Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Cool, thank you
    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    There seems to be a problem with it and I'm looking into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

flodis79 wrote: »
    I get Cannot connect to network site with Voda. Should I change sending server?
    I'm getting this too for the last 4 or 5 days. Sometimes it looks like it's making an attempt, but often it just goes straight to "Could not connect to network site" when I allow access. It usually goes, but it takes 3/4 attempts, and the text arrives a bit later.

On Meteor with a 6300. Server is correct. Re-installed and latest version 1.72. Still no luck.

Oh, and a smashing program Sam, thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cast_iron wrote: »
    I'm getting this too for the last 4 or 5 days. Sometimes it looks like it's making an attempt, but often it just goes straight to "Could not connect to network site" when I allow access. It usually goes, but it takes 3/4 attempts, and the text arrives a bit later.

On Meteor with a 6300. Server is correct. Re-installed and latest version 1.72. Still no luck.

Oh, and a smashing program Sam, thanks a mill.

This is happening to me too recently. It's since meteor upgraded their website, sometimes it just fails. I haven't been able to track down the problem yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Have been using this App for about a month (Got from a friend) so didn't know it's source.

Excellent little App, well done you & thank you for sharing ;)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Have been using this App for about a month (Got from a friend) so didn't know it's source.

Excellent little App, well done you & thank you for sharing ;)

-

Thank you gadgetman496 :)

Stick the details you've entered in the program on this page and tell me what you get back:

http://cabbagetexter.com/test.htm

The vodafone website's been very unreliable the past few days so it might just have been a temporary problem. It's working for me now.

Try using vodafone isp too if you're using live. Live can be a bit dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Must have been vodafone so.

I get blamed every time there's a problem with the network websites :(

They're only multi-million euro companies, you can't expect them to be as reliable as one guy coding in his spare time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

This is happening to me too recently. It's since meteor upgraded their website, sometimes it just fails. I haven't been able to track down the problem yet

The problem on Meteor seems to be if you don't log out properly, it gives you a recaptcha because the session timed out. Or if someone (Who could accidentally be yourself) unsuccessfully tries to log in as you more than once, it also serves up the picture. If you log in and see a recaptcha but also a "send web text" link in the top corner, you can click the link but every time you log in after that will give the recaptcha, meaning cabbage won't work. I've sent 22 web texts this month without running into problems going by this. Hope that helps Sam :).

Adro947 wrote: »
    The problem on Meteor seems to be if you don't log out properly, it gives you a recaptcha because the session timed out. Or if someone (Who could accidentally be yourself) unsuccessfully tries to log in as you more than once, it also serves up the picture. If you log in and see a recaptcha but also a "send web text" link in the top corner, you can click the link but every time you log in after that will give the recaptcha, meaning cabbage won't work. I've sent 22 web texts this month without running into problems going by this. Hope that helps Sam :).

Ah that's good to know :)

I knew about the captcha if you put in the wrong login but not when you time out. I'll change the script to log you out after sending and see if that makes a difference

• Advertisement

Ah that's good to know :)

I knew about the captcha if you put in the wrong login but not when you time out. I'll change the script to log you out after sending and see if that makes a difference

But what if you want to send more than one text to different individuals?

Will you have to log back in after every send? :eek:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

But what if you want to send more than one text to different individuals?

Will you have to log back in after every send? :eek:

-

No you won't notice any difference except maybe it taking a bit longer. It's all done by a script on my server

I've made that change now so hopefully that'll be fixed. I've stuck in a new error code too to see if confifm if that is what's happening. If you get the page with the captcha returned you'll get the error code -4. It won't tell you what that means because the client doesn't know what error code -4 is, it'll just say Error:-4

Thanks again for keeping this bang up to date :cool:

Appreciate your efforts.

-

sendic wrote: »
    Hi

i have installed the latest version. Meteor web texts work fine but VOIPcheap still does not work, i'm getting a cannot connect to server message. i'm using http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

any ideas? Thanks a million

Is voipcheap working now? Turns out they changed the url they use for sending messages. I've updated the script and it's working for me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

You should have this thread moved, Sam :)

I'm sure the server would love that. 165 pages...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Sam, sending international texts with Vodafone using the mobile version is giving me an 'Unexpected response (-5)' error.

