Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam, any chance of getting a new icon?

The current one is far too busy for a small icon on the quick launch bar..

Something like this instead? :P

cabbage.png

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Hi Sam,

I am trying to set this up on a Nokia 8800 for one of my friends, I used the o2 WAP settings off powermyphone.com (not sure if these are the right settings) It's telling me to 'Subscribe to packet data first' do I have to get on to o2 to turn this on? Any help would be great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roy_scott

does anyone know if there is a way to send international texts through the 3 webtexts service???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mfield wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

I am trying to set this up on a Nokia 8800 for one of my friends, I used the o2 WAP settings off powermyphone.com (not sure if these are the right settings) It's telling me to 'Subscribe to packet data first' do I have to get on to o2 to turn this on? Any help would be great! :)

Does the internet work on your phone?
    roy_scott wrote: »
    does anyone know if there is a way to send international texts through the 3 webtexts service???

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi sam, i got the programme working, however i am guessing as to how i did it, i will outline what i did so you can decide if it made a difference to it working or not.
    when i first downloaded cabbage through my mobile i followed your instructions and was still getting error messages, i was using the ordinary txt keys to access the number code for my meteor password, eg; if the first number was 5 i hit the jkl key 4 times to get to the number 5 and so on, it would still not work,
    however when i switched to the numeric mode and entered my password that way it worked perfectly for me.
    I am not saying this made a difference to give me the result i got but when i made that small change something happened. I only posted this in case it helps others, maybe i am totally wrong on this, what do you think.

voyager :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

Hi Sam,

When importing contacts from Network site, it doesn't seem to import them all for some reason?? just a few :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Jonathan wrote: »
    Sam, any chance of getting a new icon?

The current one is far too busy for a small icon on the quick launch bar..

Something like this instead? :P

Sure why not :)
    Hi Sam,

The WAP settings won't work on an 8800 because it can't use a proxy for java apps. You need to use their ISP settings. This is how to enter them:
    settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: O2 internet
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point: open.internet -or- internet (billpay) pp.internet -or- internet (prepay). Try all 4

authentication type:normal
    username:user
    password:user

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings
    highlight O2 internet and press options->activate

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes
    If you enter them and it still doesn't work, enter this too:
    settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web
    account name: O2 internet
    homepage:http://o2.ie
    username:user
    password:user
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight O2 internet and press options->set as default
    settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes
    And if that still doesn't work and you're 100% sure you've entered the settings right it means the internet access point isn't enabled on his account and he'll have to call O2 to get it activated.
    voyager wrote: »
    Hi sam, i got the programme working, however i am guessing as to how i did it, i will outline what i did so you can decide if it made a difference to it working or not.
    when i first downloaded cabbage through my mobile i followed your instructions and was still getting error messages, i was using the ordinary txt keys to access the number code for my meteor password, eg; if the first number was 5 i hit the jkl key 4 times to get to the number 5 and so on, it would still not work,
    however when i switched to the numeric mode and entered my password that way it worked perfectly for me.
    I am not saying this made a difference to give me the result i got but when i made that small change something happened. I only posted this in case it helps others, maybe i am totally wrong on this, what do you think.

voyager :confused:
    It's possible you were entering the password wrong without realising it or there could be a bug in the password input on the phone. Did you follow the instructions in this post? http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61134963&postcount=2039
    timmy69 wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

When importing contacts from Network site, it doesn't seem to import them all for some reason?? just a few :(

Is this the desktop or mobile version?

Does it import a few more each time you try it or did it import the first few and then not do any more?

Hi Sam,

That would be the desktop version, no it just imports the same ones :(

Hi Sam,

That would be the desktop version, no it just imports the same ones :(

Could you try this out for me and tell me if all your contacts print out or the same ones that keep getting imported:

I'm not sure which network you're on so edit the link for your network:

http://cabbagetexter.com/o2.book.php?u=0871234567&p=password
    http://cabbagetexter.com/met.book.php?u=0871234567&p=password
    http://cabbagetexter.com/voda.book.php?u=0871234567&p=password

Boards shortens long links to make them fit so to see the whole link, right-click on it and click properties. Whichever link refers to your network, replace the u=0871234567&p=password part with your own details and go to the link.

What network are you on btw?

Hi Sam,

Doesn't bring up all of them, i think the same ones as it imports :(.

• Advertisement

Hi Sam,

Doesn't bring up all of them, i think the same ones as it imports :(.

What network are you on?

