond using the direct web link on the cabbage website. Installed fine, ran the program and successfully sent myself a test text using O2 webtext. Exited the program - and now I can't find it! It's not in my program list. I installed it to 'root' when given the choice if it helps.

Probably an incredibly dumb question but anyway!

I just installed the Cabbage Java app to my HTC Touch Diamond using the direct web link on the cabbage website. Installed fine, ran the program and successfully sent myself a test text using O2 webtext. Exited the program - and now I can't find it! It's not in my program list. I installed it to 'root' when given the choice if it helps.

I wouldn't have a clue, I've never used a phone like that. Maybe someone else can help.

Maybe try reinstalling it?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a clue, I've never used a phone like that. Maybe someone else can help.

Maybe try reinstalling it?

Just did! But it 'updated' the previous install without giving a location choice. Cheers for the prompt reply - I'm sure I'll find it somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Just did! But it 'updated' the previous install without giving a location choice. Cheers for the prompt reply - I'm sure I'll find it somewhere!

On my Omnia you go to Java applications and then that opens Java and within that is cabbage. I put a link to Java on the home screen for quick access. See if you have a Java in your programs list maybe?

eoferrall wrote: »
    On my Omnia you go to Java applications and then that opens Java and within that is cabbage. I put a link to Java on the home screen for quick access. See if you have a Java in your programs list maybe?

Was just about to post that I did just that and it worked! Free texts here we come....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Clanc

Hi,

I've just set up v1.6 on an O2 SonyEricsson C902, and am stuck!

I've used the login settings from the O2 website, but when I enter a text, and a phone no, and press send (which appears twice in the menu, by the way), nothing happens.
    Also, at this point, my only way of going back is to close cabbage from the phone menu, as exit doesn't seem to be working either.

Any ideas?

The c902 has a bug that stops the normal version working. I have a version specifically for the c902 but I haven't updated it in a while. This should get you up and going anyway

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.4temp.jar

Hi Sam,

that link is giving me a 404 error.

Cheers
    Ger

the link works for me. If you're typing it into your phone you have to put the capitals in Cabbage and Mobile. Are you sure you're typing it exactly as it appears?

now working perfectly, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Hi Sam,

Just a quick suggestion or request I guess: I use Cabbage mobile on S60, and I'm trying to find a way to always allow it have network access, rather than having to confirm this every time I open the program. Normally I do this by going to the App. Manager and setting 'Network Access' to 'Always allowed', but this option isn't there for Cabbage (or Bart), so I have it set to 'Ask first time.'

Is it possible to resolve this or does it involve jumping through hoops with software signing and stuff? It's only a minor annoyance so no worries if it's not possible.

Apologies if this has been asked already, and thanks again for a fantastic program!

It involves jumping through hoops with software signing I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

It involves jumping through hoops with software signing I'm afraid

or you can hack symbian and 'patch' the java midlet permissions. not sure whether this is allowed to be discussed here though..

• Advertisement

I wouldn't want to put cracked software up for general release. The site could get shut down for that

Is it just a matter of creating a .sis file and signing it?

squared wrote: »
    Is it just a matter of creating a .sis file and signing it?

Well it's a .jar file and not a .sis because it's J2ME but basically yes. The problem is that you need to pay to get the digital signature

Well if you were to post an unsigned .sis and we signed it ourselves that wouldn't be breaking any rules would it? :D

Well if you were to post an unsigned .sis and we signed it ourselves that wouldn't be breaking any rules would it? :D

No that would be fine but it's not a .sis. You need J2ME signing software, not symbian

Ah i see, so its definitely not straight forward at all!

Ah i see, so its definitely not straight forward at all!

No it's really straightforward and easy to do. I have java signing software and all I have to do is select the jad file and it adds 3 lines to the bottom of it and it's signed. The only problem is actually getting the signature file (a .sks file)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Whats the story with this working in Portugal ?

Vain wrote: »
    Whats the story with this working in Portugal ?

As long as your network allows internet access in portugal it'll work fine. It should cost ~2c per text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

As long as your network allows internet access in portugal it'll work fine. It should cost ~2c per text

Nice one, texts cost 39cent last year when i was over there. Didnt have time to read the thread yet . Is it easy to set up? and works on any phone iv a sony ericsson c902.

Cheers

Advertisement