I have the latest version and I am putting the number in using '+' and then the number after that.

Sure let me know at your leisure, thanks dude! :)

Baza210 wrote: »
    You should have this thread moved, Sam :)

I'm sure the server would love that. 165 pages...

To be honest I think it'll disappear into obscurity if it's moved there :D
    mfield wrote: »
    Sam, sending international texts with Vodafone using the mobile version is giving me an 'Unexpected response (-5)' error.

I have the latest version and I am putting the number in using '+' and then the number after that.

Sure let me know at your leisure, thanks dude! :)

I'll take a look and get back to you :)

Just tried it there from my phone and i'm still getting the could not connect to server message. :-( any ideas? I'll double check all my account details but i can't see how anything would have changed. I've tried it with the correct voipcheap password and with one that is intentionally wrong and i get the same result both times. Thanks
    Is voipcheap working now? Turns out they changed the url they use for sending messages. I've updated the script and it's working for me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

To be honest I think it'll disappear into obscurity if it's moved there :D

But that forum was ostensibly created for apps just like Cabbage, you can't abandon it when it's just been born!

• Advertisement

Just tried it there from my phone and i'm still getting the could not connect to server message. :-( any ideas? I'll double check all my account details but i can't see how anything would have changed. I've tried it with the correct voipcheap password and with one that is intentionally wrong and i get the same result both times. Thanks

Sorry you're right I'm an idiot. I forgot I had to make a change to the client too. I've got an updated client but I can't seem to connect to voipcheap itself at the moment so I'm going to hold off releasing it until I know it works properly

Cool, thanks a million. My fiancee lives in the US and this app saves me a small fortune. Cheers
    Sorry you're right I'm an idiot. I forgot I had to make a change to the client too. I've got an updated client but I can't seem to connect to voipcheap itself at the moment so I'm going to hold off releasing it until I know it works properly

Cool, thanks a million. My fiancee lives in the US and this app saves me a small fortune. Cheers

Right it seems to be working again. Download this new one and try it:

Either enter this address on your phone:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.73

or download both of these files to your computer, copy them across and install from the jad file:

http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.73.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.73.jad

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Sam

Im using cabbage from my desktop and have been getting this error message the last 2 days Error(-7) Precheck:Network website failed

Any ideas?

censuspro wrote: »
    Sam

Im using cabbage from my desktop and have been getting this error message the last 2 days Error(-7) Precheck:Network website failed

Any ideas?

What network are you on and do you have the latest version?

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.96.1.exe

Legend.

Just installed it and it seems to be working perfectly. Thanks again.
    Right it seems to be working again. Download this new one and try it:

Either enter this address on your phone:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.73

or download both of these files to your computer, copy them across and install from the jad file:

http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.73.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.73.jad

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

What network are you on and do you have the latest version?

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.96.1.exe

Im on meteor and I have the latest version

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Hi again Sam

Updated to the latest mobile version 1.73 but still getting "unexpected response (-5)"

On vodafone using (or trying to use) voda webtexts, I can check remaining messages so it must be connecting to vodafone server OK!

censuspro wrote: »
    Im on meteor and I have the latest version

Firstly go to the meteor site and try to log in. You might have to fill in a captcha before you can log in which would stop cabbage working. you won't have to do that every time though, if you do it once cabbage should start working again

What happens when you click more->extras->check for updates?

• Advertisement

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    Hi again Sam

Updated to the latest mobile version 1.73 but still getting "unexpected response (-5)"

On vodafone using (or trying to use) voda webtexts, I can check remaining messages so it must be connecting to vodafone server OK!

It's working for me so it must be related to the vodafone network. What access point are you using, live or isp?

Do you know how to switch to using isp?

If you don't, tell me what phone you have and I'll explain it

Advertisement