Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭telemachus

Installed this today and working flawlessly in seconds (was on 3 before and switched to vodafone), with the vodafone webtexts being international now it's saving me a fortune! I'd send quite a few every day and it really ate through the credit, just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic little app.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

davidwhat wrote: »
    I'm on meteor and I can't get cabbage working on my mobile, it gives me the error "unable to connect to server". I have tried changing the server to the powermyphone address but it still didn't work.

What phone do you have and can other applications access the internet?

What happens when you press options->check for updates?
    telemachus wrote: »
    Installed this today and working flawlessly in seconds (was on 3 before and switched to vodafone), with the vodafone webtexts being international now it's saving me a fortune! I'd send quite a few every day and it really ate through the credit, just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic little app.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I'vve been getting "could not connect to network site" for a few days now.
    I'm with meteor using cabbage 1.6.2

nothing has been changed in settingd but it just stopped working.
    I went to meteor.ie on the pc and after logging in it asked me for additional security info (copy digits into a box). could this be the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Is there a problem with the vodafone webtext.

This was working fine for me until recently. Now I keep getting error messages.
    I am using v 1.95.2.
    error -8 precheck invalid response

I have gone into the vodafone webtext page and that works fine.

Edit: just checked developers website and see that there's an update to work with new vodafone site.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

Hi Sam, used cabbage for ages, even donated once. grand programme, BUT....

...since I upgraded this morning it just won't work any more.

...even before the upgrade, it had gone REALLY slow - taking maybe 4-5 times longer so I was getting fed up with it and hardly ever using it any more. It would still say "sending" when someone had already replied to the text - odd!

N95 8G on O2 here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Twice today when i've texted from it, (On Vodafone btw) its taken about 160 seconds to send them its says error -152 Unknown error or a similar number.. But it still sends as i've gotten replies, its not an issue for me if they are still sending, just thought i'd let you know Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

jarvis wrote: »
    I'vve been getting "could not connect to network site" for a few days now.
    I'm with meteor using cabbage 1.6.2

nothing has been changed in settingd but it just stopped working.
    I went to meteor.ie on the pc and after logging in it asked me for additional security info (copy digits into a box). could this be the reason?

The answer is yes, Jarvis, log on to the site using the additional security & then log off again. You should then be able to log back in WITHOUT getting the additional security ... if you can, then Cabbage will work again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭BrendanBurgess

o2 user

Sent a text today

Checked o2 sent texts report to cofirm it was sent.

Cabbage froze and I had to control alt delete to get it off the screen

Repeated it just now, and got the same frozen screen.

I love Cabbage. I hate limiting myself to short texts using my phone.

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

vodkasoda wrote: »
    The answer is yes, Jarvis, log on to the site using the additional security & then log off again. You should then be able to log back in WITHOUT getting the additional security ... if you can, then Cabbage will work again ...

Done the additional security stuff and it worked again, however, a couple of hours later, the error happened again, so I logged on once more and did the additional security stuff a second time. Cabbage worked again after that. But will this keep hapening, because if it does it will basically render cabbage useless for me!

Is this the end???????:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Not working at all today for me on o2.

v1.96.1 desktop.

o2 site is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

o2 site is up but can't send webtexts, it's an o2 problem i'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Since yesterday can logon to O2's site, but unable to send texts from there, so Cabbage wont work either. Frustrating how frequent that site is acting up.

o2 user

Sent a text today

Checked o2 sent texts report to cofirm it was sent.

Cabbage froze and I had to control alt delete to get it off the screen

Repeated it just now, and got the same frozen screen.

I love Cabbage. I hate limiting myself to short texts using my phone.

Brendan
    kaimera wrote: »
    Not working at all today for me on o2.

v1.96.1 desktop.

o2 site is up
    Sherifu wrote: »
    o2 site is up but can't send webtexts, it's an o2 problem i'd wager.
    CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Since yesterday can logon to O2's site, but unable to send texts from there, so Cabbage wont work either. Frustrating how frequent that site is acting up.