Sorry thats O2

Sorry thats O2

Thanks. I'll look into it. What's most likely happening is your contacts are moving onto a second page but the script is only reading the first page

Was working fine yesterday on my N95 with Vodafone but now it's telling me that it 'Could not connect to a network site' It's working fine on my desktop though. I re-installed and still get the same problem. An help would be great :)

Many thanks Sam.

Was working fine yesterday on my N95 with Vodafone but now it's telling me that it 'Could not connect to a network site' It's working fine on my desktop though. I re-installed and still get the same problem. An help would be great :)

Many thanks Sam.

The cabaal.org server doesn't seem to be working so that might be the problem if you never changed the server. Press options->accounts->options->edit server and make sure it's set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Also try using it through the ISP access point instead of live and see if that makes a difference (assuming you are using live)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Great program m8, well done, only started using it yesterday and its very useful, just wondering would it be possible that cabbage would have a minimize to system tray instead of closing fully option if I accidentally hit the X button rather than the minimize one?

Cheers

Nick

I don't think that would be a good idea tbh. There's already a minimise to tray option because that's what the minimise button does and if I make the close button do the same thing there'll be no button to close the program anymore :D

I'm assuming the problem is that you've written a text then hit close and lost the text. How about I give an option to save whatever text is in the message box when closing the program so it'll still be there when you open it again? That way there's no real difference between clicking the tray icon to bring it back or clicking the taskbar button to open it again

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I don't think that would be a good idea tbh. There's already a minimise to tray option because that's what the minimise button does and if I make the close button do the same thing there'll be no button to close the program anymore :D

I'm assuming the problem is that you've written a text then hit close and lost the text. How about I give an option to save whatever text is in the message box when closing the program so it'll still be there when you open it again? That way there's no real difference between clicking the tray icon to bring it back or clicking the taskbar button to open it again

Basicly what I mean is, if you open a download manager for example, clicking the close button will minimise the program to a tray icon, keeping the program logged in/saving the need to re-open it, I think it would be a worthwhile option and give the person choice wheather to activate it or not thru a option or not, for some reason on Vista 64Bit, I need to give the program admin priviledges (using always "run this program as admin") in compatibility options for it, and even though I asked it to save the password, It still asks for it on start up, hence the reason I could see this beneficial

Cheers

Nick

You shouldn't have to run it as an admin, I'm using vista and I don't. What version are you using?

If you claick more->configuration, is the option "keep application data in cabbage folder" ticked?

• Advertisement

Is all your other data being stored ok btw?

And to be sure it's set to remember your password, click more->manage logins->edit (with your login selected)

And make sure "remember your password" is ticked. If it's ticked try unticking it and ticking it again

You shouldn't have to run it as an admin, I'm using vista and I don't. What version are you using?

Now I'm embarrassed, I was drinking at the time I installed it so have an excuse ;) , Running it as admin wasnt saving the password but running it as normal it appears to be saved, lol feel like a right idiot :pac:

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Thanks. I'll look into it. What's most likely happening is your contacts are moving onto a second page but the script is only reading the first page

Thats exactly what happens, only gets the first page of mine also - just thought was me though and it didnt bother me as I had already imported my contects before o2 changed their site!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just thought i'd post it here to save alot of questions come the 31st!

3746993606_84c36a5836_o.jpg

yoyo wrote: »
    Now I'm embarrassed, I was drinking at the time I installed it so have an excuse ;) , Running it as admin wasnt saving the password but running it as normal it appears to be saved, lol feel like a right idiot :pac:

Nick

Don't worry about it :D

Glad you like it

squared wrote: »
    Just thought i'd post it here to save alot of questions come the 31st!

Thanks for that. That should save a few questions. I hope they don't go changing the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I hope Vimes is ready for any website changes Meteor might bring in. In other news ...

O2 Website Downtime also.
    http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/announcement.php?f=1
    Please note that O2.ie will be unavailable on July 23rd from 02.30 to 06.00.

There will also be maintenance on Tuesday July 28 00:01 to 05:20.

O2 Sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks for that. That should save a few questions. I hope they don't go changing the site

Well I hope they allow texts with >160 characters, that would be nice. Must be planning something big if they need four days to work on it.

They mention giving us 300 free webtexts for the inconvenience but they always do at the start of every month. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The cabaal.org server doesn't seem to be working so that might be the problem if you never changed the server. Press options->accounts->options->edit server and make sure it's set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Also try using it through the ISP access point instead of live and see if that makes a difference (assuming you are using live)

Server was the prob Sam, changed it and all working perfect! Thanks a million! You're a gent!

Advertisement