Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sniipe wrote: »
    thanks Sam, I had a quick glance at the O2 site and I got a Http 500 Internal Server Error so that is most likely it.

I always get blamed for O2's problems :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

text received "testing voipcheap" and "1 1 success" returned from form. I've checked the account settings on cabbage mobile and they are exactly the same as what I entered on the form :confused:
    The fact that I can send text via 3 suggests that my mobile (N73) is set up ok.
    I must be missing something obvious.

JayV wrote: »
    text received "testing voipcheap" and "1 1 success" returned from form. I've checked the account settings on cabbage mobile and they are exactly the same as what I entered on the form :confused:
    The fact that I can send text via 3 suggests that my mobile (N73) is set up ok.
    I must be missing something obvious.

The fact that 3 works does suggest that alright.

The only other suggestion I can think of is uninstalling and reinstalling it so give that a shot

Are you you entered into the program exactly what you did on the form I linked you to and there's nothing that you're leaving out thinking it doesn't matter? Are you sure the capitals in your password are right and are you definitely putting the plus symbols in the phone numbers?

Could you pm me your login details so I can try them myself if reinstalling doesn't work? I promise I won't do anything with them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

No joy. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Would it be possible to have different accounts connected to different countries?
    I.e. if I send to +353 numbers, then will it use e.g. a Three webtext acct, while everything else will be sent through another nominated acct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    If you use it through the isp access point the price is 19c per MB with no minimum charge so it'll be practically nothing.

Over live the minimum charge is 2c per kb afaik up to the 99c ceiling

any downsides to using the isp access point? itf not i'll pop into the shop and switch over

flodis79 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have different accounts connected to different countries?
    I.e. if I send to +353 numbers, then will it use e.g. a Three webtext acct, while everything else will be sent through another nominated acct.

Sure why not. :)
    ronano wrote: »
    any downsides to using the isp access point? itf not i'll pop into the shop and switch over

The only real downside is that it's not capped at 99c per day like the live access point so it's not suitable for big usage.

The tariff only applies in Ireland so abroad you'd have to switch to live which is 99c per day anywhere vodafone has a data roaming agreement but a lot of stuff doesn't work properly over live , including cabbage. It works sometimes but randomly fails.

And the tariff is only on pre pay, it's ridiculously expensive on bill pay, with a 10c connection charge.

I'm getting Error (-7) Precheck
    Network Website failed

???
    Any ideas

I'm getting Error (-7) Precheck
    Network Website failed

???
    Any ideas

A few questions and suggestions to narrow down the problem:

Firstly make sure you have the latest version:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.6.exe
    1. What network are you on?
    2. Do you have any logins from other networks that you can try?
    3. What happens when you click more->extras->Check for updates?
    4. Did it work until yesterday or when did it stop working?
    5. Click more->configuration and if "Send messages via intermediate server" is ticked, untick it and vice versa and see if that makes a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi guys, i am running a Samsung S3500 and i would like to know what to enter in the "login name" box please.

many thanks,

voyager :cool:

• Advertisement

You can enter whatever you want in the login name box, it's just to identify it

Then in the phone number box enter your number in the format 0871234567, in the password box enter the password you use to log in to your network's website to send webtexts, then pick your network from the list

Is it not working having done that?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Sam, Sorry for posting here not sure how to start a new thread or else I might not have posted enough to be able to do so - Im looking for help - I have a Nokia E51 with 361 contacts and 44 groups - Im looking for a program that will backup the contacts AND the groups because I used to have an N80 which died on me recently:(:( - copying over the contacts was no trouble from the N80 to the E51 but I had to set up all 44 groups in the E51 again!! It would also be handy in case anything happens my current phone in the future - Thanks in advance - Kilsmum:D:D:D

kilsmum wrote: »
    Sam, Sorry for posting here not sure how to start a new thread or else I might not have posted enough to be able to do so
    It's fine :) By the way, the way to start a new thread is go back to the main forum page, like this one:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

Then click the new thread button near the top. This one :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=84877&stc=1&d=1247406986
    kilsmum wrote: »
    - Im looking for help - I have a Nokia E51 with 361 contacts and 44 groups - Im looking for a program that will backup the contacts AND the groups because I used to have an N80 which died on me recently:(:( - copying over the contacts was no trouble from the N80 to the E51 but I had to set up all 44 groups in the E51 again!! It would also be handy in case anything happens my current phone in the future - Thanks in advance - Kilsmum:D:D:D

A program you can use to back up contacts from your phone is the nokia pc suite. You can get it here:
    http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-pc-suite

Post back if you're having trouble with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

A program you can use to back up contacts from your phone is the nokia pc suite. You can get it here:
    http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-pc-suite

Post back if you're having trouble with it

Does it do groups?

