Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ron DMC wrote: »
    If you have your phone cracked to ignore certificates (as I do), anything and everything can be installed. Expired certificates, no certificates, anything. Very handy when testing any homebrew apps.
    Unless there's some other certificate you're talking about for connections.
    No that's the certificate I'm talking about.
    There's actually some apps that create a new access point that you can name 'Best connection' or whatever. You can set this as the default access point, and the access point will choose from your access points in whatever order you like by what's available.
    I think it came as standard on my e71.

Can you point me in the direction of one of these apps or does it only come with the phone do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Can you point me in the direction of one of these apps or does it only come with the phone do you know?

Psiloc Connect does it but there's also a free app that does the same thing called SmartConnect by a company called Birdstep

Psiloc Connect does it but there's also a free app that does the same thing called SmartConnect by a company called Birdstep

SmartConnect works perfectly, thanks Ron. I'm going to add that to the website (and give you credit for it of course :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

SmartConnect works perfectly, thanks Ron. I'm going to add that to the website (and give you credit for it of course :))

Aw, shucks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

If you have your phone cracked to ignore certificates (as I do), anything and everything can be installed. Expired certificates, no certificates, anything. Very handy when testing any homebrew apps.

How did you do this? can you point me in the right direction thanks!:)
    I have a samsung Omnia if that makes a difference, but would like to get rid of the confirmation to access network all the time for java apps! (gmail may work properly now with it!)

Thanks

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    How did you do this? can you point me in the right direction thanks!:)
    I have a samsung Omnia if that makes a difference, but would like to get rid of the confirmation to access network all the time for java apps! (gmail may work properly now with it!)

Thanks

It won't work for a Samsung I'm afraid. It's only for nokia symbians. Getting rid of the confirmation won't make the gmail app work. search the forum for that, I think I remember someone asking about it before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

It won't work for a Samsung I'm afraid. It's only for nokia symbians. Getting rid of the confirmation won't make the gmail app work. search the forum for that, I think I remember someone asking about it before

Damn! Cheers - It'll have to wait till after these damn exams starting in little over a week! then I shall search away. Thanks Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Does it cost you anything if you use wifi with the mobile version of cabbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

manster wrote: »
    Does it cost you anything if you use wifi with the mobile version of cabbage?

Nope! Dosent use your data allowance (3g/gprs)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

That's great thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Hi Sam

Can you confirm for me that the options tu send via SMS discount and Low rate VOIP are still active? I was using VoipCheap, but they have removed the options to pay by credit-card or paypal from their site.

Cheers

Papa

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    Hi Sam

Can you confirm for me that the options tu send via SMS discount and Low rate VOIP are still active? I was using VoipCheap, but they have removed the options to pay by credit-card or paypal from their site.

Cheers

Papa

They are active but I just found a bug in the desktop version that would prevent them working. Were you using the desktop version? has it actually stopped working or did you just notice that they removed the options from their site?

I bought some credit from SMS Discount and it works fine on my phone (E61i). Seems to be the same company behind VoipCheap - at least payment is received by "betaMax" and PC interface is pretty-much the same. Seems crazy that VoipCheap want me to buy credit via Western Union or vai one of their resellers - who all want bank drafts. Contacted their "support" and they told me to make a payment via one of the "current options" and my ability to pay via CC or paypal will be restored!! There is not and never has been any problem with my credit card!

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    I bought some credit from SMS Discount and it works fine on my phone (E61i). Seems to be the same company behind VoipCheap - at least payment is received by "betaMax" and PC interface is pretty-much the same. Seems crazy that VoipCheap want me to buy credit via Western Union or vai one of their resellers - who all want bank drafts. Contacted their "support" and they told me to make a payment via one of the "current options" and my ability to pay via CC or paypal will be restored!! There is not and never has been any problem with my credit card!

That's very odd. I still have the option to pay by credit card or paypal on voipcheap. Did they give you any reason why the options might have been removed?

It is the same company behind both btw. They've a few others as well like www.lowratevoip.com

Hi Sam

Here's the text of my correspondence with their "helpdesk":

Error description:I have used your service for 3 months and find it excellent. However, I wish to buy more credit but my preferred payment methods (credit card or Paypal) are not available to me. Why?

Please make one payment with one of the available methods on your MyAccount area on our site. Once your payment has been credited to your account, other payment options will be restored.

Kind regards,

Customer service

Why have the "other payment options" been removed in the first place? I am perfectly happy to make payments via my credit card (as I have in the past) or by paypal - I'm not happy about giving my details to third-parties.

cant for the life of me understand this - other than maybe they want to push business toward "resellers"!!

