Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Would there be any chance of adding Tab autocomplete for the names? I've found myself pressing Tab a few times after typing the first one or two letters of a contact name and just moves the active element to the drop down list (which, I know, is generally what Tab is supposed to do in that sort of situation...)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Baza210 wrote: »
    Would there be any chance of adding Tab autocomplete for the names? I've found myself pressing Tab a few times after typing the first one or two letters of a contact name and just moves the active element to the drop down list (which, I know, is generally what Tab is supposed to do in that sort of situation...)

Do you mean, for example when you enter the letters "jo", that each time you press tab it should do something like this?

john
    joe
    jonathan
    josephine

Instead of moving to the drop down list?

I'd suggest something like what is common in IRC clients. You type the first letter, and press Tab. If only one person in the chatroom (or in this case your phone book) has a name beginning with that letter, it inserts that name. If more than one person has it then it displays a list of the people whose name beings with that and pressing Tab again cycles through them. If you press Spacebar then it inserts whatever name you have highlighted and you continue (or in this case move on to) typing with your message. So yeah, basically what you said :P
    For some reason I just find pressing Tab more comfortable than moving to the arrow keys...

Also, if I type Jo right now, John ; Jonathan ; Joseph come up. If I arrow down to Jonathan and press Tab having only typed "Jo", it stays at Jo rather than having selected Jonathan ... get what I mean?

I don't know how other users would feel about this, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Edit : Also, if there was an option to rank the Tab autocompletes by order of how many messages you'd sent to them, instead of alphabetically, that would be cool too >_>

I'd suggest something like what is common in IRC clients. You type the first letter, and press Tab. If only one person in the chatroom (or in this case your phone book) has a name beginning with that letter, it inserts that name.
    So what you want changed is that if there's only one person on the list when you press tab, it selects that person rather than highlighting the name which you then have to select. Easily done.
    If more than one person has it then it displays a list of the people whose name beings with that and pressing Tab again cycles through them. If you press Spacebar then it inserts whatever name you have highlighted and you continue (or in this case move on to) typing with your message. So yeah, basically what you said :P
    For some reason I just find pressing Tab more comfortable than moving to the arrow keys...

Also, if I type Jo right now, John ; Jonathan ; Joseph come up. If I arrow down to Jonathan and press Tab having only typed "Jo", it stays at Jo rather than having selected Jonathan ... get what I mean?

This part I'm so so sure on because it seems contradictory. On the one hand you say you want pressing tab to cycle through the names but then you say that when you press tab you want it to pick the highlighted name. Would it be acceptable to have pressing tab move down the list and then have spacebar or enter select the name?
    Edit : Also, if there was an option to rank the Tab autocompletes by order of how many messages you'd sent to them, instead of alphabetically, that would be cool too >_>

You'll find that if you press down in the "To" box while there is no text in the box you'll get a list of your recently used numbers. Will that do? :)

timmy69 wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Doesn't bring up all of them, i think the same ones as it imports :(.

Could you try it now and tell me if it's importing all of them? It should import up to 500 contacts now

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    So what you want changed is that if there's only one person on the list when you press tab, it selects that person rather than highlighting the name which you then have to select. Easily done.
    Yep, pretty much : D
    This part I'm so so sure on because it seems contradictory. On the one hand you say you want pressing tab to cycle through the names but then you say that when you press tab you want it to pick the highlighted name. Would it be acceptable to have pressing tab move down the list and then have spacebar or enter select the name?
    Well the first bit you refer to is what I was suggesting as an alternate/auxiliary feature with selection using Tab, and in the second bit I was referring to how it behaves right now if you select using the arrow keys ...
    You'll find that if you press down in the "To" box while there is no text in the box you'll get a list of your recently used numbers. Will that do? :)

Indeed! That I did not know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I've been using this program for a few weeks, it's brilliant!

Sent a small donation (I'm broke!) to the author via PayPal. I suggest others do the same to encourage more from him.

Well the first bit you refer to is what I was suggesting as an alternate/auxiliary feature with selection using Tab, and in the second bit I was referring to how it behaves right now if you select using the arrow keys ...

So the way you want it is that pressing tab will move down through the list and pressing spacebar or enter will select a name. Correct?
    eightyfish wrote: »
    Sent a small donation (I'm broke!) to the author via PayPal.

He did indeed. Thanks for your support :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

He did indeed. Thanks for your support :)

Oh, that's you? Sorry, didn't read thread fully before I posted.

Nice work.

So the way you want it is that pressing tab will move down through the list and pressing spacebar or enter will select a name. Correct?

If it's feasible, then yes please :pac:

• Advertisement

Here's a cleaned up / transparent background version of the icon Jonathan posted, too :)

cabbage_1.png

If it's feasible, then yes please :pac:

Try this out and tell me if it does what you want:

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.7.exe

Try this out and tell me if it does what you want:

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.7.exe

Absolutely spot on! Great work :D

Absolutely spot on! Great work :D

Did the icon change for you? I've changed the icon but I've been having trouble with it caching the old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yeah the new cabbage appears for me! Although you forgot to add the version number. Was that intentioanal?

