Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Sam, before when I sent a text from my mobile to someone and it give the error could not connect to server, cabbage would store the message in the sent messages, and I could then retry to send without having to type the whole text out again. But now it does not save the unsent message. :(

It would be super duper if you could sort this dude! Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey sam, just realised the texter thing on my site doesn't work anymore :( Any idea what could be wrong? Desktop version I'm using is fine (don't know which version I'm using but I haven't updated for a good few months).

Just an update on the above. I thought I figured out the problem, that I hadn't topped sim up in 6 months so it wouldn't log in online anymore. I never got any of the callback request I sent. Then I topped it up by a tenner and tried again, but I still get the oops page, however the text comes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dnme wrote: »
    Cabbage 1.96.1 telling me I have 591 messages left. Is this correct ? I'm using Vodafone

And can you log into the vodafone site as normal and send a web text?

What format is the number you're sending the message to? 08x, +3538x, +1, 001 etc?

kilsmum wrote: »
    Morning Sam, using Cabbage on Vodafone - sent a message this morning to a a Swiss mobile and got a message from the person I sent it to saying they only got the first part (1 of 6) - Sent the same message to my own mobile and get the same result - any ideas? I have the most up to date version - great app by the way I use it all the time:D:D - Thanks in advance Kilsmum:p:p:p
    Is this still happening? I can send multi-part messages with mine no problem. Is it only very long messages as in 6 or more or is it anything over 160 characters?
    mfield wrote: »
    Sam, before when I sent a text from my mobile to someone and it give the error could not connect to server, cabbage would store the message in the sent messages, and I could then retry to send without having to type the whole text out again. But now it does not save the unsent message. :(

It would be super duper if you could sort this dude! Many thanks :)

Press options->restore last sent :)
    No that means it failed. I put that in for testing and forgot to take it out
    Yes it's 19c per mb and there's no minimum charge.

Unless you're on bill pay?
    cormie wrote: »
    Hey sam, just realised the texter thing on my site doesn't work anymore :( Any idea what could be wrong? Desktop version I'm using is fine (don't know which version I'm using but I haven't updated for a good few months).
    Just an update on the above. I thought I figured out the problem, that I hadn't topped sim up in 6 months so it wouldn't log in online anymore. I never got any of the callback request I sent. Then I topped it up by a tenner and tried again, but I still get the oops page, however the text comes :confused:
    What's your website address again and can I log in and take a look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Sam, Just checked there - I cant seem to send anything over 160 characters - the program says the message is sent but only reduces the remaining texts by one - the text itself shows the (1/2) but the second text doesnt arrive! Kilsmum:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sam, Just checked there - I cant seem to send anything over 160 characters - the program says the message is sent but only reduces the remaining texts by one - the text itself shows the (1/2) but the second text doesnt arrive! Kilsmum:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hmm, odd it's working fine for me. When you click more->configuration is "send messages via server" ticked? If so untick it

Sorry Sam I should have said Im running the cabbage app on the phone - cant find the more option so I assume you might think Im doing it from my computer - Kilsmum:):):)

Sorry Sam I should have said Im running the cabbage app on the phone - cant find the more option so I assume you might think Im doing it from my computer - Kilsmum:):):)

Ah right it all makes sense now :)

And you're right, there was a problem preventing >160 character messages being sent with vodafone numbers which I have now fixed so if you give it another shot it should work now

Sam I get the feeling you will be sorry you tried to help me! You fixed the business of the 160 texts - on my first test I got parts 1,2, 3 & 6 it missed out 4 & 5, on the second test it worked perfectly all six parts of the text came in and on the third try I got parts 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 of the text but not the first part!! It is something small that needs a little tweak???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: - Thanks so much Kilsmum:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    No need to be sorry :)

Is it V1.96.1 that you have installed?

when you click more->configuration make sure "send messages via intermediate server" is unticked. Once you do this the server you have selected makes no difference btw because it's not being used.

Can you log into the vodafone site as normal?

What happens when you click more->extras->get number of messages left
    and more->extras->Check for updates?

ok, revisiting this again, hope you can help Sam:)

I'm using version V1.95.6 , in "more" , "send messages via intermediate server" is unticked and when I go into extras and click to get number of messages left, it came up -5 :confused:
    can log into ther voda site as normal..and other tips?:pac:

ta,
    NIF

Sam I get the feeling you will be sorry you tried to help me! You fixed the business of the 160 texts - on my first test I got parts 1,2, 3 & 6 it missed out 4 & 5, on the second test it worked perfectly all six parts of the text came in and on the third try I got parts 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 of the text but not the first part!! It is something small that needs a little tweak???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: - Thanks so much Kilsmum:):)

That's very odd indeed. Now that I've made the change it will only move onto the next one when it gets a successful response from the last so it looks like the vodafone website just didn't send it. I might have to put in some longer delays but it could just be a problem with the vodafone site. I'll see what I can do about it. Let me know if it keeps up
    ok, revisiting this again, hope you can help Sam:)

I'm using version V1.95.6 , in "more" , "send messages via intermediate server" is unticked and when I go into extras and click to get number of messages left, it came up -5 :confused:
    can log into ther voda site as normal..and other tips?:pac:

ta,
    NIF
    The problem is you're using an old version. Vodafone updated their website recently and I had to update the program to handle it. you can get the latest version here:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.96.1.exe

Will do Sam - Thanks very much for trying to get things sorted out - I appreciate it - Kilsmum:):):):p

What's your website address again and can I log in and take a look?

