Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

censuspro wrote: »
    Exactly!

Are you definitely on the latest version, v1.96.1?

I thought I'd fixed that problem for client side but it's definitely fixed on the server so if you click more->configuration and tick "Send messages via intermediate server" it should work until I figure out why it's not working client side

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mauro.sk

Hi Sam
    I use cabbagetexter on my phone to call the script on my domain.

its http://mauro.sk/sms/send.php

I just changed server in sending profiles so it's being called exacly same as on your server.

Still no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hi Sam,

I am already using the powermyphone server.
    Any other ideas

J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Getting an error when I try to open Cabbage V1.96.1:

Cabbage
    Error. Program must quit:Invalid procedure call or argument
    OK

and then when I click ok it gives me:

Cabbage
    Run-time error '364':

Object was unloaded
    OK

Just reinstalled without any change. Is this related to saved settings or something?

PC is Windows Xp SP3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 leoshiner

getting a null2 error when trying to send messages,Was working fine,I have Vodafone MISP set up and it was working up until a few days ago.my phone model is sony ericsson w205,anyone know what the problem could be.phone is then stuck on sending screen

• Advertisement

leoshiner wrote: »
    getting a null2 error when trying to send messages,Was working fine,I have Vodafone MISP set up and it was working up until a few days ago.my phone model is sony ericsson w205,anyone know what the problem could be.phone is then stuck on sending screen

my mistake think I was installing the jad file and not the jar file

censuspro wrote: »
    Exactly!

Can you make sure you're on version 1.96.1 and click more->configuration and make sure "send messages via intermediate server" is ticked.

And click more->manage servers and make sure http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php is ticked. The only other thing I can think of is you have the login details entered incorrectly which you can verify by clicking more->Manage logins and edit it.
    jarvis wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

I am already using the powermyphone server.
    Any other ideas

J

What phone do you have?

What access point are you using? (if you don't know how to check tell me what phone you have and I'll explain

Can you try installing the latest version by entering this address on your phone: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl.174. Uninstall it first to remove anything that might be interfering
    John_Mc wrote: »
    Getting an error when I try to open Cabbage V1.96.1:

Cabbage
    Error. Program must quit:Invalid procedure call or argument
    OK

and then when I click ok it gives me:

Cabbage
    Run-time error '364':

Object was unloaded
    OK

Just reinstalled without any change. Is this related to saved settings or something?

PC is Windows Xp SP3.
    It looks like one of your settings files has become corrupt.

This is a bit tricky but can you rename the folder:
    c:\documents and settings\<your username>\local settings\Application data\cabbage
    (or you can get directly to it by entering %appdata%\cabbage in the address bar)

That will make the program start from scratch and it should load. Then in the new folder that it created to replace the one you renamed you can put the settings files back one by one and restart the program until you get the error again. You can do without most of the files but add them back in this order:

book.txt (your phone book)
    logins171.txt (your logins)
    vars.txt (your program settings. This is most likely the problem)
    history.txt
    historycache.txt
    group.txt (your contact groups)

Don't worry about the rest of the files. Let me know at what stage you get the error
    my mistake think I was installing the jad file and not the jar file

So it's all working now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'd have to look in the code tbh. When sending a message it loads a second exe in the background. The exe creates a file when it's finished and the main program keeps scanning the directory for it until it finds it. The scanning code is only supposed to scan while waiting for the other exe to return but maybe the timer isn't being disabled. I'll look into it anyway.

hey Sam, there's plenty of activity here so I'll keep it short.... just a follow up on the above I/O message... that I notice via TaskManager that Cabbage is reading 34 bytes every second while sitting in the tray.
    Hope this feedback helps future development!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    hey Sam, there's plenty of activity here so I'll keep it short.... just a follow up on the above I/O message... that I notice via TaskManager that Cabbage is reading 34 bytes every second while sitting in the tray.
    Hope this feedback helps future development!
    Thanks. Haven't had a chance to look into it yet but when I do I'll post it here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm having problems sending to smsdiscount. I keep getting invalid login

From the scripts you use

https://myaccount.smsdiscount.com/clx/sendsms.php?...

as the URL but on their site they say

https://www.smsdiscount.com/myaccount/sendsms.php?..

is the url.

