Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Spipov wrote: »
    yup. i logged in with my 086 number and password

Just double check what you entered into cabbage on your phone, that your number and password are correct. the login name doesn't matter, the other thing is that o2 is selected out of the operators list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

sorry no dice.

i tried different combinations of 086 or +35386.

nothing seems to work. what is the server to send thru?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

sorry no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

-posted this on wrong thread initially.

Is it possible for Cabbage to be used on your Vodafone Live connection while on the move and WLAN while at home ? I currently use it on my WLAN connection at home and it's great. I was thinking that maybe it would still work out cheaper than the normal text price if you used the Vodafone access point to connect and send then disconnected while on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Spipov wrote: »
    sorry no dice.

Cabbage is working for O2 so it must be something wrong on the phone.
    1. Press options->acccounts->options->edit server and make sure it's set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php
    2. The username you enter makes no difference
    3. The phone number should be in the format 0861234567
    4. Make sure the password is right, correct capitalisation etc. Are there any non-alphanumeric characters in it, like a percent sign or a dollar sign or something like that?
    5. Make sure O2 is selected
    what happens when you press options->check for updates

You need the latest version to do that. Enter this address from your phone:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/latestmob

it won't work from a computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Im using Desktop cabbage and i've been getting Error 07 Precheck: Network Website Failed this morning, although it is working from the Vodafone website
    Should i just upgrade to a newer version (have v i.93 at the moment), or is this because the Vodafone webtext has been upgraded with many changes?

KatCookie wrote: »
    Im using Desktop cabbage and i've been getting Error 07 Precheck: Network Website Failed this morning, although it is working from the Vodafone website
    Should i just upgrade to a newer version (have v i.93 at the moment), or is this because the Vodafone webtext has been upgraded with many changes?

It's not working for me either. Looks like I'll have to update it to cope with the new vodafone site. Don't bother upgrading for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Not working for me either on two Vodafone accounts.

Error (-8) Precheck: Invalid response

I've released a new one to work with vodafone. Get it here :)

http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

Thanks but now I am getting a different error

Error -7 Precheck: Network Website Failed

Tried it on two accounts. (Vodafone)

• Advertisement

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Thanks but now I am getting a different error

Error -7 Precheck: Network Website Failed

Tried it on two accounts. (Vodafone)

I'm getting a connection refused error when I try to connect to the vodafone website. Looks like its down at the moment.

Looks like its down at the moment.

No surprises there :)

Working fine now. :)
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

Great application.

Over the last few days I get the following error : Error -7 Precheck: Network Website Failed.

I'm with Vodafone and can logon to the website and send texts without issue.

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

Thanks RoadKill, works fine now, should have tried that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Sam will this work with the N97?

Elessar wrote: »
    Sam will this work with the N97?

Yes :)

Go to this address on your phone:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/latestmob

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭millix

This may have been asked before but I can't find it -

I use the Cabbage program with the vodafone website but can't seem to provide a valid time for the scheduling feature.

I always get an error - just now I entered a time for the text as 01/10/2009 14:00:00, to get this message

01/10/2009 14:00:00 is not in the correct format. Correct format:
    DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS ( 24 hour )

I have the latest version of the program, but I've had this problem for several weeks since I started using Cabbage

Any help gratefully received - M

millix wrote: »
    This may have been asked before but I can't find it -

I use the Cabbage program with the vodafone website but can't seem to provide a valid time for the scheduling feature.

I always get an error - just now I entered a time for the text as 01/10/2009 14:00:00, to get this message

01/10/2009 14:00:00 is not in the correct format. Correct format:
    DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS ( 24 hour )

I have the latest version of the program, but I've had this problem for several weeks since I started using Cabbage

Any help gratefully received - M

That's not the full format, not in the new versions anyway. Make sure you have the latest version first.

you have to include the time zone too so if you want it to send at Irish time (taking account for daylight savings time) it should be like this:

01/10/2009 00:00 GMT+1

But the scheduling feature isn't working at the moment anyway because there's a problem with it :D

So even if you get that part right it'll just return saying the request failed. I'll post here when it's fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭millix

Thanks for getting back so quickly. The format required ( with the time zone ) is not consistent with the error message that is returned, so correcting the error message is probably another fix that's needed.

Thanks again for a great program and your support - M

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Error (-8) Precheck: Invalid response
    I got this today too, and updated to last version.
    Works again, thx Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Hi, great app.

I have a meteor phone and use cabbage for meteor webtext and VOIP cheap. Was having trouble, it kept saying invalid login details or something. I upgraded to the latest version and the meteor texts work fine but VOIP cheap still don't work, it says it can't connect to the server. Any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Hi Sam
    Getting a problem with cabbage. I type a message, press "send" and immediately get "cannot connect to the server". It doesn't even seem to try to connect!

Im with Voda, using SMSDiscount, and updated to the latest v of cabbage to no avail.
    Several months ago i switched server to: http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php
    on advice I found on this thread. I changed back to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php today but still no joy! No other settings have been changed since I last successfully used the app!

Any ideas??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 janoleolsen

Some betamax providers are in the list, but I'd like to use justvoip.com or add other betamax providers.

For desktop version there was a text file called betamax, but on my HTC WM6 I cannot find any file, and cannot even find the directory on my mobile where the java cabbage is installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Thanks again for this program sam, saving me a lot.

Is there any way to get delivery reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

stupid noob question buuuuut

if i want to use cabbage is it the gprs settings i put into the phone or a different one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Hey man,

Cheers for the great program. Use it everyday for webtexts.

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    Hi Sam
    Getting a problem with cabbage. I type a message, press "send" and immediately get "cannot connect to the server". It doesn't even seem to try to connect!

Im with Voda, using SMSDiscount, and updated to the latest v of cabbage to no avail.
    Several months ago i switched server to: http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php
    on advice I found on this thread. I changed back to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php today but still no joy! No other settings have been changed since I last successfully used the app!

Any ideas??

Thanks
    I'll look into it. The whole betamax system was always a bit dodgy
    Some betamax providers are in the list, but I'd like to use justvoip.com or add other betamax providers.

For desktop version there was a text file called betamax, but on my HTC WM6 I cannot find any file, and cannot even find the directory on my mobile where the java cabbage is installed?
    There is no such file on the mobile one, I have to add them manually. I'll stick in justvoip when I get a chance
    Elessar wrote: »
    Thanks again for this program sam, saving me a lot.

Is there any way to get delivery reports?

Delivery reports are a feature of the webtext system, not something I can control. O2 offers delivery reports on its website and you can view them from the desktop program but not from the mobile one and not with any of the other networks
    ronano wrote: »
    stupid noob question buuuuut

if i want to use cabbage is it the gprs settings i put into the phone or a different one?

GPRS should be fine but internet (isp) would be more reliable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Getting lots of error 570s this morning Sam, using Voda and updated to the latest mobile version this morning, the texts are getting delivered though???

MC

Advertisement