Edit: Snip
    Problem fixed

squared wrote: »
    Yeah the new cabbage appears for me! Although you forgot to add the version number. Was that intentioanal?

No it was not :)

If you download it again the version number should be fixed

Did the icon change for you? I've changed the icon but I've been having trouble with it caching the old one.

Yeah, it did. I had already changed it using Resource Hacker but that only changed the icon in Windows Explorer, not in the Sys. Tray or in the Cabbage titlebar. All's well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

This is a great programme- was wondering why not working not fixed.

Quick question is it possible to send the same text to more then one person at once using Cabbage?

Luckycharm wrote: »
    This is a great programme- was wondering why not working not fixed.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you having problems with it?

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Quick question is it possible to send the same text to more then one person at once using Cabbage?

Yes it is. On the desktop version type your message and then click the "Group" button. You can then select names from your phone book. And if you click more->groups, you can pre-define groups so that you can just tick the group instead of each name in the group

On the mobile version, type your message and then press options->send to many, then you can type a number to send it to, add a number from the Cabbage phone book or add a number from your phone's contacts (depending on your phone model, some don't allow it. The option on a nokia says "Add from contacts")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

i got some weird error codes with cabbage mobile few days ago.

Error:123122
    Error:179178

Not sure about the last one but it was deffo 123122

• Advertisement

Hmmm, looks to me like the script sent two texts and printed out the result from both, ie the first text printed you had 123 left and the second had 122.

That's not specifically an error code, cabbage calls any unexpected number an error, in this case a number greater than 333 (the max number of webtexts)

I'll look into it. Was this on O2? Did you send a text long enough to be broken into two?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Hi Sam,

Been a while since I had to contact you.

Anyway, have a SE K850i, on O2 network (bill-pay).
    Getting "Could not connect to network site" when trying to send a text message. My internet settings are find as I was able to download the latest mobile version of cabbage 1.6.2 and re-install. Checked my account settings, all ok. I am able to send texts using GPRSMS from my mobile plus from my iPod Touch I can send text using Eirtext Pro.

Any ideas? My brother is seeing same, he has a Nokia (on O2 pre-pay). I will try and find out the exact model Nokia.

Thanks - laoisfan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

laoisfan wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Been a while since I had to contact you.

Anyway, have a SE K850i, on O2 network (bill-pay).
    Getting "Could not connect to network site" when trying to send a text message. My internet settings are find as I was able to download the latest mobile version of cabbage 1.6.2 and re-install. Checked my account settings, all ok. I am able to send texts using GPRSMS from my mobile plus from my iPod Touch I can send text using Eirtext Pro.

Any ideas? My brother is seeing same, he has a Nokia (on O2 pre-pay). I will try and find out the exact model Nokia.

Thanks - laoisfan

ok. completely deleted it, re-installed 1.6.2 (btw when installed it says 1.6.1). working now. will tell brother what to do. thanks!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sam, my C902 is acting up again! It keeps telling me cannot access network site. I uninstalled the version I had and installed 1.6.2 but still giving me the same error.

Sam, my C902 is acting up again! It keeps telling me cannot access network site. I uninstalled the version I had and installed 1.6.2 but still giving me the same error.

Did you download the special C902 version?
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.6.2_c902.jar

And if you press more->accounts->more->edit server is it set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi Sam,

this stopped working on my phone last week!

Nokia E51
    Meteor pay as you go.

when using i get either - could not connect to the network site or unexpected responce error

ive downloaded the version 1.6.2 from your site but when installed it wont open on the phone so ive removed it completely to try a reinstall. any ideas?

kceire wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

this stopped working on my phone last week!

Nokia E51
    Meteor pay as you go.

when using i get either - could not connect to the network site or unexpected responce error

ive downloaded the version 1.6.2 from your site but when installed it wont open on the phone so ive removed it completely to try a reinstall. any ideas?

A few people have reported problems in the last week and they've all had to do with the old server address being stored. If you press options->accounts->options->edit server and change http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php it should work

Did it open after you reinstalled?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A few people have reported problems in the last week and they've all had to do with the old server address being stored. If you press options->accounts->options->edit server and change http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php it should work

Did it open after you reinstalled?

i had to remove the original one, and reinstalled the current one from your site, now seems to be working perfect!

all beit losing all my contacts, but thats no biggie :D

thanks again Sam.

I've fixed the old server just now anyway so anyone who was having problems shouldn't be anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kbrand

Nice little widget, you wouldnt happen to know if anyone out there makes one using asp.net... would love to link something like that into a home site i am working on.

K.
    http://www.gea.ie

Advertisement