Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kbrand wrote: »
    Nice little widget, you wouldnt happen to know if anyone out there makes one using asp.net... would love to link something like that into a home site i am working on.

K.
    http://www.gea.ie

I don't I'm afraid. The scripts are available for download on my website but they're in php.

I have code to do it in VB 2008 as well which would probably be very close or maybe the same as asp.net. It's also on the website as part of the desktop app code. It's in the "new cabbagesender" folder

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Did you download the special C902 version?
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.6.2_c902.jar

And if you press more->accounts->more->edit server is it set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php ?
    Thanks Sam.

Just changed the server address and it is working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

This programs is superb, god I wish I knew about it a while back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kbrand

Excelent, Thanks very much... just grabbed it and should be able to muck it about to make it work for me. thanks again.
    I don't I'm afraid. The scripts are available for download on my website but they're in php.

I have code to do it in VB 2008 as well which would probably be very close or maybe the same as asp.net. It's also on the website as part of the desktop app code. It's in the "new cabbagesender" folder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

sorry if its been covered...

now that 3 have webtxts does it work? I downloaded it but no option for 3irl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yes. Download the latest version from the site cabbagetexter.com

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

cojomo2 wrote: »
    sorry if its been covered...

now that 3 have webtxts does it work? I downloaded it but no option for 3irl?

Yeah if you have a new version it should work fine, just be wary that you won't get a data connection over GPRS.

Adro947 wrote: »
    Yeah if you have a new version it should work fine, just be wary that you won't get a data connection over GPRS.

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

How do you mean?

If on 3 you won't get any data coverage on Vodafone hence Cabbage won't work. Unless I'm mistaken? :S

Adro947 wrote: »
    If on 3 you won't get any data coverage on Vodafone hence Cabbage won't work. Unless I'm mistaken? :S

Oh right, sorry I thought you mean it wouldn't work over the mobile network at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@cojomo2 - I have merged your thread into this mega thread. Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam,

Just tried out Cabbage 1.95.7.

Couple of things:
    • I can't get cabbage to keep the manual proxy settings; I enter, and when I go to a different tab, or close the preferences it is gone. Not that big a deal, I can set IE proxy settings.

• When I try to download phone book (meteor) I get 2 errors and nothing happens:
      Method '~' of object '~' failed
      Error

• Any chance of having an option to disable minimise to systray? In Windows 7, it is actually easier to have the program in the background the whole time rather than minimised to systray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Sam, for the last few days I've been having problems sending texts over my mobile's data connection. I keep getting "unexpected response format." It seems to work fine most of the time over WiFi. I'm on O2. I know this is probably their problem and not yours, but just wondering if you have any idea what's going on?

I've tried Cabaal's server and cabbagetexter.com.

Jonathan wrote: »
    [*]I can't get cabbage to keep the manual proxy settings; I enter, and when I go to a different tab, or close the preferences it is gone. Not that big a deal, I can set IE proxy settings.
    That's very odd, it's working for me. Is this the sequence you're following?

Click more->Proxy->use proxy.
    Enter a proxy address
    Click "Configuration"
    click "Proxy"

and the text is gone?
    [*]When I try to download phone book (meteor) I get 2 errors and nothing happens:
    Method '~' of object '~' failed
    Error
    I'll look into that.
    [*]Any chance of having an option to disable minimise to systray? In Windows 7, it is actually easier to have the program in the background the whole time rather than minimised to systray.
    [/LIST]

Sure why not :)
    Breezer wrote: »
    Sam, for the last few days I've been having problems sending texts over my mobile's data connection. I keep getting "unexpected response format." It seems to work fine most of the time over WiFi. I'm on O2. I know this is probably their problem and not yours, but just wondering if you have any idea what's going on?

Could you try http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php

Same problem Sam :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

That's very odd, it's working for me. Is this the sequence you're following?

Click more->Proxy->use proxy.
    Enter a proxy address
    Click "Configuration"
    click "Proxy"

and the text is gone?
    Yup. Gone.

And the check box has changed back to use internet exploder settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

I am on o2 too and no problem at all sending message, on both 3g and 2g.

Yup. Gone.

And the check box has changed back to use internet exploder settings.

Could you try this for me please?

