Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Usually no more than at home, 2c. It can go up to 4c if there's latency and retries etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Usually no more than at home, 2c. It can go up to 4c if there's latency and retries etc

Sweet! Gonna start using this now that three have finally given us webtexts. Fair play to you for making it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

squared wrote: »
    Yes

No, it should only cost between 0.5c and 2c depending on what network you are with.

I'm on meteor.
    But I used the internet on my phone before and it anhilated my credit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm on meteor.
    But I used the internet on my phone before and it anhilated my credit.

This application sends a very small amount of data. Loading a single webpage would use a lot of data in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Your app has got a mention over on the meteor forums. I'm sure they already knew about it but I hope that wasn't a bad move. Really hope they don't block it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

You don't connect it to your computer to uninstall it, just look for the games or applications folder on the phone

But really it's doing no harm sitting there so unless you're running out of space on the phone or something you could just leave it there

found it in my appl folder:D ok i'll give it a second chance, now don't :D but how do
    I access it to use it, i wasn't able to bookmark it in my web folder, so do I have to
    go the the appl folder everytime;)

danjo-xx wrote: »
    found it in my appl folder:D ok i'll give it a second chance, now don't :D but how do
    I access it to use it, i wasn't able to bookmark it in my web folder, so do I have to
    go the the appl folder everytime;)

If you press go to (the left button when on the main screen), then options->organise->application list you should be able to add cabbage to the list

You can then move it to the top of the list so you just have to press go to->cabbage to open it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

jarvis wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a Cabbage-esque type application to retrieve mail without costing lots of dosh?

I've a Tocco without any email setup on it but would like to get email. I don't have or want a data add-on.
    I'm with Meteor.

Thanks

Hi,

Point your phone's browser to Mail2Pda.com

I use the Opera Mini browser on my phone but whatever browser your phone has should do fine. I access my O2 mail that way.

The only thing that bugs me is that O2 charge 98cent even if I only use 27kb or whatever for the day.

Nic

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Your app has got a mention over on the meteor forums. I'm sure they already knew about it but I hope that wasn't a bad move. Really hope they don't block it.

Meteor deleted that thread (but google still has it see attached image ;). Tut tut Meteor we don't want you to turn into Vodafone. Wonder if they'll edit my post (at the end) http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=81

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Meteor deleted that thread (but google still has it see attached image ;). Tut tut Meteor we don't want you to turn into Vodafone. Wonder if they'll edit my post (at the end) http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=81

I was wondering what reply they would give to that post!:pac: Not really suprised they deleted it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey Sam,
    Any chance you could explain the whole Mobile, Mobile (w), Mobile (h) malarky?

My old phone was a SE K800i, everything was perfect, all worked in harmony between MyPhoneExplorer, Cabbage and the phone itself.

I just upgraded to a SE G900, I copied contacts from MyPhoneExplorer to the G900, but they appeared on the G900 menu with (w) beside the number, yet, when I save a new number, it has no (w) beside it, but is still uploaded to the (w) column in MyPhoneExplorer and when I export a CSV file to import to cabbage, what was previously selected as mobile now has no number in it, so I've to change it to Mobile (w) to import from and that does it fine. Why have they gone and complicated things :(

I emailed MyPhoneExplorer creater about this and he said the following (the full mail is pasted below): "The reason of this behavior is simple to explain. If the phone sends the data to MyPhoneExplorer there is no diffrence between "Mobile (W)" and "Mobile". This makes it impossible to display them as seperate fields."

I'm not too sure what he means and what way the sync works. By the way, when I save a number on my phone there is a menu of what to save it under "mobile, home, mobile (w), mobile (h)" etc, and I choose mobile and not mobile (w) so I'm puzzled why it shows up under the Mobile (w) column and why my old numbers turned into Mobile (w) :confused:
    Hi Cormac

I fixed the sorting for csv-Lines. It uses now the selected sortorder of the list. You can download the current beta here: http://www.fjsoft.at/files/MyPhoneExplorer_DebugUpdate.exe

Cause the Mobile-Fields: The reason of this behavior is simple to explain. If the phone sends the data to MyPhoneExplorer there is no diffrence between "Mobile (W)" and "Mobile". This makes it impossible to display them as seperate fields.

