Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Getting lots of error 570s this morning Sam, using Voda and updated to the latest mobile version this morning, the texts are getting delivered though???

MC

The error code is 570? Not -570 or anything like that?

Is it 570 each time or does it drop by 1 each time?

The program is set so that it reports anything below 0 or above 333 as an error so if you're getting 570 it means that it sent, that you have 570 messages left but that cabbage thinks a return of 570 is an error :D

As long as you're getting a number greater than 0 it means its working

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

It seems vodafone are now allowing 600 international texts per month which means I dont have to use SMS Discount anymore - anyone know the server settings for vodafone offhand?

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    It seems vodafone are now allowing 600 international texts per month which means I dont have to use SMS Discount anymore - anyone know the server settings for vodafone offhand?

I'm not sure what you mean by server settings....

In cabbage mobile, accounts>edit server

• Advertisement

In cabbage mobile, accounts>edit server

Right but any server that works for sms discount will also work for vodafone, it's the same script for both

But as I posted on 3rd Oct, I'm just getting "cannot connect to server" immediately I press "send" - cabbage doesn't even get as far as asking me for permission to access the web! I've switched my network to vodafone but am now getting "invalid login"!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Error:569

Yes it appears to be working, any timeframe for a fix to this?

Without searching this entire thread, does anyone know where I can find step-by-step instructions for setting cabbage mobile up for vodafone?

Error:569

Yes it appears to be working, any timeframe for a fix to this?

Yeah about ten minutes :)

I've just made the change but the vodafone website is now telling me:
    My Vodafone is currently unavailable due to an essential upgrade of the system.

Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    So I won't release it until I'm sure it works.
    But as I posted on 3rd Oct, I'm just getting "cannot connect to server" immediately I press "send" - cabbage doesn't even get as far as asking me for permission to access the web! I've switched my network to vodafone but am now getting "invalid login"!
    Without searching this entire thread, does anyone know where I can find step-by-step instructions for setting cabbage mobile up for vodafone?

If it's not even asking to connect to the internet there's something very odd going on. Could you install and reinstall it? I doubt you're doing anything wrong, all you should have to do is have the server as http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php and have your phone number, password and network set correctly

• Advertisement

To login to vodafone webmail i simply need my phone number (without the international prefix) and my 4-digit password. Cabbage asks for username, phone no and password! what do I need to enter?

To login to vodafone webmail i simply need my phone number (without the international prefix) and my 4-digit password. Cabbage asks for username, phone no and password! what do I need to enter?

The username can be whatever you want. It only matters for sms discount and other betamax accounts

Hi again Sam
    I've got to the stage where cabbage appears to be trying to send the message (at least I'm not getting login-errors and it shows I have 600 messages remaining - so it must be communicating with vodafone!) but I'm now getting "unexpected response (-5)"

Hi again Sam
    I've got to the stage where cabbage appears to be trying to send the message (at least I'm not getting login-errors and it shows I have 600 messages remaining - so it must be communicating with vodafone!) but I'm now getting "unexpected response (-5)"

They're currently upgrading the website so now is probably not the best time to be doing testing. It's working for me for the moment but I don't know how long that will continue. Leave it for a while and if it's still not working tomorrow let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Error (507) unknown error is what i keep getting .........help!!!???

Now I got Error (506)???

Read the last few posts ;)

Vodafone have upgraded their webtexts to 600 but cabbage is designed to report any number over 333 as an error. What it means is that you have 506 messages left and that the message succeeded.

I've updated the program and you can get the update by entering this on your phone's browser:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.72

or by downloading these files to your computer and copying them across:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.72.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.72.jad

Thanks Sam! It's a brilliant little thing to have in my life and when it goes Funny, I feel Funny!!

Tell me, does anyone know if Vodafone a allowing international txt's yet, I got a txt last week saying there are from Vodafone?

Thanks Sam! It's a brilliant little thing to have in my life and when it goes Funny, I feel Funny!!

Tell me, does anyone know if Vodafone a allowing international txt's yet, I got a txt last week saying there are from Vodafone?
    The changing to 600 texts is part of it so yes you'll be able to do it shortly. you probably can now but not with cabbage for technical reasons I won't go into. I'll have to make a quick change to allow it

Actually having gone back and looked at the thing that I thought would stop international texts working it shouldn't so give it a shot and see if it works

• Advertisement

Thanks, should i try used a + before the no or the 00 international code?

Thanks, should i try used a + before the no or the 00 international code?

I have no idea, I don't know how they've set their system up. both will probably work

edit:looks like it:
    International webtexts

You can now send webtexts to friends and family all over the world.

To send a webtext to someone in another country, simply enter the same number you’d use to call them from Ireland. For example to send a text to a UK number, enter 00447791234567 or +447791234567. For texts to Irish numbers, just use the usual format: 0871234567.

You can also save international numbers in your Contacts list.

Tip: Don’t forget that for most countries you have to remove the 0 after the international dialling code, for example people calling Irish mobiles use +353871234123 instead of +3530871234123.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I get Cannot connect to network site with Voda. Should I charge sending server?

flodis79 wrote: »
    I get Cannot connect to network site with Voda. Should I charge sending server?

It should be http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

If it's not working give it a while, the site's been up and down today. It's still working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

600 texts and International too! Jaysus this is great craic altogether! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get errors like
    560 Unknown error
    556 Unknown error
    553 Unknown error

it still sends the message. Using version 1.96

61666374577451803552.jpg

Edit:

Ah, saw this now:
    Sam Vimes wrote: »

Vodafone have upgraded their webtexts to 600 but cabbage is designed to report any number over 333 as an error. What it means is that you have 506 messages left and that the message succeeded.

I've updated the program and you can get the update by entering this on your phone's browser:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.72

or by downloading these files to your computer and copying them across:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.72.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.72.jad

Vodafone have increased their webtexts to 600 a month but cabbage is designed to report any number above 333 as an error. I've just fixed it and released a new version:

http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

edit: I see you did read the last few posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

mfield wrote: »
    600 texts and International too! Jaysus this is great craic altogether! :D

O'Reilly? That's pretty impressive! Hope o2 follow or I may have to follow Voda :P

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Hi

i have installed the latest version. Meteor web texts work fine but VOIPcheap still does not work, i'm getting a cannot connect to server message. i'm using http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

any ideas? Thanks a million

• Advertisement

sendic wrote: »
    Hi

i have installed the latest version. Meteor web texts work fine but VOIPcheap still does not work, i'm getting a cannot connect to server message. i'm using http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

any ideas? Thanks a million

There seems to be a problem with it and I'm looking into it

Advertisement