Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Sam I downloaded and installed 1.96.2. but when its open....it keeps beeping when I click on anything and won't let me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Sam I downloaded and installed 1.96.2. but when its open....it keeps beeping when I click on anything and won't let me in.

Can you uninstall it and reinstall it? I just noticed that the uninstall option on the start menu doesn't seem to work but if you go into control panel and Add remove programs (or programs and features on vista/ win 7) you should be able to remove it. The difference is that on this new version it removes all the files that are related to the program during the uninstall procedure so when you reinstall it it should be back to the default settings.

If you want to keep a backup of the files before they're deleted, open up a folder (any folder e.g. my documents) and in the address bar type %appdata% and press enter (make sure to put the % signs both before and after appdata).

In the folder that opens you should see a folder called cabbage. Copy that folder somewhere else and all your logins/contacts will be saved. Putting them back can be a bit tricky so if this solves the problem let me know and I'll tell you how you should do it. You can't just copy them all back in or the problem will most likely come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Msg sent.
    Warning: unlink(cookiebank/0860747*****619) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/cabbage/public_html/met.send.php on line 89
    -5 msgs left

Seems to work fine but thought I'd let you know. Great work work Sam, its really appreciated.

artielange wrote: »
    Msg sent.
    Warning: unlink(cookiebank/0860747*****619) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/cabbage/public_html/met.send.php on line 89
    -5 msgs left

Seems to work fine but thought I'd let you know. Great work work Sam, its really appreciated.

Where are you getting this error, desktop, mobile or web based? There seems to be a problem with the meteor website at the moment which is probably causing it

Sorry Sam

that's from the web based version using meteor

• Advertisement

I knew you would know. Cheers Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 davidcorry

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Are your problems gone too davidcorry?

No still the same as of today. Can't access recents texts or check how many texts remaining. Its on a sony eric phone. My texts definitely are sending, just its telling me it cant connect to the server

Sam I couldn't sort the problem out no matter what I did, but finally got round it by setting the login details under my spare phone (number)

damm got one text sent successfully and now its saying the usual, invalid login details.

davidcorry wrote: »
    No still the same as of today. Can't access recents texts or check how many texts remaining. Its on a sony eric phone. My texts definitely are sending, just its telling me it cant connect to the server

What happens when you check for updates?
    Sam I couldn't sort the problem out no matter what I did, but finally got round it by setting the login details under my spare phone (number) its grrrreat to be back. :)

Very strange. Do you have any odd characters in your password, like a percent sign or something? Are you 100% sure you entered them correctly?

ok bit of an update...though not fully tested but looks good, when I open cabbage it asks me to Enter You, I never used to get this message all the time anyway, but I used to enter my name and ph number, but just now I entered my name and O2 password and hey pressto...

Will I keep getting this msg Enter You,,, it will be a bit of a pain. thanks Sam.

Edit Its gone back into bleeping mode, it really is fighting me, Did uninstall and reinstall but It doesn't seem to be removing all of the old one.

• Advertisement

ok bit of an update...though not fully tested but looks good, when I open cabbage it asks me to Enter You, I never used to get this message all the time anyway, but I used to enter my name and ph number, but just now I entered my name and O2 password and hey pressto...

Will I keep getting this msg Enter You,,, it will be a bit of a pain. thanks Sam.

I don't understand what you mean by "enter you". What exactly appears on the screen when you open the program?

I don't understand what you mean by "enter you". What exactly appears on the screen when you open the program?

I set up the new login details and sent off a successful text. Next time I clicked on cabbage the usual window opened with a smaller window inside, with text Enter You...... and my name there and then a box with no title on it.....which I presumed was for my phone number or password.

I set up the new login details and sent off a successful text. Next time I clicked on cabbage the usual window opened with a smaller window inside, with text Enter You...... and my name there and then a box with no title on it.....which I presumed was for my phone number or password.

That's very strange. I assume you've tried completely removing the program and downloading it again?

What's the model number of your phone by the way?

That's very strange. I assume you've tried completely removing the program and downloading it again?

What's the model number of your phone by the way?

to be honest I think there is a bug probably at my end or some of the old software is not been removed completely even though I did an uninstall in add n remove programmes several times now. My password is simple eg 1234abc

The phone I've been using for last few years until tonight, was Nokia 6300 my spare phone is Nokia 2760 and O/S windows XP. and with O2.

I wont let it beat me:D

to be honest I think there is a bug probably at my end or some of the old software is not been removed completely even though I did an uninstall in add n remove programmes several times now. My password is simple eg 1234abc

The phone I've been using for last few years until tonight, was Nokia 6300 my spare phone is Nokia 2760 and O/S windows XP. and with O2.

I wont let it beat me:D

Can other java applications access the internet on your phone?

Try downloading opera mini and see if it works. Go to m.opera.com on your phone to download it

What happens when you check for updates?

It says "You have the latest version" version 1.74.

The remaining messages option does work. The server in accounts is set at http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

My texts are sending but the result saying "Could not connect to the server." I cant add new contacts because of this.

