Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Ok deleted the program and installed it again - looks like it might just be a Three problem - Tried it with O2 and message came in as one text and then Meteor which came in as two!! Maybe the reason you only get one text with 02 is because they have changed their website to allow you send out a text with 1000 characters which is a good thing! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kilsmum wrote: »
    Ok deleted the program and installed it again - looks like it might just be a Three problem - Tried it with O2 and message came in as one text and then Meteor which came in as two!! Maybe the reason you only get one text with 02 is because they have changed their website to allow you send out a text with 1000 characters which is a good thing! :):):)

I don't think it is a 3 problem because it's working fine for me. i'll look into it and get back to you.

Btw, the O2 text does come in as one because they allow 1000 characters

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks very much Sam - much appreciated:D:D:D Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

same thing has happened to me sam over the last week or so - with the older version on Meteor - second portion of the text not received or received much later. Will upgrade to the new version and see if that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Anyone else having trouble with Cabbage Desktop 1.95.6 and Three?
    "Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site"

O2, Vodafone logins working fine.

I can log into the Three website and send a text no problem.

Edit: Mobile version working ok.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's not working for me either. I'll take a look

Anyone else having trouble with Cabbage Desktop 1.95.6 and Three?
    "Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site"

O2, Vodafone logins working fine.

I can log into the Three website and send a text no problem.

Edit: Mobile version working ok.

could you click more->configuration and make sure "send messages via intermediate server" is ticked?

Three only works server side right now but I thought I'd set it to work whether you had it ticked or not. Seems not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    could you click more->configuration and make sure "send messages via intermediate server" is ticked?

Three only works server side right now but I thought I'd set it to work whether you had it ticked or not. Seems not

Yup that worked! Thanks Sam. Legend.

No prob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Bit of a nuisance thing to happen to me using the desktop cabbage.

I had set the program to lock into the bottom left hand corner of my desktop and set it to the smallest of the three versions. I was biging up the program to a family friend and selected the 'more' button on the small interface to change it to the default one, so I could explain what to expect when they downloaded the program for themselves.

Thing is, now the default interface is locked in the bottom right hand corner of my desktop with only the top half in play so to speak. I have no access to the bottom buttons to revert to the small interface, hit send or pretty much anything.

Is there another method of either unlocking the interface or accessing the 'more' settings to revert to the small interface and continue using the program.

Was on V. 1.95.2 and D/L'd V 1.95.6 hoping it might reset the program to default to no avail. Also, cant set the desktop res any higher (already at highest setting) which I hoped would give me more real estate and allow access to the 'more' button.....

Borked.... any help welcome. :(

• Advertisement

The easiest way is to keep pressing tab until the more button is highlighted and press enter. You don't actually have to click it with the mouse :)

Failing that, delete the file:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Cabbage\vars.txt

or if you're a bit more adventurous, open the file and change the variable:

widget=1

to

widget=0

and you'll be able to move it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

The easiest way is to keep pressing tab until the more button is highlighted and press enter. You don't actually have to click it with the mouse :)

Failing that, delete the file:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Cabbage\vars.txt

or if you're a bit more adventurous, open the file and change the variable:

widget=1

to

widget=0

and you'll be able to move it:)

That worked a treat..... Just did the tab trick... feel a bit stupid that I didn't think of that myself, but many thanks. With cabbage borked for me, everyone I know would think I was dead after a day or two of silence.... cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Hi Sam,

Great site i use it regularly! Up till now it's been working great but now i get this when i click "send":
    Msg sent.
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /o2.send.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at cabbagetexter.com Port 80
    msgs left

Back

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sent a text using cabbage on o2 and arrived fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Any O2 people having a problem sending using Cabbage mobile today??
    From cabbage desktop and from O2 website webtexts are working fine
    Using v1.6.2 and getting the unexpected format message.
    I tried both servers both no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

billbond4 wrote: »
    Any O2 people having a problem sending using Cabbage mobile today??
    From cabbage desktop and from O2 website webtexts are working fine
    Using v1.6.2 and getting the unexpected format message.
    I tried both servers both no luck

Hi

I have problems sending from Cabbage on the PC but the website is ok.

Getting error (-8) Precheck: Invalid Response

Tried all the server and all give error while sending.

It should be ok now.

@nava, the reason it was working for billbond4 on the pc was most likely that he had it set not to use the intermediate server in more->configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

It should be ok now.

@nava, the reason it was working for billbond4 on the pc was most likely that he had it set not to use the intermediate server in more->configuration.

Hi Sam

Thanks working now, also noticed when looking into the setting I didn't have the option to check for updates on startup selected so wasn't using latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

ok so im on o2 and using cabbage and it serves me pretty handy but i've got a nokia phone (one of those express ones) that are not unlockable on vodafone.

Im getting bout 7 texts to a cent on 02,how many would i get on vodafone anyone reckon?

If you use it through the isp access point the price is 19c per MB with no minimum charge so it'll be practically nothing.

Over live the minimum charge is 2c per kb afaik up to the 99c ceiling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

2000 posts :)

Well done sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Jonathan wrote: »
    2000 posts :)

Well done sam.
    That just means he's made a dodgy piece of software .. so dodgy that people have to keep reporting bugs and complaining about it ;)

:D

Random wrote: »
    That just means he's made a dodgy piece of software .. so dodgy that people have to keep reporting bugs and complaining about it ;)

:D

BANNED!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

great app sam. Using it with 3 and voipcheap on my desktop and 3 on my mobile. Can't get it working with voipcheap on my mobile. Keep getting "could not connect to network site" when i try to send a message. I've checked everything i can think of but no luck. Any suggestions?

thanks!

It's working for me so you must be entering something wrong, assuming it's working with the 3 login.

Firstly make sure you have the latest version:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.6.2/ (type that link directly into your phone, it won't work downloading it via a computer)

The login name has to be your voipcheap username
    The phone number shouldn't matter but enter it in the format +353851234567 (not 085)
    Make sure your password is right of course :)
    And I'm sure I don't need to tell you to make sure voipcheap is selected as the network

To make sure you have your login details right, change the capital entries in the url below to your info and paste it into your browser. Let me know what prints out

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?name=YOUR_VOIPCHEAP_USERNAME&u=YOUR_NUMBER&d=YOUR_NUMBER&p=YOUR_PASSWORD&s=vo&m=hello

edit:do you have voipcheap credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

latest version installed and plenty of credit, still no luck.
    Not sure what you mean by: change the capital entries in the url below to your info and paste it into your browser.

Should I change "D" to something??

http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php?na...D&s=vo&m=hello

On my desktop or on my mobile?

Thanks

J

Sorry I should have been more clear, boards automatically shortens long links, if you right-click on it and click properties you'll see the whole thing.

But forget that anyway, I've come up with an easier way to test it. go to this link:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/voip.htm

fill in the form and click send. Let me know what prints out and if you receive a text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone is getting an error with O2 and Cabbage v1.91

I keep getting "Error: (-8) Unknown Error"

Sniipe wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone is getting an error with O2 and Cabbage v1.91

I keep getting "Error: (-8) Unknown Error"

I can't remember what -8 is supposed to be off hand but the first thing I'd recommend would be updating to the latest 1.95.6

It's most likely the o2 website being slow though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

thanks Sam, I had a quick glance at the O2 site and I got a Http 500 Internal Server Error so that is most likely it.

Advertisement