Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Vain wrote: »
    Nice one, texts cost 39cent last year when i was over there. Didnt have time to read the thread yet . Is it easy to set up? and works on any phone iv a sony ericsson c902.

Cheers

There's a bug in the C902's java environment but I've made a version specifically for it. You can get it by typing this address into your phone:

http://cabbagetexter.com/dlc902

It's an older version of the program, I haven't got around to updating the c902 version yet but it works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Cool is there a step by step guide or is it easy to do?

Cool is there a step by step guide or is it easy to do?

It's very easy. When you install and run it you'll be presented with a screen where you enter a login name (whatever you want), your phone number (in the format 0871234567), your password for the network site and select your network.

And away you go :)

When i type the text and send it after it connects to the net for a few seconds it says 'invalid login details'?

When i type the text and send it after it connects to the net for a few seconds it says 'invalid login details'?

Most likely the problem is that you do have your login details wrong. Are you sure you entered them exactly as you would on the website and that you picked your network properly?

There was a bug in an older version though that might be affecting you. The way to check is press more->accounts->make sure your login is selected then press more->edit

if the network selection has moved to the bottom one (ie not the network you picked) and stays there no matter how many times you save it to the correct network and go back in then you're being affected by it.

I've just make a version of the new one for the C902 that has that bug fixed so you should go to this link again and install the new one:

but make sure you have the right login details too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam was that you I saw opposite me reading the metro/heraldam on a southbound dart this morning from pearse?

I only saw you the once so I wasnt gonna go up and ask were you you :P

Jonathan wrote: »
    Sam was that you I saw opposite me reading the metro/heraldam on a southbound dart this morning from pearse?

I only saw you the once so I wasnt gonna go up and ask were you you :P

I did get on the dart at pearse going southbound at about 8:30 so it may well have been. I didn't spot you I'm afraid. That metro is so engrossing :D

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Most likely the problem is that you do have your login details wrong. Are you sure you entered them exactly as you would on the website and that you picked your network properly?

There was a bug in an older version though that might be affecting you. The way to check is press more->accounts->make sure your login is selected then press more->edit

if the network selection has moved to the bottom one (ie not the network you picked) and stays there no matter how many times you save it to the correct network and go back in then you're being affected by it.

I've just make a version of the new one for the C902 that has that bug fixed so you should go to this link again and install the new one:

but make sure you have the right login details too

Is the url the same as the old one? Anyway I started again deleted the old one and downloaded the new new url you gave to my phone and stored it in games.

I open it amd make account

My name colin

password abcd

phone number 08727... ( does the 087 matter even tho im on meteor?

Network met

Then i click add.

It then brings me to a text page and it says login:colin on top.

I enter text

send it to my brothers phone

It asks allow app to send to internet. I click yes

sending....

I then get invalid login details or else could not connect to network site.

Any ideas?

Is the url the same as the old one? Anyway I started again deleted the old one and downloaded the new new url you gave to my phone and stored it in games.

I open it amd make account

My name colin

password ----

phone number 08727... ( does the 087 matter even tho im on meteor?

Network met

Then i click add.

It then brings me to a text page and it says login:colin on top.

I enter text

send it to my brothers phone

It asks allow app to send to internet. I click yes

sending....

I then get invalid login details or else could not connect to network site.

Any ideas?

Is that the actual password you use for the site? Can you go to the meteor site as normal and log in using those details? 087 doesn't matter btw

With the meteor site if you enter your login details wrong a few times the site makes you do one of those things where you fill in the letters in a picture to make sure someone's not trying to hack your account. If you've sent a few texts with the wrong details you'll now have to go to the site and do that and you'll be able to log in normally then

Once you do that, since you're now using the new version the only thing that can realistically be wrong is that you're not entering the details correctly.

edit: if the above doesn't work try this for me please: take the below url and change the bits in capitals to your details, then paste it into your browser, go to the link and tell me what prints out. It should be a number:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=YOURPHONENUMBER&p=YOURPASSWORD&d=YOURPHONENUMBER&s=m&m=message (right-click on it and click properties to see the whole link)

for example:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=0871234567&p=abcd&d=0871234567&s=m&m=message

Is that the actual password you use for the site? Can you go to the meteor site as normal and log in using those details? 087 doesn't matter btw

With the meteor site if you enter your login details wrong a few times the site makes you do one of those things where you fill in the letters in a picture to make sure someone's not trying to hack your account. If you've sent a few texts with the wrong details you'll now have to go to the site and do that and you'll be able to log in normally then

