Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You probably dragged it off the edge of the screen. The quickest way to get it back would be to open the file c:\documents and settings\<username>\cabbage\vars.txt

and change the variable:

rempos=8490---1815

to a more reasonable figure. Rempos is short for remember position and the two numbers are the x and y coordinates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Over on the meteor forum they have posted a link to a survey that they are carrying out. I think everyone should fill it out and tell them that they want want to be able to send long texts from the site.

Link to Survey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You probably dragged it off the edge of the screen. The quickest way to get it back would be to open the file c:\documents and settings\<username>\cabbage\vars.txt

and change the variable:

rempos=8490---1815

to a more reasonable figure. Rempos is short for remember position and the two numbers are the x and y coordinates

I think I have dragged it off the screen. I can't find the 'vars.txt' file in the location you mentioned. I can't find the 'cabbage' folder either in the location you mentioned. The 'cabbage' folder in is the 'c:\program files' folder. It does not contain any 'vars.txt' file. I even searched my whole 'c:' and could not find any 'vars.txt' file.

Peter B wrote: »
    I think I have dragged it off the screen. I can't find the 'vars.txt' file in the location you mentioned. I can't find the 'cabbage' folder either in the location you mentioned. The 'cabbage' folder in is the 'c:\program files' folder. It does not contain any 'vars.txt' file. I even searched my whole 'c:' and could not find any 'vars.txt' file.

I'm afraid I gave you the wrong path :D

It should be c:\documents and settings\<username>\Application data\cabbage

You might find that application data is hidden but you can just paste that path into the address bar (but put your username in of course) :)

Edit:but now I think of it you might be able to do this: use alt+tab to highlight cabbage then press the 'right-click' button on the keyboard. It should be next to the right ctrl key and have a picture of a box that looks like a right click menu.

Then you should be able to select a move option and use the arrow keys to move it back onto the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Using this won't allow free international web texts, will it?

• Advertisement

Using this won't allow free international web texts, will it?

On O2 it will and I think vodafone supports international texts now. Meteor and 3 don't offer international texts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

On O2 it will and I think vodafone supports international texts now. Meteor and 3 don't offer international texts

Oh really?when did voda start international texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

flodis79 wrote: »
    Oh really?when did voda start international texts?

It still says 'Must be an Irish number' on the webtext page. Would be sweet if they did do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What you smoking boy? :) Where's it say this? I thought it was just a suggestion in the new MissionRed.ie thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Been getting "could not connect to network site" error for last couple of days.
    Been using it donkeys and no problems.
    Only thing I did was upgrade cabbage about 3 months ago when I got a Tocco. It's worked fine till the other day.
    using powermyphone server!

anyone know what could be up?

Thanks.

Oh yeah.... Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

meteor webtext are offline till Tuesday

brendanuk wrote: »
    meteor webtext are offline till Tuesday

aaahhhhh...
    Thankyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

So Cabbage is a phone app that lets you send webtexts yes?

Does this work with 3's new webtext feature on their site?

Will it work on an n97? or INQ1?

Is it easy to set up? (i'm a technophobe so be gentle lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

hehe , a technophobe with an n97?

Anyone know if there's a Cabbage-esque type application to retrieve mail without costing lots of dosh?

I've a Tocco without any email setup on it but would like to get email. I don't have or want a data add-on.
    I'm with Meteor.

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Using the built in email client and only downloading the headers over imap shouldn't be too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you having problems with it?

Yes it is. On the desktop version type your message and then click the "Group" button. You can then select names from your phone book. And if you click more->groups, you can pre-define groups so that you can just tick the group instead of each name in the group

On the mobile version, type your message and then press options->send to many, then you can type a number to send it to, add a number from the Cabbage phone book or add a number from your phone's contacts (depending on your phone model, some don't allow it. The option on a nokia says "Add from contacts")

Sorry that was a typo now fixed and was on again to find out why not working again and see Meteor is down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

squared wrote: »
    Over on the meteor forum they have posted a link to a survey that they are carrying out. I think everyone should fill it out and tell them that they want want to be able to send long texts from the site.

Link to Survey

It never gave me the option !!!

vodkasoda wrote: »
    It never gave me the option !!!
    They have a section where you can say what you've seen on other sites that you liked or something to that effect. I can't remember exactly and it won't allow me fill it out again

Closes tomorrow btw.

Yes :)

Just type this address into your phone's browser

http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.6.2

Then when you install it you enter your phone number, password and network and away you go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi Sam, is your programme on a bank holiday today :D
    doesnt seem to be working since yesterday, just keep getting "could not connect to the network site" messege

thanks.
    phone is Nokia E51.
    network is Meteor Pay As You Go.

The meteor website is down until tomorrow at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

If you desperately need to contact people on Meteor numbers, use 353<number>@mms.mymeteor.ie and send them a plaintext email which will arrive as an MMS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks Sam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

To use this on your mobile you have to use the phones internet connection, am I reading that right?

I'm on PAYG so that would cost more to use...no?

To use this on your mobile you have to use the phones internet connection, am I reading that right?

Yes
    I'm on PAYG so that would cost more to use...no?
    No, it should only cost between 0.5c and 2c depending on what network you are with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I've had cabbage for a while now on my desktop and find it great, just downloaded it now to my nokia 6300. having a bit of seconds thoughts now cause my phone browser (02) is fairly unreliable and I don't have the patience for it.

Any way I could uninstall it now, I connected it to my computer and searched around but can't seem to get to get access to programes as such, only folders. :)

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I've had cabbage for a while now on my desktop and find it great, just downloaded it now to my nokia 6300. having a bit of seconds thoughts now cause my phone browser (02) is fairly unreliable and I don't have the patience for it.
    There site is meant to be much improved the last few month due to a site upgrade.
    Any way I could uninstall it now, I connected it to my computer and searched around but can't seem to get to get access to programes as such, only folders. :)

Its different on every phone but i would imagine just try find an applications folder on your phone and it should be in there. Then its just a case of clicking options and delete.

You don't connect it to your computer to uninstall it, just look for the games or applications folder on the phone

But really it's doing no harm sitting there so unless you're running out of space on the phone or something you could just leave it there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does anyone know how much sending a message while roaming would cost? I know it depends on multiple different factors but I'm just looking for a guesstimation.

Advertisement