Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Never really considered it tbh. Sure I'll look into it :)
    Might just be easier to get your own hosted forum if it is that important :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Jonathan wrote: »
    Might just be easier to get your own hosted forum if it is that important :)

Hmmmmmmmmm, now that's an idea :)

How does one go about that, Mr hosted moderator?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Actually, would a hosted forum or sub-forum to Mobiles & PDAs for homebrew mobile apps in general be a good idea?

There's certainly been loads of different apps pop up in here over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Cabbage Mobile suggestion:

For the sending profile, could yoy make the true/false value there visible on the main sending profile page in the bullet point list? sth like t/f in the far right on the line displaying the profile name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Actually, would a hosted forum or sub-forum to Mobiles & PDAs for homebrew mobile apps in general be a good idea?

There's certainly been loads of different apps pop up in here over the last few years.

You should request it here. I like both ideas :)

----

Sam - any plans to add a "Check for updates" feature to Cabbage Mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Random wrote: »
    You should request it here. I like both ideas :)
    Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Possiblity of a spell-check option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Cabbage is getting more and more bloated daily ... what about a Cabbage Lite? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Cabbage is getting more and more bloated daily ... what about a Cabbage Lite? :)

:D Does it save sent messages, that wud be handy. So I can apologise the next day. :o

• Advertisement

It does. More > Extras > Sent Messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Excellent little program :)

Baza210 wrote: »
    Possiblity of a spell-check option?

I'll look into it :)

Cabbage is already very low in fat :pac:
    It does. More > Extras > Sent Messages.

You can go to more->History now too where you can forward messages and search the history too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll look into it :)

Cabbage is already very low in fat :pac:

You can go to more->History now too where you can forward messages and search the history too

That was one of the things I didn't like about cabbage. It didn't save sent messages, guess I was wrong. :) How many sent messages does it hold or is there a limit?

Is there any possibility that could you allow Extras>History to be open while using the main app window? Currently Extras prevents the other window from being used while open.

That was one of the things I didn't like about cabbage. It didn't save sent messages, guess I was wrong. :) How many sent messages does it hold or is there a limit?

There's no limit. It just writes them to a text file
    Is there any possibility that could you allow Extras>History to be open while using the main app window? Currently Extras prevents the other window from being used while open.

There are technical problems with doing that. Why do you want to do that?

To consult previous messages while composing a message to a third party, for example. Not urgently necessary (hi, short term memory!) but could come in handy.

To consult previous messages while composing a message to a third party, for example. Not urgently necessary (hi, short term memory!) but could come in handy.
    Done :)

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.8.exe

I'm not sure of the impact of leaving the main form enabled so I've set it so that it's only enabled while history is highlighted

I've set it so that it's only enabled while history is highlighted

Just what I was going to suggest :pac:

You're too good to us Sam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Done :)

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.8.exe

I'm not sure of the impact of leaving the main form enabled so I've set it so that it's only enabled while history is highlighted
    I'm just getting a notepad document when i open my history. Thats not right is it?!

• Advertisement

squared wrote: »
    I'm just getting a notepad document when i open my history. Thats not right is it?!

No it's not. Is your history being shown when you click the history menu item?

What's in the file %appdata%\cabbage\history.txt ?

edit: if you click more->configuration, is "store message history" ticked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

No it's not. Is your history being shown when you click the history menu item?

What's in the file %appdata%\cabbage\history.txt ?

edit: if you click more->configuration, is "store message history" ticked?

My bad! History is working fine. I was going into extras and looking for it that way without realising the seperate history menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

I also think it would be good to have a sub forum or independent forum for cabbage.
    It would certainty help new users to have a few FAQ's and save Sam a bit of time! ;)
    Other pinned threads/boards/stuff could be beta versions, suggested features, technical help, and maybe a paypal link or some adverts to give something back to the ever generous Mr Vimes. (that yacht doesn't look after its self):D

Strange bugs in .8, went back to .7. Forget my suggestions Sam :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Sam said:

ooh that is excellento :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Nice program, I only started using it myself now.

One question though, what advantage does capitalising the first letter of every word do for compression?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

The guy wrote: »
    Nice program, I only started using it myself now.

One question though, what advantage does capitalising the first letter of every word do for compression?
    It also takes away the spaces so with the capital letters you'll be able to pick one word apart from another, as opposed to just having a big long line of letters.
    For example, Isn'tItEasierToReadThis, thanthis?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

been using cabbage for a while now, and it must be the most used program on my PC, and its always minimised on my phone, ready for use. Ive even gotten most of my friends to use it, and promoting it on other forums im on!

excellent work Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Hey having trouble with the n97 with o2 when i go to send the message. 'login phone number is blank....error2 null' . But the login number on my account is correct any ideas? Anyone got this working with n97 on o2?
    Edit: its ok works with the 1.7 version :) cheers

• Advertisement

nutterguy wrote: »
    I also think it would be good to have a sub forum or independent forum for cabbage.
    It would certainty help new users to have a few FAQ's and save Sam a bit of time! ;)
    Other pinned threads/boards/stuff could be beta versions, suggested features, technical help
    It looks like it's going to be a separate mobile apps forum but that's almost as good :)
    nutterguy wrote: »
    and maybe a paypal link or some adverts to give something back to the ever generous Mr Vimes. (that yacht doesn't look after its self):D

There's a paypal link on my website and in the program :)
    Strange bugs in .8, went back to .7. Forget my suggestions Sam :P

What was happening?

Advertisement