Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Cabbages.jpg

thats bok choi

anyway I can send you a screen shot of what I mean if you dont understand what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cinneide

I love this program, and sing it's praises to everyone who I think will find it useful - thanks a lot!

If there's anything that I don't like, it's the icon: I've downloaded something a little more what I like from this site.

I do have a small problem now though: I've just re-installed Windows on my computer and now Cabbage doesn't want to work with my 3 account anymore - perpetual (-2) could not connect to network errors. Have looked through the thread, which is now way too massive to do so efficiently, but can't find a solution: any ideas?

And thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cinneide wrote: »
    I love this program, and sing it's praises to everyone who I think will find it useful - thanks a lot!

If there's anything that I don't like, it's the icon: I've downloaded something a little more what I like from this site.

I do have a small problem now though: I've just re-installed Windows on my computer and now Cabbage doesn't want to work with my 3 account anymore - perpetual (-2) could not connect to network errors. Have looked through the thread, which is now way too massive to do so efficiently, but can't find a solution: any ideas?

And thanks again!

3 logins only work if you have "Send messages via intermediate server" ticked so click more->configuration and make sure it is.

Assuming you have your login details correct and ticking that doesn't work can you send the file "%appdata/cabbage/log.txt" to cabbagetexting [at] gmail.com?

Is anyone on 3 having problems with cabbage mobile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

I'm with O2 Sam, and noticed something up last night. Same today, send a text, but the screen stalls at the Sending part.

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    I'm with O2 Sam, and noticed something up last night. Same today, send a text, but the screen stalls at the Sending part.

I'm trying to log into the o2 website and so far I've been waiting a minute and a half so I think the problem's at their end

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »

Yep, it's down.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055667571

I always get blamed for O2's crappiness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

great program!

silverwex wrote: »
    great program!

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Used it a few hours ago with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I normally use but also have a 3 number - set it up on cabbage but it doesnt work = "error -2, could not connect to network site"

By the way, not sure if it is just the most recent version, but the password is always showing as 4 stars - is that just a security measure or does it mean it is not storing the correct password?

Thanks.

edit - actually, funny thing is my O2 setup on desktop cabbage shows enough stars to equal my password but if I set up any new one it shows 4 stars...including if I do O2 again - but it works though for O2 anyway. So 3 is the only one not working..

final edit - the error message for 3 comes up so quick it looks like it isin't going anywhere near 3 at all - i.e. the error is nearly immediate after hitting send.

I normally use but also have a 3 number - set it up on cabbage but it doesnt work = "error -2, could not connect to network site"

By the way, not sure if it is just the most recent version, but the password is always showing as 4 stars - is that just a security measure or does it mean it is not storing the correct password?

Thanks.

edit - actually, funny thing is my O2 setup on desktop cabbage shows enough stars to equal my password but if I set up any new one it shows 4 stars...

It should show the proper number of stars. Are you ticking "Remember password" when creating the new login?

hmm, the password retention seems to be shaky then - I've tried setting up O2 a few times and some times, even after clicking save password, it asks for it when i start cabbage again..

deffo no go with 3 at all - and 4 stars every time. also, 4 stars intermittantly with o2.

thanks!

Actually, last time I set up a new login, when i restarted my normal O2 login it looked for a password - and I never deleted the password on that setup ever..!

(Of course, this could be me being totally stupid so apologies in advance Sam if it is just me screwing up!)

hmm, the password retention seems to be shaky then - I've tried setting up O2 a few times and some times, even after clicking save password, it asks for it when i start cabbage again..

deffo no go with 3 at all .

thanks!

Actually, last time I set up a new login, when i restarted my normal O2 login it looked for a password - and I never deleted the password on that setup ever..!

Are you using vista? A few people have reported an issue like this. Could you run the program in admin mode once and create the new login, then run it in normal mode again and see if it makes a difference?

deffo no go with 3 at all - and 4 stars every time. also, 4 stars intermittantly with o2.

Can you install this new version and see if it makes a difference with the 3 login:

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.95.9.exe

and click more->configuration and make sure that "Send messages via intermediate server" is ticked and click more->Manage servers and make sure that the server http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php is selected

Are you using vista? A few people have reported an issue like this. Could you run the program in admin mode once and create the new login, then run it in normal mode again and see if it makes a difference?

Running XP. I can't find admin mode :o

Edit: installed new version - now working with 3 - once I used the "intermediate server" !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Any idea how to get cabbage on the SE K800i to use the phones contacts? I cant really use it if I have to keep typing the numbers of everyone I want to send a text to! Great program though.

