Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Phone is E61i. I'm using vodafone MISP as access point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    Phone is E61i. I'm using vodafone MISP as access point.

hmmmm, I was expecting you to say you were using live, that's where this problem usually happens. What do you have the server set to?

What do you mean by "server" in cabbage it 's set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

What do you mean by "server" in cabbage it 's set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

That's right, what do you get back when you fill your details your details into this page and hit send:

http://cabbagetexter.com/test.htm

This could all just be the vodafone site acting up. Captain Morgan was having a similar problem yesterday and it just fixed itself

Can you try it over wifi and see if it works?

• Advertisement

just a blank page with "-5"

just a blank page with "-5"

That's the same -5 you're getting in cabbage. I think we might have solved the mystery :)

If you go to log into the vodafone site now it probably won't work. They changed their password rules or something like that when they upgraded their site. You might have to change your password or just log in and tick a box or something but whatever you have to do, once you're able to log in properly and have the right password in cabbage it should start working again

I get exactly the same over WiFi. I just rang vodafone over another issue I'm having with webtexts - although I religuosly tick the box to keep me signed in for 24 hours, if I wait 20 mins or so between texts I have to log-in again! The girl told me she was having trouble getting through to their techies and would ring me back. Surely the fact that I can obtain my "remaining texts" accurately shows I am making some sort of connection?

I get exactly the same over WiFi. I just rang vodafone over another issue I'm having with webtexts - although I religuosly tick the box to keep me signed in for 24 hours, if I wait 20 mins or so between texts I have to log-in again! The girl told me she was having trouble getting through to their techies and would ring me back. Surely the fact that I can obtain my "remaining texts" accurately shows I am making some sort of connection?

Good point :o

I forgot about that. Would you mind pm'ing me your login so I can take a look myself and see what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

yeah voda is on and off on cabbage mobile 3g and wifi but always seems to work with that test.html script.

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote: »
    yeah voda is on and off on cabbage mobile 3g and wifi but always seems to work with that test.html script.

The test.html script makes exactly the same request that cabbage does :confused:

I now have international texts working 100% with cabbagetexter and vodafone - many many thanks Sam!!!

I've donated the €25 I would have paid to SMS discount this week to cabbagetexter - and very cheap at the price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Will Cabbage support the three.ie webtext interface at some stage?

I've donated the €25 I would have paid to SMS discount this week to cabbagetexter - and very cheap at the price!!

Glad you like it PapaQubec :D

Thanks very much for your donation
    T-Square wrote: »
    Will Cabbage support the three.ie webtext interface at some stage?

It already does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

I now have international texts working 100% with cabbagetexter and vodafone - many many thanks Sam!!!

Sweet! Is this on the mobile version or desktop version PQ?

mfield wrote: »
    Sweet! Is this on the mobile version or desktop version PQ?

Both but he's using the mobile version. Vodafone and O2 have international webtexts now

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Both but he's using the mobile version. Vodafone and O2 have international webtexts now

Donation on the way Sam, this is a serious job you have done!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Firstly go to the meteor site and try to log in. You might have to fill in a captcha before you can log in which would stop cabbage working. you won't have to do that every time though, if you do it once cabbage should start working again

What happens when you click more->extras->check for updates?

That did it Sam. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

Does Cabbage work with your Vodafone Live connection??

• Advertisement

SeamyH wrote: »
    Does Cabbage work with your Vodafone Live connection??

Vodafone live can be a bit unreliable for lots of apps, including cabbage. It seems to work sometimes but nor others. If you turn off the proxy in the live settings it should be more reliable and ISP (or MISP) would be more reliable too but the pricing on that is different (not included in the 99c per day offer), it's 19c per mb on pre pay and if you're on bill pay and don't have an add on just don't use it, use live instead.

The settings for live without the proxy are:

connection name:Vf Live!
    data bearer: packet data (or gprs data)
    APN:live.vodafone.com
    username:dublin
    prompt password:no
    password:dublin
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://live.vodafone.com
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

Added the connection to VF Live but when I attempt to send a test message I get a message saying "invalid login" BUT the message still sends.

Oh dear - back to the old "unexpected response (-5)"

SeamyH wrote: »
    Added the connection to VF Live but when I attempt to send a test message I get a message saying "invalid login" BUT the message still sends.

Are you using the latest version V1.73?

Get it here if you're not: cabbagetexter.com/dl1.73

and if you press options->accounts->options->edit server

is the server set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php
    Oh dear - back to the old "unexpected response (-5)"

It's still working for me to both Irish and international numbers. Is it still giing you problems and can you log into the website as normal?

I'm sure it's just a temporary glitch Sam, and more down to vodafone than anything else. I'm sure it'll resolve itself!

I'm sure it's just a temporary glitch Sam, and more down to vodafone than anything else. I'm sure it'll resolve itself!

Does your phone have wifi by any chance? And have you tried both vodafone live and isp?

Working on WiFI

Working again on VodaMISP - ap predicted, a glitch at voda's end!

Working again on VodaMISP - ap predicted, a glitch at voda's end!

Grand so :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 davidwhat

I'm on meteor and I can't get cabbage working on my mobile, it gives me the error "unable to connect to server". I have tried changing the server to the powermyphone address but it still didn't work.

Advertisement