Thanks Sam, it's vantasks.ie :)

Thanks Sam, it's vantasks.ie :)

Can you pm me your login so I fan ftp in and take a look. I'm thinking that O2 have blocked your website but i'll have to take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Sam,

I got my Cabbage back working!

Thanks man! Respect.

NIF

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

I want to do a clean instal of Win 7 from Vista

I'm running cabbage 1.96.1 with installer

What files do I need to keep to have contacts, history, logins, etc after I reinstal cabbage after loading Win 7?

nazoil wrote: »
    I want to do a clean instal of Win 7 from Vista

I'm running cabbage 1.96.1 with installer

What files do I need to keep to have contacts, history, logins, etc after I reinstal cabbage after loading Win 7?

Keep the folder %appdata%\cabbage

On vista that's c:\users\<username>\Appdata\roaming\cabbage

Can you pm me your login so I fan ftp in and take a look. I'm thinking that O2 have blocked your website but i'll have to take a look

Sam went out of his way to sort this just for me and for no gain to the actual program itself. Thanks again Sam. Just posted about it on FaceBook, I'm so scene :p

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Hi Sam,

Quick question. I have a Blackberry 8800 and wondered if Cabbage will work on it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hey I see there was some posts a few days back about the mobile version not working on o2 but doesn't look like they were resolved. I upgraded to 1.73 yesterday and since then I've been getting "Unexpected response format" whenever I try to send. My server at the moment is http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Using an O2 SIM on a 6233, haven't received any errors of late, server is always set to cabbagetexter, and looking back on previous texts sent on a 5800 (Meteor phone and SIM using my O2 Cabbage account to send internationally) I've experienced no problems the last week. Have the server still on cabbagetexter there too.

CaSCaDe711

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

can some one give an explanation in lay mans terms,

1 what is cabbage
    2 how does it work
    3 is there a cost involved

ta,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

soundsham wrote: »
    can some one give an explanation in lay mans terms,

1 what is cabbage
    2 how does it work
    3 is there a cost involved

ta,

The software is free

It's free to use

It allows you to text from your desktop using your providers service without having to go to their Website.

Wonderful little App.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its not free to use as such, if you connect to the internet via a data connection on the operators network you will be charged roughly 2c per kb.

If you have a data addon it will come from that, or if you have acces to wifi you can use it from that without any additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

2 versions of Cabbage, one for your desktop, and one for your phone. The program enables you to send your free online texts "from your handset", very very handy, especially when using it with O2 (and now Vodafone), meaning you can now send your free monthly balance of international texts when away from your pc, or, when at your pc using the desktop version of Cabbage. Even if you have a, say, 3, or Meteor SIM locked phone, but have an O2 or Vodafone SIM in another phone, you can set up accounts on Cabbage so you can send from the other operator's numbers you have. Definitely one of the best programs of the 21st century. Thanks Sam.

CaSCaDe711

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks a million Sam, brilliant application you got there! Works like a charm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I rolled my mobile cabbage texter back to v1.4 and everything is working fine again? When I tried to send a text using v1.73 it would say "Unexpected response format" and if I tried to send one using wi-fi instead of GPRS it would say "Blank response received". I tried creating a new account to make sure all my credentials were correct and it still gave the same errors? My phone is a Nokia E71, I'm on o2 prepay and the server I'm using is http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

I'm new to using this application, but I have to say it sounds like a great idea! Well done to the creator/developer of it, very handy.

I'm just wondering if someone could help me get started please? I'm with Meteor and trying to send a message from cabbage. I get the following error message:
    Error: (-7) Precheck: Network website failed.

Could anyone please suggest what I might be doing wrong or how to fix this? Apologies if this has been asked before, but it's a huge thread and had a quick look but didn't see anything.

Thanks very much.

• Advertisement

Sorry lads I was away for the weekend :)
    Cringer wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Quick question. I have a Blackberry 8800 and wondered if Cabbage will work on it.

Thanks

Should do, it supports java
    CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Using an O2 SIM on a 6233, haven't received any errors of late, server is always set to cabbagetexter, and looking back on previous texts sent on a 5800 (Meteor phone and SIM using my O2 Cabbage account to send internationally) I've experienced no problems the last week. Have the server still on cabbagetexter there too.

CaSCaDe711
    Hey I see there was some posts a few days back about the mobile version not working on o2 but doesn't look like they were resolved. I upgraded to 1.73 yesterday and since then I've been getting "Unexpected response format" whenever I try to send. My server at the moment is http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php
    I rolled my mobile cabbage texter back to v1.4 and everything is working fine again? When I tried to send a text using v1.73 it would say "Unexpected response format" and if I tried to send one using wi-fi instead of GPRS it would say "Blank response received". I tried creating a new account to make sure all my credentials were correct and it still gave the same errors? My phone is a Nokia E71, I'm on o2 prepay and the server I'm using is http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Hmmm, it looks like I've done something to stop it working in the later versions. I thought O2 had blocked my website. I'll look into it and get back to you
    Publin wrote: »
    I'm new to using this application, but I have to say it sounds like a great idea! Well done to the creator/developer of it, very handy.

I'm just wondering if someone could help me get started please? I'm with Meteor and trying to send a message from cabbage. I get the following error message:
    Error: (-7) Precheck: Network website failed.

Could anyone please suggest what I might be doing wrong or how to fix this? Apologies if this has been asked before, but it's a huge thread and had a quick look but didn't see anything.

Thanks very much.

Firstly do you have the right phone number and password? Can you go to http://www.meteor.ie/ and fill in your phone number and pin on the top right and log in ok?

And if so, on cabbage click more->manage logins and make sure you've entered the information correctly.

Advertisement