Open the file %appdata%\cabbage\vars.txt

You should see the variables:
    useproxy=
    proxy=
    proxyuser=
    proxypass=

useproxy should change from 1 to 0 as you click "Use proxy" or "Use settings from internet explorer"

Could you change the options on the program a few times and reload the file each time to see what happens to those variables?

The function to change them is the same one used for every other variable so it's odd that they're the only ones that don't change.

Are you running it in admin mode btw?

sbhatia wrote: »
    I am on o2 too and no problem at all sending message, on both 3g and 2g.

Really? Now that is strange. I've tried reinstalling Cabbage, and data is working fine in Bart and other apps.

Really? Now that is strange. I've tried reinstalling Cabbage, and data is working fine in Bart and other apps.

Is it any better since changing to http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php ? Or is it too soon to tell?

• Advertisement

Could you try this for me please?

Open the file %appdata%\cabbage\vars.txt

You should see the variables:
    useproxy=
    proxy=
    proxyuser=
    proxypass=

useproxy should change from 1 to 0 as you click "Use proxy" or "Use settings from internet explorer"

Could you change the options on the program a few times and reload the file each time to see what happens to those variables?

The function to change them is the same one used for every other variable so it's odd that they're the only ones that don't change.

Are you running it in admin mode btw?
    Yup. Running in admin mode.

I've since restarted the pc and all is well - Both the retrieving contacts from network site, and proxy.

I've no idea what was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

Could you try it now and tell me if it's importing all of them? It should import up to 500 contacts now

Ohhhh yeaaaaa...thanks so much Sam!

Yup. Running in admin mode.

I've since restarted the pc and all is well - Both the retrieving contacts from network site, and proxy.

I've no idea what was up.

Could you try running it without admin mode? I ask because of this guy:
    yoyo wrote: »
    Now I'm embarrassed, I was drinking at the time I installed it so have an excuse ;) , Running it as admin wasnt saving the password but running it as normal it appears to be saved, lol feel like a right idiot :pac:

Nick

Could you try running it without admin mode? I ask because of this guy:
    Yea same was happening to me too.

It wouldn't save my settings.

It seems to be acting up the first time you use the program, but fine after - regardless of admin mode or not.

Yea same was happening to me too.

It wouldn't save my settings.

It seems to be acting up the first time you use the program, but fine after - regardless of admin mode or not.

So running it without admin mode hasn't solved the problem then?

So running it without admin mode hasn't solved the problem then?
    It seems to be fixed now.

And it stays fixed regardless of whether I run it in admin mode or not.

It seems to be fixed now.

And it stays fixed regardless of whether I run it in admin mode or not.

Spooooky :)

Is it any better since changing to http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php ? Or is it too soon to tell?
    Sorry, that's what I meant earlier when I said "same problem." It makes absolutely no difference.

It works maybe once every 15 or 20 times, on the powermyphone server, but no more than that.

I've also tried sending texts through a Meteor account (same phone, still using O2's data service), and I get the same result.

EDIT: Sam, it suddenly dawned on me that Cabbage might be conflicting with an app I installed called Psiloc Connect. I removed it and it didn't make a difference, did a soft reset of the phone and it made no difference, so I went for a hard reset and it seems to be fixed now. I've no idea if Psiloc Connect actually was the problem, but no matter. Now, I need to go set up everything on my phone again. That's how important Cabbage is to me :D

EDIT: Sam, it suddenly dawned on me that Cabbage might be conflicting with an app I installed called Psiloc Connect. I removed it and it didn't make a difference, did a soft reset of the phone and it made no difference, so I went for a hard reset and it seems to be fixed now. I've no idea if Psiloc Connect actually was the problem, but no matter.
    Hmmm that's odd. Let me know if the problem comes back.
    Now, I need to go set up everything on my phone again.

That's how important Cabbage is to me :D

Glad you like it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Sam,

Is your latest version of the Cabbage Desktop texting program the one on your website (in your signature) or are there other versions somewhere? I haven't read this whole thread but I have Cabbage installed and since I use double screen I have somehow lost the program. When I press alt+tab (on Windows XP) Cabbage does not appear and I can't find it in my open programs anywhere. If I remember correctly it never had an icon in the desktop bar.

Any help to find my cabbage?

Advertisement