From Sam - "You can enter whatever you want in the login name box, it's just to identify it

Then in the phone number box enter your number in the format 0871234567, in the password box enter the password you use to log in to your network's website to send webtexts, then pick your network from the list

Is it not working having done that?

Hi Sam, no still not working, i am getting a "unexpected response format" message on any attempt to send a text.
    any more help would be appreciated.

thanks, voyager :cool:

BostonB wrote: »
    Does it do groups?

I'd assume so since it's supposed to do a full backup of the phone
    voyager wrote: »
    Hi Sam, no still not working, i am getting a "unexpected response format" message on any attempt to send a text.
    any more help would be appreciated.

thanks, voyager :cool:

What network are you on?

Can you download Bart and see if it can connect to the internet?
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Bart1.4.jar

Hi again Sam, i am with meteor, and no Bart1.4 will not connect for me.

Can you go on the internet on your phone at all or did you put cabbage and bart on the phone through your computer?

Try going here:
    http://uk.samsungmobile.com/supports/configure-phone-setting-wap.do

and downloading the settings to your phone. Your model doesn't seem to be listed so GT-S3600 should work.

Can you see a menu on the phone to manually enter internet settings? It could in the normal settings menu, in the browser or under a java option, I haven't used a samsung myself so can't be sure. The options to look out for are:

internet profile (or wap or gprs profile)
    APN (or access point name)
    username/password
    proxy address and port

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roy_scott

hi

I am able to use the desktop version with three webtexts but had to slect " send messages using an intemediate server" within configuration menu.

1) however it will not import any contacts from the three website? i receive an error messgae saying invalid network

2) Also I'm having problems with the mobile version uaing three webtexts.
    I can access the internet on my mobile & downloaded the mobile version.

when i try to send a text with the mobile version i recieve an error message saying

"could not connect to server"

can you help?

Thanks

Importing contacts from the three website doesn't work yet

What phone do you have?

And if you download Bart from my website can it connect to the internet?
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Bart1.4.jar

• Advertisement

its a samsung ultra.

I downoaded BART but it is stuck on "please wait" when i try to use it

I can connect to the internet cos i downloaded the software that way

roy_scott wrote: »
    its a samsung ultra.

I downoaded BART but it is stuck on "please wait" when i try to use it

I can connect to the internet cos i downloaded the software that way

Try this:

Press menu->applications then look for operator settings or java world. If you see java world go into it and then you should see operator settings. Then you should see a place to enter internet settings.

There should be an option for APN or access point name. Enter 3ireland.ie.

Then there should be a lot of other options like username/password and maybe proxy settings but these aren't needed. Let me know if you see them though, thanks

ok in internet settings i have the following

access name 3ireland.ie
    auth type normal
    user Id
    password
    protocol Http
    Home url http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

proxy address 80
    linger time 300

can you please advise

ok in internet settings i have the following

access name 3ireland.ie
    auth type normal
    user Id
    password
    protocol Http
    Home url http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

proxy address 80
    linger time 300

can you please advise

That looks mostly ok to me except for the proxy. Is there a way to specify no proxy? Maybe set the address blank or 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Meteor have now added a security image on their login? does that spell the end for us meteor users??

That looks mostly ok to me except for the proxy. Is there a way to specify no proxy? Maybe set the address blank or 0.

. - leaving the proxy setting blank worked

thanks a million

mcauley wrote: »
    Meteor have now added a security image on their login? does that spell the end for us meteor users??

Nope, they added that ages ago and it only shows up after you've entered your login details wrong three times.

They added it because it used to be the case that you could write a bit of code to try every possible pin between 0 and 9999 in about two hours and find someone's pin. I told a meteor employee on boards that I'd made a program to do this (a two minute modification to the code for Cabbage) and that anyone with ten minutes spare could do the same and told him to stop me.

I'm sorry I did now :D

voyager wrote: »
    Hi again Sam, i am with meteor, and no Bart1.4 will not connect for me.

This should apply for you too voyager. Press menu->applications then look for operator settings or java world. If you see java world go into it and then you should see operator settings. Then you should see a place to enter internet settings. Enter:

access name: data.mymeteor.ie
    auth type: normal
    user Id: meteor
    password: meteor
    protocol: Http
    Home url: http://wap.mymeteor.ie

proxy address: blank
    linger time: 300

And you should be fine :)

I am able to send text messages on both the desktop & mobile version with three webtexts

1) however on both versions the software will not import any contacts from the three website? i receive an error messgae saying "invalid network selected"

any ideas on this?

• Advertisement

I am able to send text messages on both the desktop & mobile version with three webtexts

1) however on both versions the software will not import any contacts from the three website? i receive an error messgae saying "invalid network selected"

any ideas on this?

Importing contacts from the three website doesn't work yet. I haven't got around to setting it up

Advertisement