Running XP. I can't find admin mode :o

Edit: installed new version - now working with 3 - once I used the "intermediate server" !
    So is everything working now or are you still having some problems?
    Elessar wrote: »
    Any idea how to get cabbage on the SE K800i to use the phones contacts? I cant really use it if I have to keep typing the numbers of everyone I want to send a text to! Great program though.

when you click into the destination number text box as if you're about to type a number and press 'more', you should see the option "Look up". Is it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

when you click into the destination number text box as if you're about to type a number and press 'more', you should see the option "Look up". Is it there?

Ah good man! I wasn't clicking into it first, just pressing "More"! Maybe you could edit that for the next version if there is one? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote: »
    Ah good man! I wasn't clicking into it first, just pressing "More"! Maybe you could edit that for the next version if there is one? Thanks!

I can't I'm afraid. That option is built into the Java environment, I don't control it. All I do is give the text box the property TextField.PHONENUMBER and it handles the rest

So is everything working now or are you still having some problems?

everything fine now! :D

I also have cabbage on a netbook using a 3 broadband dongle and could never get cabbage to work though - must look into that now!

Thanks for your help, as always a great program.

(BTW, used it in New York for O2 on my N95 and all messages were completely free using GPRS. Not a cent. :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Excellent thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Hi again,
    I have another issue with this otherwise great application: I can't make it work properly on a Samsung S5230 (Tocco Lite). It's configured properly, but I have two issues:
    1- I can't look up phone numbers. When I "click" on the field, it open the window to edit it (S5230 doesn't have a keyboard). In normal phones, one can type straight in the field and click on the empty field opens the contact list, but this can't be done on a Tocco. Is there any other way to look up contacts? I tried to look into the menus, without success.
    2- Even if I input the phone number manually, when I try to send the text the application connects through GPRS, then, after about 10 seconds, I get the message "Could not connect to server". Other applications work normally through GPRS, so I think it's an issue with this model.

I understand that these issues will take longer to be fixed as the specific phone is needed, but I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks. :)

daigo75 wrote: »
    Hi again,
    I have another issue with this otherwise great application: I can't make it work properly on a Samsung S5230 (Tocco Lite). It's configured properly, but I have two issues:
    1- I can't look up phone numbers. When I "click" on the field, it open the window to edit it (S5230 doesn't have a keyboard). In normal phones, one can type straight in the field and click on the empty field opens the contact list, but this can't be done on a Tocco. Is there any other way to look up contacts? I tried to look into the menus, without success.
    Some phones don't support that option and if it's not there there's not much I can do about it I'm afraid.
    2- Even if I input the phone number manually, when I try to send the text the application connects through GPRS, then, after about 10 seconds, I get the message "Could not connect to server". Other applications work normally through GPRS, so I think it's an issue with this model.
    Press options->accounts->options->edit server and make sure that this server is entered: http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Does it always fail?

What network are you on and do you have a login from another network that you can try?

Could you download my bus and rail timetable app and see if it works:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Bart1.3.jar

Some phones don't support that option and if it's not there there's not much I can do about it I'm afraid.

That's a pity, it's annoying having to write phone numbers manually... Anyway, I don't blame you :)

About the other issue, I discovered something "funny": I used another SIM that I received with the phone, and I can send texts using Cabbage. I put back my own one, and I get the error. Settings are exactly the same, application is the same and provider (Vodafone) is the same. The "non working SIM" put in the Nokia 6300 works perfectly, kind of strange behavior... Unfortunately I don't have a login from another network.
    Could you download my bus and rail timetable app and see if it works:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Bart1.3.jar
    [/quote]

I got it, it works. :)
    By the way, your BART program gives me a list of times, but it doesn't tell me if they are buses or trains, which could be useful to know :)

Update: tried again with the "apparently non working SIM", and it worked perfectly. So it works sometimes, it doesn't some other times... Mystery!

Update: tried again with the "apparently non working SIM", and it worked perfectly. So it works sometimes, it doesn't some other times... Mystery!

Then it's probably the vodafone website. It's been a bit iffy the past few days
    I got it, it works. :)
    By the way, your BART program gives me a list of times, but it doesn't tell me if they are buses or trains, which could be useful to know :)

When you first load it up, those are train times. To get the bus ones you have to press options->bus times ;)

Then it's probably the vodafone website. It's been a bit iffy the past few days

Ok, I'll see if it get stable in next days. :)
    When you first load it up, those are train times. To get the bus ones you have to press options->bus times ;)

Cool. Now you should describe the route for each bus and the application is complete! :D
    By the way, I got version 1.4, is it ok?

• Advertisement

Cool. Now you should describe the route for each bus and the application is complete! :D
    By the way, I got version 1.4, is it ok?

1.4 is fine

Advertisement