Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Just to let ye know there is a problem with the Meteor website it has been down for over an hour at least - Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Sam, I am trying to send a group text. I have set-up a group and have a list of contacts in it.

The problem arises when I select group text and then tick the group to send to and click send it tells me to 'Please select at least one contact' even though I have over 20 contacts in that particular group?!

Any help would be great! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭gaz38979

Hi Sam i am also getting unexpected response Format and im with Vodafone, I am using mobile version 1.72 Any ideas Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭BrendanBurgess

I get the following error
    Error -16. Failed Checking Error when sending

When I clicked on their website I got

This Account Has Been Suspended

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Meirhosting provides quality hosting services but your account may have broken our Terms Of Service agreement
    or has not been renewed on time.

Now I have to figure out how 02 works again.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Anyone have any alternative Server url to send messages through while the cabbagetexter site is suspended?

I've tried http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php aswell as the default cabbage texter one.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Aghhh, what's going on :eek: Cabbagetexter.com suspended? Did something violate the terms of use I wonder? If I can help with any hosting thingy let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Also seeing the "Unexpected Response Format" error, sending an O2 SMS from a Meteor SIM :(

CaSCaDe711

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I went to download site to download the program to a laptop I have and I got this -

This Account Has Been Suspended

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Meirhosting provides quality hosting services but your account may have broken our Terms Of Service agreement
    or has not been renewed on time.

wasss up?? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was just speaking to him and he forgot to pay his bill. I reckon he'll have it sorted soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Phew thats good, I thought there was a problem with my shiny new SE Satio that mobile cabbage wasnt working,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Great, all will be as it's supposed to be very soon :D

site is back online, still getting "unexpected response format" though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sorry about the downtime yesterday, as Random says I forgot to pay an invoice :D

It should be working again now, it's working on my phone anyway.

@smartblaa, if you press options->accounts->options->edit server, is the server set to htp://cabbagetexter.com/send.php (make sure it's spelled right)

And are you still having problems?
    mfield wrote: »
    Sam, I am trying to send a group text. I have set-up a group and have a list of contacts in it.

The problem arises when I select group text and then tick the group to send to and click send it tells me to 'Please select at least one contact' even though I have over 20 contacts in that particular group?!

Any help would be great! :)

When you tick a group on the right list box all it does is tick the relevant names in the left list box and when you click send it just scrolls down through the left box. Are the names on the left getting ticked when you tick the groups on the right? If you've changed the names in the phone book they won't get ticked anymore

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    @smartblaa, if you press options->accounts->options->edit server, is the server set to htp://cabbagetexter.com/send.php (make sure it's spelled right)

And are you still having problems?

SV, you're a legend.
    Cheers

Glad you got it working smartblaa :)

Can anyone who's been having problems using the program on O2 phones for the past few weeks (not in the past 24 hours) download this new version and see if it makes a difference:

Either enter this on your phone:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.74

Or download these files to your computer, transfer them to your phone and install from the jad:

http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.74.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.74.jad

So, where do you go again to download the best version to my laptop?

Hi im still gettin unexpected response format and the server is spelt correct any ideas thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just tried this out on the HTC Hero and it works great.... Nice job, Sam.

The only problem I came across was importing contacts from the Network site, but thats no big deal.

When you tick a group on the right list box all it does is tick the relevant names in the left list box and when you click send it just scrolls down through the left box. Are the names on the left getting ticked when you tick the groups on the right? If you've changed the names in the phone book they won't get ticked anymore

Yeah, this is the problem when I tick the right box, none of the names are ticked in the left box. I even tried to create a new group just selecting the top few names and I am getting the same problem.

It's no panic anyway, I just ticked the names manually instead :)

• Advertisement

So, where do you go again to download the best version to my laptop?

I'm not sure what you mean....
    gaz38979 wrote: »
    Hi im still gettin unexpected response format and the server is spelt correct any ideas thanks

What network are you on?
    What happens when you press options->Check for updates (you won't have that option if you don't have the latest version)
    Can you log into your network website as normal?

If you're not using V1.74 use the links in my previous post to get it
    Mr E wrote: »
    Just tried this out on the HTC Hero and it works great.... Nice job, Sam.

The only problem I came across was importing contacts from the Network site, but thats no big deal.

What network are you on? I haven't set it up for 3 and O2 isn't working either.
    Yeah, this is the problem when I tick the right box, none of the names are ticked in the left box. I even tried to create a new group just selecting the top few names and I am getting the same problem.

It's no panic anyway, I just ticked the names manually instead :)

Hmmm, odd. Are you on the latest version V1.96.1? Are the names in the group the same as the names in the your phone book?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What network are you on? I haven't set it up for 3 and O2 isn't working either.

Vodafone. It just sits there with "please wait" or whatever it says. Left it for 5 mins before quitting.

It's Ok, I'm sorted.

Cheers Sam! Top bloke.

Hmmm, odd. Are you on the latest version V1.96.1? Are the names in the group the same as the names in the your phone book?

Yeah latest one and all the names are all working fine in my phone book.

Another thing is that Cabbage hangs when I minimize it and then go to send another text and this has been going on for a good while - so maybe it's something to do with my laptop?

What network are you on?
    What happens when you press options->Check for updates (you won't have that option if you don't have the latest version)
    Can you log into your network website as normal?

If you're not using V1.74 use the links in my previous post to get it

i am on Vodafone using version 1.72 when i click check for updates it says length required, im using a nokia n95 and
    when i try to download the jad file it opens a page with 10 lines of script.

Mr E wrote: »
    Vodafone. It just sits there with "please wait" or whatever it says. Left it for 5 mins before quitting.

I've just spotted a bug that I'll have to fix before that works
    Yeah latest one and all the names are all working fine in my phone book.

Another thing is that Cabbage hangs when I minimize it and then go to send another text and this has been going on for a good while - so maybe it's something to do with my laptop?

I'll have to look more into both of those. They're working fine for me...
    gaz38979 wrote: »
    i am on Vodafone using version 1.72 when i click check for updates it says length required, im using a nokia n95 and
    when i try to download the jad file it opens a page with 10 lines of script.

I think I know what might be causing that, I changed it to that to fix another problem :D I'll look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Definitely a sign of the recession when people stop paying for cabbage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

yeah the 1.72 wouldnt work on my SE Satio using O2 GPRS as the connection it only worked over wifi
    the 1.74 worked first time :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cavanman.

On another thread on boards (bargain alerts), which I regularly read,there is a post re promotion for Three UK customers roaming in Ireland, basically if you got a Three UK sim you could call UK mobiles for 10p per minute...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055728737

http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/.../ROI_Promotion

http://www.three.co.uk/_standalone/L...=1214305748126 (pg. 34)

The final link (page 34) provides specific pricing information for the promotion including data charges, which are 10p/MB and in the footnote it explains that data charges are rounded to the nearest KB. So if my calculations are correct it would cost 0.01p to send a text via net from your mobile.

So in theory it would be possible to send a text via cabbage (using Irish mobile network login details) from a UK Three mobile (in Ireland) for a fraction of a penny/cent??

Admittedly it would involve the use of a second phone to send your texts (Three UK), but the person receiving the text would receive it from your Irish number as such.

Is there a flaw in my plan and what are people's thoughts???

• Advertisement

That would work but if you connect to the net with a vodafone sim using the ISP access point it's only 19c per MB on prepay, so little more than 10p as to make the hassle of a UK sim card unnecessary.

Personally I just have a data add on :)

Advertisement