Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Will this work on a N900? I'm with O2 PAYG and I would'nt mind using a desktop text program like this. PC suite and Ovi suite don't seem to be working properly when I hook the N900 up to them.

I'm not that technical when it comes to phone stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Will this work on a N900? I'm with O2 PAYG and I would'nt mind using a desktop text program like this. PC suite and Ovi suite don't seem to be working properly when I hook the N900 up to them.

I've a program called webtexter for the N900. It's only in the testing repository at the moment and I've to wait for it to get enough votes to be in the main repository

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

HarryD wrote: »
    Seems to be working now. I didnt change anything.
    Harry
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    It has started working fine all of a sudden :)

I did not do anything, already had the latest version.

Good to hear it's working again, I'd love to take the credit :D
    sioda wrote: »
    Upgraded to 1.74 and still no change :(
    Is yours working now too or are you still having problems?
    jarvis wrote: »
    sorry for not setting back Sam.
    It's not happening anymore, when it does happen every now and then, I have to log onto mymeteor website and before it lets me log in i have to enter the 4 random digit thing. It's happened a few times now. Once I do this, I can use cabbage mobile again. Why would this happen...... are they onto us????

Thanks Sam.

If you don't log out when you finish sending a text and go back later it asks you to fill in that page for security reasons. When the script is finished it's supposed to log out which prevents the 4 random digits thing but if there's a problem, ie the website is slow or there's some instability in the connection the script might not finish correctly, leaving you logged in so when you go back later the script can't get past the 4 digit thing and fails. I'll see if there's anything I can do to stop it entirely. One thing you can do is always let it finish sending and return the result, try not to cut it off mid-send.
    cormie wrote: »
    Just received a text from a VF customer using cabbage on their PC. It came in two parts after 160chars, I forget, did o2 do the same before they upgraded their online text system? Do all VF texts come in parts from cabbage?
    All VF messages come in parts with or without cabbage. With O2 they come all in one text but vodafone still breaks them up. From the vodafone site:
    Sending long text messages

Have more to say than you can fit in 160 characters? Sure don't we all!

You can now send up to 3 text messages as one related set of messages! Just type your message and send it as normal, and if your message exceeds 160 characters in length your friends will receive it as 2 or 3 text messages. Give it a try and see how it works!

I think you're confused about how it works. You don't have to have your phone attached to your computer to use the program, it uses the free web texts that your network operator gives you. Normally you have to log into their website to use them. You just fill in your phone number, network and the password you use to log into the website and away you go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Sorry sam still the same happy new year *edit* deleted and reinstalled and all good. Thanks sam my most used mobile app

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

Hi there!
    First of all, great app.
    But I'm getting the errors "Could not connect to network site" when using the web-based texter with my o2 account. I use the same login as I use with the desktop app and that sends messages fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a mill

• Advertisement

condor26 wrote: »
    Hi there!
    First of all, great app.
    But I'm getting the errors "Could not connect to network site" when using the web-based texter with my o2 account. I use the same login as I use with the desktop app and that sends messages fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a mill

Are you still having this problem? The web base one is working fine for me with an o2 account.

Is anyone else having the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

Hi,

thanks for the reply,
    I deleted my login and set it up again, its working fine now!
    Not sure what had happened but no bother, they're sending now.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Hi Sam, using Cabbage latest version on Nokia E51 with 02 - has been working fine but tried it yesterday and today and keep getting the message unexpected response (-5) - any ideas? Thanks Kilsmum p.s. I tried it on the phone for Meteor and 3 and they are both working fine......

It looks like O2 is down. When I try to send a text on the website I get:

An Error occurred.
    Please try again in a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hi Sam,

I have been using the app without problems on XP SP3.
    Now I downloaded for Vista Home and I it keeps crashing after I press the Send button.
    I have downloaded the latest version and I also tried the non install version.
    Error below:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: cabbagesender.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4ac1dc56
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_27f2
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000111ff
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 27f2
    Additional Information 2: 325055436168101a578479ab72a66d1a
    Additional Information 3: 21e2
    Additional Information 4: c8b0deb27397de66dbbb0cb7ca788765

Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

• Advertisement

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

I have been using the app without problems on XP SP3.
    Now I downloaded for Vista Home and I it keeps crashing after I press the Send button.
    I have downloaded the latest version and I also tried the non install version.
    Error below:

Hi, I use it on vista myself. Could you try completely uninstalling it and removing the program files, then reinstalling it?