Best regards FJ

Original-Nachricht

> > Hi there,
    > > Sorry for the email and not registering on the forum, but I would only
    > > just like to report two errors in an otherwise great program :)
    > >
    > > I was using an older version of myphoneexplorer with my SE K800i and had
    > > to update to the latest version just a few days ago as I bought a SE
    > > G900. I use my phone for business and I used to always export my contact
    > > list to CSV file once it was updated and put it in a VAT spreadsheet for
    > > customer lists. With the K800i, if I added a new contact, and pressed
    > > the sync button, the new contact would appear in alphabetical order in
    > > myphoneexplorer, but once I exported the list, the new contact would be
    > > at the bottom of the list. The way to solve this was to use the
    > > "download from phone" button instead of the sync button and my contact
    > > list would be alphabetical both in myphoneexplorer and once I exported
    > > it to a CSV file.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, with the SEG900, I can't get it to export the list
    > > alphabetically. I've tried syncing, downloading from phone and
    > > everything else but the exported list still has the newest entries at
    > > the bottom of the list and not alphabetical. I'm guessing it's ordering
    > > them in the date they were entered rather than alphabetically. Hopefully
    > > this is a simple bug to fix?
    > >
    > > Another issue is with the listing of the mobile number, on the SE K800,
    > > there was simply "Mobile". As I use my phone for business, I have each
    > > contacts seperate number under a new contact space, so for example,
    > > customer VTA0482, may have two entries; VTA0482 Anna Mobile, and then
    > > VTA0482 Anna Home. I would have both of these numbers under the "mobile"
    > > field of a separate entry instead of having one entry with numbers under
    > > "home" and "mobile" field. It's just easier for organisation and
    > > accounts :) Anyway, with the G900 and the new myphoneexplorere, on the
    > > G900, there are three options, Mobile, Mobile (H) and Mobile (W). All
    > > contacts imported to phone are coming up under Mobile (W), but when I
    > > have added a new contact on the phone itself, it saves under just
    > > "Mobile". Unfortunately, in Myphoneexplorer there are only 2 fields,
    > > "Mobile (H)" and "Mobile (W)", there is no "Mobile" field. I think the
    > > number still comes up, but again, for spreadsheet and organisation
    > > purposes this is a conflict and would be best to be able to have
    > > everything simply under "Mobile" as was the case with the K800i.
    > >
    > > Myphoneexplorer is an excellent program and I'd like to thank you very
    > > much for your efforts, I based buying my new phone around compatibility
    > > with Myphoneexplorer because syncing with rainlendar and the export to
    > > CSV function just make my work so much easier. I'm not sure how easy the
    > > above would be to implement but if you could please let me know if this
    > > is likely to be fixed and implemented soon that would be great :)
    > >

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Is anyone getting a problem sending texts from Meteor - Im getting an error message "unexpected response format" when I try and send a text from my phone:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The message sends anyway.

Thanks Jonathan - I just worked it out after sending the same message 3 times to a friend of mine!! do you think its a result of upgrade on the Meteor site? Kilsmum:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Since the O2 site's downtime during the nite, I keep getting Unexpected Response Format when I send a text through Cabbage, sometimes the message sends, other times I'm not so sure. Anyone else having this problem this morning?

Cupthehand - I got the same message using Meteor last night - tried 02 there got the same response but the text did send (sent it back to myself) - only problem is its doesnt giving you your remaining balance and your not sure if the text is actually gone or not:(:(:(

There appears to be an issue with my website. I've raised a support ticket about it so hopefully it'll be fixed soon
    cormie wrote: »
    Hey Sam,
    Any chance you could explain the whole Mobile, Mobile (w), Mobile (h) malarky?

My old phone was a SE K800i, everything was perfect, all worked in harmony between MyPhoneExplorer, Cabbage and the phone itself.

I just upgraded to a SE G900, I copied contacts from MyPhoneExplorer to the G900, but they appeared on the G900 menu with (w) beside the number, yet, when I save a new number, it has no (w) beside it, but is still uploaded to the (w) column in MyPhoneExplorer and when I export a CSV file to import to cabbage, what was previously selected as mobile now has no number in it, so I've to change it to Mobile (w) to import from and that does it fine. Why have they gone and complicated things :(

I emailed MyPhoneExplorer creater about this and he said the following (the full mail is pasted below): "The reason of this behavior is simple to explain. If the phone sends the data to MyPhoneExplorer there is no diffrence between "Mobile (W)" and "Mobile". This makes it impossible to display them as seperate fields."