Should i uninstall it and then reinstall? Im sure its prob to do with o2. Anyway thanks in advance

It says "You have the latest version" version 1.74.

The remaining messages option does work. The server in accounts is set at http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

My texts are sending but the result saying "Could not connect to the server." I cant add new contacts because of this.

Should i uninstall it and then reinstall? Im sure its prob to do with o2. Anyway thanks in advance

You can't add new contacts because that's a bug that I need to fix :)

Yes I think you should uninstall and reinstall it. What's the format of the number you're sending to by the way, e.g. 0861234567, +353861234567, 00353861234567 or a foreign number?

You can't add new contacts because that's a bug that I need to fix :)

Yes I think you should uninstall and reinstall it. What's the format of the number you're sending to by the way, e.g. 0861234567, +353861234567, 00353861234567 or a foreign number?

they're all in 086xxxxxxx

Ill uninstall it and reinstall and let you know how it works, is there any way of saving my cabbage contacts? Thanks

they're all in 086xxxxxxx

Ill uninstall it and reinstall and let you know how it works, is there any way of saving my cabbage contacts? Thanks

Not really no but if you use the desktop version you can import them again. I can show you how once you reinstall it

Not really no but if you use the desktop version you can import them again. I can show you how once you reinstall it

Reinstalling it now, i forget, what goes under the Login Name?

• Advertisement

Reinstalling it now, i forget, what goes under the Login Name?

Whatever you want. It only matters for the voipcheap type logins

Yeah Sam, its all working now as per usual, thanks for your help. Much appreciated
    Which number format is recommended? 086, +35386 or 0035386

Yeah Sam, its all working now as per usual, thanks for your help. Much appreciated
    Which number format is recommended? 086, +35386 or 0035386

They should all be fine, I was just wondering so I could check it out. It was foreign numbers I was mostly wondering about.

Glad you got it working anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sam, thank you very much for this wonderful application!

However, one question, is it possible to make it portable?

So it does not store information in user's "Application Data" folder and instead stores information and all the data in the folder that the executable is in? basically working out of one folder?

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Sam, thank you very much for this wonderful application!

However, one question, is it possible to make it portable?

So it does not store information in user's "Application Data" folder and instead stores information and all the data in the folder that the executable is in? basically working out of one folder?

Yes it is. Click more->configuration->keep application data in Cabbage folder

That option won't work if you have the program installed in the program files directory due to security problems. You'd be best off downloading the version without an installer and extracting it somewhere other than the program files folder.

When you extract it you should also take the two files cabbagesender.exe and cabbagesender2.exe and copy them into the cabbage folder in the user's application data folder (before you tick the option so they get copied)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 breda206

brill, thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Yes it is. Click more->configuration->keep application data in Cabbage folder

That option won't work if you have the program installed in the program files directory due to security problems. You'd be best off downloading the version without an installer and extracting it somewhere other than the program files folder.

When you extract it you should also take the two files cabbagesender.exe and cabbagesender2.exe and copy them into the cabbage folder in the user's application data folder (before you tick the option so they get copied)

Awesome!

Thanks a lot Sam!

Can other java applications access the internet on your phone?

Try downloading opera mini and see if it works. Go to m.opera.com on your phone to download it

Sam I dunno what the gremlins were but we seem to be firing on all 4 cylinders now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

I've just installed the latest mobile version over the original oldest version on a Nokia E51, using Upcode for the mobilecode on the cabbagetexter website

I re-entered the account details as they don't seem to have been kept, though I thought I said yes when asked about keeping application data, but that doesn't matter.

I can't send. I get an immediate message Could not connect to the server. But there is no pop-up to ask which access point should be used.

If I go to Check for updates, I do get the pop-up, select my wi-fi, and am told fairly quickly I have the latest version.

Then I can see the logo that the wi-fi is still connected, so try sending again. Still the immediate reply about could not connect

Should I try removing this and re-installing it, or can/shall I perhaps go back to an older version?

• Advertisement

andy0 wrote: »
    I've just installed the latest mobile version over the original oldest version on a Nokia E51, using Upcode for the mobilecode on the cabbagetexter website

I re-entered the account details as they don't seem to have been kept, though I thought I said yes when asked about keeping application data, but that doesn't matter.

I can't send. I get an immediate message Could not connect to the server. But there is no pop-up to ask which access point should be used.

If I go to Check for updates, I do get the pop-up, select my wi-fi, and am told fairly quickly I have the latest version.

Then I can see the logo that the wi-fi is still connected, so try sending again. Still the immediate reply about could not connect

Should I try removing this and re-installing it, or can/shall I perhaps go back to an older version?

The oldest version won't keep the data when updating to the newest version. I changed the way the data was stored months ago and for a while I had code running to convert the old format to the new one but I took it out in the latest versions because I thought people would have had enough time to update by now. Looks like I was wrong :)

Uninstall the program altogether and install it again and see if that's any better

Advertisement