The files are in the directory C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cabbage

The AppData directory might be hidden btw so either set it to show hidden folders or paste that address into the windows explorer address bar and change it to your username.

You should keep a back up of the directory. Maybe just rename it instead of deleting it.

edit: do you have the .net framework 2.0 installed?

Hey Sam, thanks for the reply.
    Tried that. Same problem. Seems to be the cabbagesender.exe thats having problems.
    Yes I have .net 2.0 installed.

I'll have a mess around with :D

** UPDATE **

Downloaded the .net 3.5 SP 1 update and it's working now.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Sam,

There's a minor bug in the web-based version of Cabbage. It seems that if you accidentally add a number to the phonebook without giving the contact a name, you then can't delete that contact from the phonebook, nor can you add the number again and put a name with it. Any way this could be changed when you get a chance please?

Thanks!

Breezer wrote: »
    Sam,

There's a minor bug in the web-based version of Cabbage. It seems that if you accidentally add a number to the phonebook without giving the contact a name, you then can't delete that contact from the phonebook, nor can you add the number again and put a name with it. Any way this could be changed when you get a chance please?

Thanks!

Fixed :)

And I changed it so you can't add an entry with a blank name.

I really should revamp that whole thing to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

hey has phone app stopped working . Its sayin cant connect to network on my n95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mono_mac wrote: »
    hey has phone app stopped working . Its sayin cant connect to network on my n95
    I've just tested it there and it's working for me.

Phone: Nokia n95 8GB on Vodafone Prepay ISP APN
    Login: Vodafone
    Server: http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Try changing your server to the one I'm using above and see if that makes a difference.

Random wrote: »
    I've just tested it there and it's working for me.

Phone: Nokia n95 8GB on Vodafone Prepay ISP APN
    Login: Vodafone
    Server: http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Try changing your server to the one I'm using above and see if that makes a difference.
    Sorry how do i do that

sorry found it , but mine is set to that already

You're probably using that server already but anyway try going to options > accounts > options > edit server.

Have you changed anything on your phone recently?

What network is your webtext login with?

• Advertisement

wierd but workin now . Sorry and thanks for help

i am on vodafone . . And have a o2 and vodafone account on my cabbage . Workin perfect now , thanks

Must be just one of those things then :)

thanks anyway

I can see I'm not needed here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 schemiedave

Hi,

I was in touch a while back about using Cabbage with a blackberry. Having now fully taken to smart phones I'm looking at getting a Nokia N900.

As I'm abroad I find it really handy to use Cabbage to text people back in Ireland. Does Cabbage support the Nokia N900? Having looked on the phone spec it doesn't have the required Java.

Will the work or is there an alternative out there?

Thanks in advance again,

Dave.

Hi,

I was in touch a while back about using Cabbage with a blackberry. Having now fully taken to smart phones I'm looking at getting a Nokia N900.

As I'm abroad I find it really handy to use Cabbage to text people back in Ireland. Does Cabbage support the Nokia N900? Having looked on the phone spec it doesn't have the required Java.

Will the work or is there an alternative out there?

Thanks in advance again,

Dave.
    Hi, Cabbage won't work on the N900. There is a very basic web based version of it that you can use:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/web/login.htm

And a boards member is making an app for the N900 but I don't know if it's available yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Just found out about this program today.

Using Vodafone pre-pay and Cabbage Mobile 1.74 it's cost me about 6c per text -- still a nice saving on international texts -- but the first post says it should only be costing ~2c.

Have I to mess around with settings or is this correct?

Farcear wrote: »
    Just found out about this program today.

Using Vodafone pre-pay and Cabbage Mobile 1.74 it's cost me about 6c per text -- still a nice saving on international texts -- but the first post says it should only be costing ~2c.

Have I to mess around with settings or is this correct?

6c doesn't sound right. What phone do you have and are you using the Vodafone Live access point or the Vodafone ISP one?

Are they all invariably 6c each?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Send 2 texts to check, both 6c each.

Using a new SonyEricsson w595 with the default settings.

How can I check whether I'm using using the Vodafone Live access point or the Vodafone ISP one?

Advertisement