From my browser I can send to the new one but not the old one. Do you know if they made changes recently? Or has anyone else reported errors with this?

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    I'm having problems sending to smsdiscount. I keep getting invalid login

From the scripts you use

https://myaccount.smsdiscount.com/clx/sendsms.php?...

as the URL but on their site they say

https://www.smsdiscount.com/myaccount/sendsms.php?..

is the url.

From my browser I can send to the new one but not the old one. Do you know if they made changes recently? Or has anyone else reported errors with this?

Hi, it looks like you're using an older version of the scripts. try the latest ones:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send_scripts.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Hi, it looks like you're using an older version of the scripts. try the latest ones:

http://cabbagetexter.com/send_scripts.zip

Thanks I'll update to them.

I'm getting the error when using Cabbage on my desktop with the http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php script. Is that server using the old version?

Should I use the powermyphone server?

matrim wrote: »
    Thanks I'll update to them.

I'm getting the error when using Cabbage on my desktop with the http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php script. Is that server using the old version?

Should I use the powermyphone server?

The scripts are fine but there's a problem with the program. It's set to connect directly to the smsdiscount website and bypass the script even if you have the program set to send via the server and I never updated the client side code when smsdiscount changed their interface. I've made the change and I'll release it in a proper version soon but for the moment download this file:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagesender.exe

and put it in the folder "%appdata%\cabbage" (copy and paste that address without the quotes into the windows explorer address bar)

Replace the cabbagesender.exe that's already there

sendic wrote: »
    Can send to an irish number using 086xxxxxxx or +35386xxxxxxx. When i try an american number using either +1xxxxxxxxxx or 001xxxxxxxxxx i get a cannot connect to network site message. Thanks

Are you still having this problem? Sending to american numbers is working for me. Is it only american numbers, do you have a number from another country you can check?
    jarvis wrote: »
    Hi Sam,
    On mobile with meteor, getting "could not connect to network site" constantly. need to attempt about 9 times before 1 text will send. Going on about 2 weeks now.

Any suggestions?

Is this still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

Just tried it there now. It will send to irish numbers but not american numbers. When i try to 'send to many' and choose an irish number and an american number neither of them go through. I'm on meteor. When i hit the check for updates on the cabbage menu it says i have the latest version
    Are you still having this problem? Sending to american numbers is working for me. Is it only american numbers, do you have a number from another country you can check?

Is this still happening?

Just tried it there now. It will send to irish numbers but not american numbers. When i try to 'send to many' and choose an irish number and an american number neither of them go through. I'm on meteor.

Could you pm me your login for voipcheap so I can try it for myself? At least one person has reported problems before that happened with his account but not mine

I'll have to send a few messages to figure out the problem

Just sent you a pm. Thanks a million
    Could you pm me your login for voipcheap so I can try it for myself? At least one person has reported problems before that happened with his account but not mine

I'll have to send a few messages to figure out the problem

I'm having a problem sending from my sony ericsson W205 on the vodafone network,I can send a text to someone the first time but when I try to send another text to the same recipient the screen goes blank and I'm back to the main screen.This will keep occurring until I send to a different number and I will be able to send a few texts to that number until the same issue happens again.I'm thinking it may be an issue with the handset or the network although it is not happening every time I try to send a text through cabbagetexter,anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

Hi Sam,

i've used up my freedays for voipcheap so will have used up all my credit there soon on phonecalls. Was thinking of moving over to one of the other betamax sites, smsdiscount maybe. Will they work for me do you think? Thanks