Once you do that, since you're now using the new version the only thing that can realistically be wrong is that you're not entering the details correctly.

edit: if the above doesn't work try this for me please: take the below url and change the bits in capitals to your details, then paste it into your browser, go to the link and tell me what prints out. It should be a number:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=YOURPHONENUMBER&p=YOURPASSWORD&d=YOURPHONENUMBER&s=m&m=message (right-click on it and click properties to see the whole link)

for example:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?u=0871234567&p=abcd&d=0871234567&s=m&m=message

No its not the password I use to log onto mymeteor. Should i be using that?

The number I got was -2

• Advertisement

No its not the password I use to log onto mymeteor. Should i be using that?

The number I got was -2

Yes you should. The script can't send a webtext from your account unless you give it the right password :)

Yes you should. The script can't send a webtext from your account unless you give it the right password :)

O so its a web text:o Does that mean you can only use it 300times a month?

O so its a web text:o Does that mean you can only use it 300times a month?

You can only use it 300 times a month with webtexts but it supports a few other services such as www.smsdiscount.com. They allow you to send texts but they're not free. About 1c per text depending on where you're texting

So is it working now that you've entered the right password?

Its working:D:D Cheers Sam Vimes. If I ever meet you i will buy you a pint:D is the less than a cent charge? Iv sent two texts so far and no credit taken.

Its working:D:D Cheers Sam Vimes. If I ever meet you i will buy you a pint:D
    i'm going to hold you to that ;)
    is the less than a cent charge? Iv sent two texts so far and no credit taken.

It shouldn't be, it should cost about 2c per text in GPRS charges unless you've already hit the 99c per day ceiling. If you've hit the ceiling it'll cost nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I did get on the dart at pearse going southbound at about 8:30 so it may well have been. I didn't spot you I'm afraid. That metro is so engrossing :D
    That was you then :D

I thought it was you at first, but then I noticed that you were reading the paper, and not browsing the internet on your phone, and thought, na.... thats not him then.

This post has been deleted.

Hmmm, must give o2 a call and let them know the charging's not working properly :P
    That was you then :D

I thought it was you at first, but then I noticed that you were reading the paper, and not browsing the internet on your phone, and thought, na.... thats not him then.

You must have got off pretty soon after pearse so, I was of course browsing on my phone intermittently :rolleyes:

You must have got off pretty soon after pearse so, I was of course browsing on my phone intermittently :rolleyes:
    Sandymount.

I had a thermodynamics and fluid mechanics exam in the RDS.

• Advertisement

Sandymount.

I had a thermodynamics and fluid mechanics exam in the RDS.

I see, you got off after me so. I must not browse as much as I thought :D

I see, you got off after me so. I must not browse as much as I thought :D
    Pretty sure I got off before you..

You mixing up sandymount and sandycove? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do you two want your own sticky? Or a room? :D

I am indeed :)
    Random wrote: »
    Do you two want your own sticky? Or a room? :D

You're just jealous :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stephen_mch

hey, was just wondering, if i have a phone with wifi can i use this for free? Or will it not work? Thanks

It works over wifi and is free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stephen_mch

Thanks! All i needed to know before i go out and get me a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Thanks for cabbage Sam Vimes, im over in finland and sending texts is free as the city im in has free wifi in most places.

Another handy application for O2 users is O2 Desktop text (you need to be at your PC, but your texts come out of your allowance) useful if your on bill pay as your paying for the texts whether you use them or not.

billbond4 wrote: »
    Thanks for cabbage Sam Vimes, im over in finland and sending texts is free as the city im in has free wifi in most places.

Another handy application for O2 users is O2 Desktop text (you need to be at your PC, but your texts come out of your allowance) useful if your on bill pay as your paying for the texts whether you use them or not.

There's also a desktop version of cabbage. Is that what you're talking about? I've never heard of "O2 Desktop text". Or do you just mean logging into the website?

edit:is this what you mean:
    http://www.commercialwireless.ie/services/o2/desktoptext.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah thats it, its aimed at business users, but us "normal" people can use it too.

Heres a better link to it with the Software:-
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Business/Business+Solutions/Mobile+messaging/Desktop+text

I dont use the outlook option, I think i installed the IE toolbar option ,but that always installs a standalone Desktop Text application, and thats the one I use while at my desk.

Advertisement