As Sherifu and CaSCaDe711 say, it looks like a problem with the O2 site. I tried to download the delivery reports myself and after about 2 minutes I got a "Download of the specified resource has failed" error and I get this when I try to go into the web text area:

Service is currently unavailable

Sorry, the service you are trying to access is currently unavailable.
    We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Please try again later.
    Give it a while and see if the O2 site starts working properly again :)
    jarvis wrote: »
    Done the additional security stuff and it worked again, however, a couple of hours later, the error happened again, so I logged on once more and did the additional security stuff a second time. Cabbage worked again after that. But will this keep hapening, because if it does it will basically render cabbage useless for me!

Is this the end???????:(

No it's not the end :) I thought I'd fixed that problem but it looks like it's still an issue. I'll take a look at it and post back here if and when I find a solution.
    KatCookie wrote: »
    Twice today when i've texted from it, (On Vodafone btw) its taken about 160 seconds to send them its says error -152 Unknown error or a similar number.. But it still sends as i've gotten replies, its not an issue for me if they are still sending, just thought i'd let you know Sam!

Is this desktop or mobile and are you using the latest version?
    for desktop: http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.96.1.exe
    for mobile: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.73 (enter that addres on your phone)

The vodafone site has been having issues the past few days since they upgraded so it might have had something to do with that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Been a user of cabbage for some time now - recently switched from Meteor to Vodafone - I was wondering, if I use cabbage to send a webtext from my phone does that mean I'll be charged 99c? (And be able to send 50mb of text messages?) Or does Vodafone have a per kb charge like Meteor that changes into the 50mb once you hit the 99c mark?

Regards

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Been a user of cabbage for some time now - recently switched from Meteor to Vodafone - I was wondering, if I use cabbage to send a webtext from my phone does that mean I'll be charged 99c? (And be able to send 50mb of text messages?) Or does Vodafone have a per kb charge like Meteor that changes into the 50mb once you hit the 99c mark?

Regards

Vodafone's plan is the same as meteor's, 2c per KB up to 99c/50KB and then the flat rate up to 50MB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Just logged onto O2, webtexts are available again.

Do texts using O2 logins work ok?

Can you try changing the server to http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Using Vodafone, I'm getting error (-8) Precheck invalid response for about the past 2-3 weeks. Cabbage returns this error every time. Anyone else ?

dnme wrote: »
    Using Vodafone, I'm getting error (-8) Precheck invalid response for about the past 2-3 weeks. Cabbage returns this error every time. Anyone else ?

You need to download the latest version:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.96.1.exe

Is this still happening? Is it permanently not working or on and off?

It looks like O2 have blocked access to my website and powermyphone.com but maybe it's something else. Can anyone provide a server running the cabbage scripts for Captain Morgan to test?

They've also blocked my website from accessing the O2 website to send the messages but I found away around that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I'm having hassles........sorry.

I've removed the old version I had, and loaded up the newest you posted earlier Sam.
    Did'nt work for me.
    I then tried the new server you mentioned ; http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php

but no messages are sending - getting this - Error: (-8) Precheck:Invalid Response

Any suggestions?

Using Vodfone btw as service provider.

Thanks,

NIF

I'm having hassles........sorry.
    No need to be sorry :)
    I've removed the old version I had, and loaded up the newest you posted earlier Sam.
    Did'nt work for me.
    I then tried the new server you mentioned ; http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php

but no messages are sending - getting this - Error: (-8) Precheck:Invalid Response

Any suggestions?

Using Vodfone btw as service provider.

Thanks,

NIF
    Is it V1.96.1 that you have installed?

when you click more->configuration make sure "send messages via intermediate server" is unticked. Once you do this the server you have selected makes no difference btw because it's not being used.

Can you log into the vodafone site as normal?

What happens when you click more->extras->get number of messages left
    and more->extras->Check for updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Cabbage 1.96.1 telling me I have 591 messages left. Is this correct ? I'm using Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Cabbage 1.96.1 telling me I have 591 messages left. Is this correct ? I'm using Vodafone

Ya. You get 600 a month now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Morning Sam, using Cabbage on Vodafone - sent a message this morning to a a Swiss mobile and got a message from the person I sent it to saying they only got the first part (1 of 6) - Sent the same message to my own mobile and get the same result - any ideas? I have the most up to date version - great app by the way I use it all the time:D:D - Thanks in advance Kilsmum:p:p:p

Advertisement