Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

daigo75 wrote: »
    Ok. I used the feedback form on the site, but it suggested to post here as well, so here I am. :)

I think I spotted a bug in the application. Whenever I use a colon in the message, it cannot be sent and I get the error "Could not connect to server". I made many tests and the colon seems to be definitely the culprit, as the message can be sent as soon as I remove it.

For example:
    "Hello, how are you? :)" --> This message will NOT be sent
    "Hello, how are you?" --> This message will be sent

My mobile is a Nokia 6300. Does anybody have the same issue?

Just tried it there and it failed the first time but sent on a second attempt. While my internent connection was still open. Closed cabbage and reopened, went to send same message again and got invalid login details. Thats a weird one. Possibly just the meteor site acting up for me. Have you downloaded the latest version?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

squared wrote: »
    Just tried it there and it failed the first time but sent on a second attempt. While my internent connection was still open. Closed cabbage and reopened, went to send same message again and got invalid login details. Thats a weird one. Possibly just the meteor site acting up for me. What network are you on? Have you downloaded the latest version?

At least I found somebody else with a similar issue. I'm on vodafone and I have the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Just tried it there and it failed the first time but sent on a second attempt. While my internent connection was still open. Closed cabbage and reopened, went to send same message again and got invalid login details. Thats a weird one. Possibly just the meteor site acting up for me. What network are you on? Have you downloaded the latest version?

The meteor website is acting up since they upgraded it so that was probably the problem there. He's on vodafone anyway

It's working on the nokia emulator too. I'll try it on a 6300 when I get home

Try following these instructions and see if it makes a difference

settings->configuration->personal configuration->add->access point

Account name: vodafone isp
    Go into access point settings

Data bearer: gprs (or packet data)
    Go into bearer settings
    Access point: isp.vodafone.ie
    Authentication type: Normal
    Username:vodafone
    Password:vodafone

settings->configuration->personal configuration
    Highlight vodafone isp and press options->activate

settings->configuration->default configuration
    highlight vodafone isp and press options->set default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Try following these instructions and see if it makes a difference

settings->configuration->personal configuration->add->access point

Account name: vodafone isp
    Go into access point settings

Data bearer: gprs (or packet data)
    Go into bearer settings
    Access point: isp.vodafone.ie
    Authentication type: Normal
    Username:vodafone
    Password:vodafone

settings->configuration->personal configuration
    Highlight vodafone isp and press options->activate

settings->configuration->default configuration
    highlight vodafone isp and press options->set default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

This is exactly the configuration I have. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Very odd but if that's the way they want to do it I'm afraid we'll all just have to live with it :(

Ah well, at least cabbage works properly :D

This is exactly the configuration I have. :)

Could you try this new version? Type the address http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.7 into your phone

If you want to do it via a pc download these two files:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.7.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.7.jad

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Could you try this new version? Type the address http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.7 into your phone

Does the new version bring any new Feature? i don't have any problem with the version i have but will upgrade if any new feature.
    Thanks

It works, many thanks! :)
    As a developer I'm curious, what was the bug?

• Advertisement

sbhatia wrote: »
    Does the new version bring any new Feature? i don't have any problem with the version i have but will upgrade if any new feature.
    Thanks

Yes it does, sending profiles. There's a new screen where you fill in criteria for which login to use for particular numbers. It has a screen that says:
    If the destination number:
    • Starts with (you pick one of these options)
    • Contains
    • Ends with

This text:
    ______________ (that's a text box)

Use login:
    • meteor login (whatever your logins are called)
    • O2 login
    • voda login

Profile name:

It was a request from flodis79 who wants to have Irish numbers use one login and foreign numbers use another without having to manually change it. A lot of people wouldn't bother with it and it's not for the faint of heart either because you have to be careful about what you're matching but it's there if you want it :)
    It works, many thanks! :)
    As a developer I'm curious, what was the bug?

My URLencode function wasn't working properly so the unconverted : was making it fail. I googled for a J2ME URLencode function and found this working one:
    	public static String URLencode(String s)
    	{
    		if (s!=null) {
    			StringBuffer tmp = new StringBuffer();
    			int i=0;
    			try {
    				while (true) {
    					int b = (int)s.charAt(i++);
    					if ((b>=0x30 && b<=0x39) || (b>=0x41 && b<=0x5A) || (b>=0x61 && b<=0x7A)) {
    						tmp.append((char)b);
    					}
    					else {
    						tmp.append("%");
    						if (b <= 0xf) tmp.append("0");
    						tmp.append(Integer.toHexString(b));
    					}
    				}
    			}
    			catch (Exception e) {}
    			return tmp.toString();
    		}
    		return null;
    	}

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Feature suggestion for you Sam, have selectable servers similar to the way the accounts work, that way you don't have to put the entire URL in if you want to change servers quickly and you won't have to remember them. Maybe have more than one default server?

Sure why not

I'm not sure what you mean by more than one default server though

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Sure why not

I'm not sure what you mean by more than one default server though

I mean having more than one pre-loaded server. It would make things easier if there was an outage with cabbagetexter.com etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Getting Error: (-1) Invalid login details with Meteor. Maybe something to do with the captcha entry I just saw on their website. Haven't changed my password on either meteor.ie or in cabbage.

Edit - just tried it a third time, and it worked. Not sure if it was related to me removing ":)" from the body of my message. This is the PC version, not j2me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Meteor site has been acting the bollix all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Adro947 wrote: »
    I mean having more than one pre-loaded server. It would make things easier if there was an outage with cabbagetexter.com etc.
    Ah now I'm with you. Other than Random's powermyphone server I'm not sure of any other servers that have working up to date copies

If anyone has a server running the scripts that they're willing to share post it here and I'll add it. Ta :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

i could give you a ftp login to the /cabbage dir and you could update the server scripts yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi Sam. Another feature suggestion for you, have many contacts in my list, and after choosing who the text is heading to, need to UP all the way to the number field before the SEND option arrives. Could you make SEND appear once a contact has been chosen..?

• Advertisement

Jonathan wrote: »
    i could give you a ftp login to the /cabbage dir and you could update the server scripts yourself?

Sure why not :)
    CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Hi Sam. Another feature suggestion for you, have many contacts in my list, and after choosing who the text is heading to, need to UP all the way to the number field before the SEND option arrives. Could you make SEND appear once a contact has been chosen..?

You should be able to press the enter key to see the send option rather than the options key no?

Ooops :) Select the recipient, choose Options, can then select Send.

Just a small feature suggestion here. Can you add an option in the mobile version of this app to check how many messages you have left. At the moment you have to send a text to find out.

Just a small feature suggestion here. Can you add an option in the mobile version of this app to check how many messages you have left. At the moment you have to send a text to find out.

Sure :)

Hi Sam. Maybe my phone (Nokia 6233), am using v1.7 and the Message Numbers option doesn't appear when enabled. Don't remember if it worked using an earlier version, but can easily work out qty of texts by deducting from 800 anyway :)

I think you might be misunderstanding the purpose of that option. Nothing shows up in the program but the messages arrive on the recipient's phone numbered.

Hey Sam,
    Ever thought of setting up something like this? Just an idea as this app is getting ever more popular and so is this thread!

Hey Sam,
    Ever thought of setting up something like this? Just an idea as this app is getting ever more popular and so is this thread!
    A phpbb forum?

Jonathan wrote: »
    A phpbb forum?
    If thats what they call it,yes. Imo it would be alot handier for users to find info etc if it was sorted out in a nice little forum. Might not be so many repeat questions also.

• Advertisement

Hey Sam,

Never really considered it tbh. Sure I'll look into it :)

Advertisement