Papa

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hi Sam,

Do you know if cabbage is compatible with the SE C510. When I try to download it I get an 'Operation Failed' message

Thanks
    SEORG

SEORG wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Do you know if cabbage is compatible with the SE C510. When I try to download it I get an 'Operation Failed' message

Thanks
    SEORG

It's MIDP 2.0 compatible so I don't see why it wouldn't be. Can you install other J2ME apps?

It's MIDP 2.0 compatible so I don't see why it wouldn't be. Can you install other J2ME apps?

Haven't tried any others yet. I'll give it a go.

Same thing is happening when I try to download and install other J2ME apps. Seems to be a general problem with apps to the C510

SEORG wrote: »
    Same thing is happening when I try to download and install other J2ME apps. Seems to be a general problem with apps to the C510

Maybe try a factory reset or upgrading the firmware both of which will wipe your data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Downloaded this morning and working great with O2 now that the O2 site is back up.

With 3 however I get "Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site". I've verified the 3 Webtext account details that I'm using by logging in with them at : http://webtext.three.ie/login . Is the 3 network working okay with Cabbage?

bhickey wrote: »
    Downloaded this morning and working great with O2 now that the O2 site is back up.

With 3 however I get "Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site". I've verified the 3 Webtext account details that I'm using by logging in with them at : http://webtext.three.ie/login . Is the 3 network working okay with Cabbage?

It's working fine for me. Do you have the latest version, v1.95.6? And did you update to it after entering the three details?

There was a problem with 1.95.5 to do with the way three logins were entered so if you're 100% sure you have the right number (in the format 0833333333) and the right pin then try erasing the login and re-entering the details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

It's working fine for me. Do you have the latest version, v1.95.6? And did you update to it after entering the three details?

There was a problem with 1.95.5 to do with the way three logins were entered so if you're 100% sure you have the right number (in the format 0833333333) and the right pin then try erasing the login and re-entering the details

Yes I just downloaded Cabbage_Setup_1.95.6.exe this morning. Anyway I started Cabbage again, entered my PIN when prompted and this time it worked fine! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Hi Sam, I downloaded the cabbage program to my Nokia N82 this morning - Im on Meteor - got the error message "could not connect to the network site" I used Meteor as my login name on the setup, entered my phone number without any spaces and used the original pin - used meteor wap gprs when I was actually sending the text - any ideas on how to solve this:D:D:D

The phone number should be in the format 0851234567

The pin should be the one you would use to log into the meteor website. Try logging into the website to make sure it's working

Make sure you have meteor selected as the network

Can other apps connect? Try downloading Bart from my website and see if it works

Do you have any logins from any other networks to try?

Sam thanks for responding so promptly - yes to all the questions you asked - Downloaded the Bart as well and it works fine just checked it there - I'll try it with 02 and see how I get on - Cheers:)

Sam, when I checked the program again on my phone making sure I had the pin correct etc. I noticed I was on version 1.4 so I had a look again at the Cabbage site and it says the most up to date version is 1.6!! - my mistake when I entered it directly on my phone was typing in dll instead of dl1!! Removed the old version and downloaded version 1.6 correctly this time - it works perfectly!!! Thanks so much for helping me out on this one!!:D:D:D - sorry for wasting your time though:o

kilsmum wrote: »
    Thanks so much for helping me out on this one!!:D:D:D - sorry for wasting your time though:o

Don't worry about it ;)

Sorry to be bothering you again Sam!! Had a look back through the pages of the thread but cant find an answer to this! I tested out this program on my phone from my Three account but when I sent the text (it was longer than 160 characters) the person receiving it only got one text (160 characters) so they missed out on half the news! - basically what Im trying to ask is whether you can send multiple texts or are you confined to the 160 - is it an option on the program that I need to change and if so where do I find it?? - Thanks in advance - Kilsmum:):):)

• Advertisement

kilsmum wrote: »
    Sorry to be bothering you again Sam!! Had a look back through the pages of the thread but cant find an answer to this! I tested out this program on my phone from my Three account but when I sent the text (it was longer than 160 characters) the person receiving it only got one text (160 characters) so they missed out on half the news! - basically what Im trying to ask is whether you can send multiple texts or are you confined to the 160 - is it an option on the program that I need to change and if so where do I find it?? - Thanks in advance - Kilsmum:):):)

Odd, the person should get two texts, it's working for me anyway. Could you try it out again? Send it to your own number to test.

And this shouldn't make a difference but the latest version is actually 1.6.2. No harm updating to see if it makes any difference. Type this into your phone browser: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.6.2

Advertisement