I'm having a problem sending from my sony ericsson W205 on the vodafone network,I can send a text to someone the first time but when I try to send another text to the same recipient the screen goes blank and I'm back to the main screen.This will keep occurring until I send to a different number and I will be able to send a few texts to that number until the same issue happens again.I'm thinking it may be an issue with the handset or the network although it is not happening every time I try to send a text through cabbagetexter,anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

I haven't seen that myself. I'll look into it and get back to you
    Hi Sam,

i've used up my freedays for voipcheap so will have used up all my credit there soon on phonecalls. Was thinking of moving over to one of the other betamax sites, smsdiscount maybe. Will they work for me do you think? Thanks

Don't see why not. It's working fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just got a strange problem, first time ever.

Cabbage gave a run time error, didn't catch the number but it said permission denied in the pop up box too, I pressed ok, went to desktop and cabbage had disappeared :eek:

The message I had just sent, delivered though :confused:

cormie wrote: »
    Just got a strange problem, first time ever.

Cabbage gave a run time error, didn't catch the number but it said permission denied in the pop up box too, I pressed ok, went to desktop and cabbage had disappeared :eek:

Have you got this error since and did you take a note of it? Could you pinpoint exactly when it happened? As soon as you clicked send, while it was sending or when the success/fail message was received?
    cormie wrote: »
    The message I had just sent, delivered though :confused:

If it finished the initial sending procedure it would still send because that's handled in the background by a separate exe so that the interface doesn't freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

pretty sure it happened after a few seconds because I think I had already opened up another window doing something else! Will take note if it happens again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭tophurler

Hi,

I downloaded Cabbage 1.74 today onto my Samsung Tocco, I'm with O2 and when I try to send a message I get the response 'Unexpected Response Format'.

I've doubled checked all the details, Login/Password etc. and it's all correct, Anyone have a similar problem and find a way to fix it?

Thanks
    TH

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

tophurler wrote: »
    Hi,

I downloaded Cabbage 1.74 today onto my Samsung Tocco, I'm with O2 and when I try to send a message I get the response 'Unexpected Response Format'.

I've doubled checked all the details, Login/Password etc. and it's all correct, Anyone have a similar problem and find a way to fix it?

Thanks
    TH

Had the same problem early yesterday. Then Cabbage worked fine a few hours later. O2's fault..?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Had the same problem early yesterday. Then Cabbage worked fine a few hours later. O2's fault..?

Yep, I'll blame O2, got the error around tea-time again tonight, but texts are sending fine now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

looks o2 acting up again. Unexpected response format. Website was working fine though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ceoexec2

can anyone explain what this program does and how to use it. the thread is too big and i cant make sense of it. thanks to anyone who can help

tophurler wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    TH
    Yep, I'll blame O2, got the error around tea-time again tonight, but texts are sending fine now :)
    HarryD wrote: »
    looks o2 acting up again. Unexpected response format. Website was working fine though .

Are you all still having problems? It's working for me now

• Advertisement

ceoexec2 wrote: »
    can anyone explain what this program does and how to use it. the thread is too big and i cant make sense of it. thanks to anyone who can help

Your mobile network allows you to send up to 600 texts* from their websites for free each month. In order to use them you need to set up the account and get your password. If you don't know how to do that call your network and they'll explain, it's very straightforward.

You download the program, either the desktop or mobile version, and fill in your phone number, password and network and it allows you to use the web texts. On the desktop version it saves you the hassle of opening up the browser and logging in each time and gives you features that the websites don't offer and with the mobile version it costs about 2c to send a text wherever you are in the world so it can save you money.

If you have free any network texts with your network it's not much use in Ireland but with vodafone and O2 you can send international webtexts saving yourself about 23c per text and you can use it abroad too to avoid paying the roaming text charge. Personally I'm on a tariff that gives cheaper calls instead of free texts and use cabbage instead. Any questions :)

*O2 gives 250 (international)
    Meteor gives 300
    3 gives 333
    Vodafone gives 600 (international)

Advertisement