I'm not too sure what he means and what way the sync works. By the way, when I save a number on my phone there is a menu of what to save it under "mobile, home, mobile (w), mobile (h)" etc, and I choose mobile and not mobile (w) so I'm puzzled why it shows up under the Mobile (w) column and why my old numbers turned into Mobile (w) :confused:

The W and H stand for work and home. CSV files don't really follow a definite standard which is why I designed the importer to be able to pick any column to import. They're not actually doing anything wrong by putting the numbers in the work number column I'm afraid. It is working ok once you select the right column isn't it?

There appears to be an issue with my website. I've raised a support ticket about it so hopefully it'll be fixed soon

It should be fixed now

Thanks Sam - its up and working again! Where would we be without our trusty cabbage???!!! Kilmum:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The W and H stand for work and home. CSV files don't really follow a definite standard which is why I designed the importer to be able to pick any column to import. They're not actually doing anything wrong by putting the numbers in the work number column I'm afraid. It is working ok once you select the right column isn't it?

Yeah Cabbage deals with it no problem, Cabbage just deals with what MPE and my G900 do. The problem is with my g900 and MPE communicating that all the numbers are marked as (w) except for the ones I save on the phone itself which have no mark beside them, but saved under "mobile", but then when I sync with MPE, they come up under the (w) column and there are no numbers at all in the "mobile" column when exported.:o

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Yeah Cabbage deals with it no problem, Cabbage just deals with what MPE and my G900 do. The problem is with my g900 and MPE communicating that all the numbers are marked as (w) except for the ones I save on the phone itself which have no mark beside them, but saved under "mobile", but then when I sync with MPE, they come up under the (w) column and there are no numbers at all in the "mobile" column when exported.:o

Very odd but if that's the way they want to do it I'm afraid we'll all just have to live with it :(

Hi Sam, sorry to be such a pain - Im getting the error message "unexpected response format" again when I try and send a text from Meteor and O2 from Cabbage - I was getting this error earlier and you sorted it out - the texts however were being delivered - tried it twice from 02 as a test to another no. I have and the texts are not coming in at all:(:(:( Any ideas? Thanks Kilsmum:o

kilsmum wrote: »
    Hi Sam, sorry to be such a pain - Im getting the error message "unexpected response format" again when I try and send a text from Meteor and O2 from Cabbage - I was getting this error earlier and you sorted it out - the texts however were being delivered - tried it twice from 02 as a test to another no. I have and the texts are not coming in at all:(:(:( Any ideas? Thanks Kilsmum:o

Don't worry about it, if no one reports these things they won't get fixed :)

It should be working now

Thanks Sam - I appreciate it - Kilsmum:D:D:D:D

kilsmum wrote: »
    Thanks Sam - I appreciate it - Kilsmum:D:D:D:D

No prob :)

And don't hesitate to let me know any time it's not working for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Great work sam - strange cabbage was working from my phone but not my desktop earlier now seems to be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Hi all,
    Sorry to bother, can I post on this thread something about a possible bug I found in Cabbage Mobile application? Thanks. :)

daigo75 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Sorry to bother, can I post on this thread something about a possible bug I found in Cabbage Mobile application? Thanks. :)
    This is the place to do such thing yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

This is the place to do such thing yes!

Ok. I used the feedback form on the site, but it suggested to post here as well, so here I am. :)

I think I spotted a bug in the application. Whenever I use a colon in the message, it cannot be sent and I get the error "Could not connect to server". I made many tests and the colon seems to be definitely the culprit, as the message can be sent as soon as I remove it.

For example:
    "Hello, how are you? :)" --> This message will NOT be sent
    "Hello, how are you?" --> This message will be sent

My mobile is a Nokia 6300. Does anybody have the same issue?

• Advertisement

daigo75 wrote: »
    Ok. I used the feedback form on the site, but it suggested to post here as well, so here I am. :)

I think I spotted a bug in the application. Whenever I use a colon in the message, it cannot be sent and I get the error "Could not connect to server". I made many tests and the colon seems to be definitely the culprit, as the message can be sent as soon as I remove it.

For example:
    "Hello, how are you? :)" --> This message will NOT be sent
    "Hello, how are you?" --> This message will be sent

My mobile is a Nokia 6300. Does anybody have the same issue?

That's not happening to me using a vodafone login on my N95. I sent exactly "Hello, how are you? :)"

Can anyone confirm this problem on a Vodafone 6300?

Advertisement