Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kilsmum wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Tried downloading Cabbagetexter to my Samsung Cara - Im getting an error message "no existing contents" and then the installatioit might be n cancels itself - any ideas on what Im doing wrong?

Thanks Kilsmum;););););)

Hi, I googled that error and it suggested it might be the same problem that BlackWizard was having so can you try the link I gave him?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Sam - did as you said - Thanks very much!! Cabbage is installed and working away - Cheers and Thanks again! Kilsmum :):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone having trouble sending msg on O2 tonight, keep getting error failed, working grand last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

I got errors with O2 earlier, then visited the website and it said webtext was offline for maintenance.

It's back now. Cabbage said unexpected response (-5), but it turned out website reckoned 2 texts were sent. Neither was received though. Then a few minutes later I sent a third, and it pushed the others through so they all arrived together. 4th message was fine and near instant. When I sent a query about remaining messages it said -5 messages left. Maybe they've changed the format of something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

error (-8) precheck invalid response. on o2. have o2 changed the layout of their text web site?

• Advertisement

Praetorian wrote: »
    error (-8) precheck invalid response. on o2. have o2 changed the layout of their text web site?

Yes they have. There's a new version available on the website now to fix the problem. Mobile users won't have to do anything, it should already be working for them again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Quick work Sam, as per usual :) This is the first time I've had to update my version in ages!

Any new perks to O2's new text system? More than 250 texts maybe?

Sam just one more little nag thing. You know the way you can search for people by typing in the number box? Well for example, if you had 50 people saved in your phone book that you knew from say a honey appreciating society and they all had honey in their name, so joe honey, frankie honey etc, right now if you search for honey (on the desktop size version anyway), you can only see the first 13 and a half entries, if you use the arrow keys to go down the list, it doesn't scroll with the selection bar, so the blue bar that goes down with each press of the down key, will go below the 13.5 but you can't see it after the 13th basically so you don't know what contact it's on. Would it be possible to have the list follow the bar so you can see who's highlighted?

cormie wrote: »
    Quick work Sam, as per usual :) This is the first time I've had to update my version in ages!

Any new perks to O2's new text system? More than 250 texts maybe?

I've no idea if there are any functionality updates, I just changed the few bits necessary to get it working again. If anyone spots anything new let me know and I'll see if I can include it

Sam just one more little nag thing. You know the way you can search for people by typing in the number box? Well for example, if you had 50 people saved in your phone book that you knew from say a honey appreciating society and they all had honey in their name, so joe honey, frankie honey etc, right now if you search for honey (on the desktop size version anyway), you can only see the first 13 and a half entries, if you use the arrow keys to go down the list, it doesn't scroll with the selection bar, so the blue bar that goes down with each press of the down key, will go below the 13.5 but you can't see it after the 13th basically so you don't know what contact it's on. Would it be possible to have the list follow the bar so you can see who's highlighted?
    Yeah it should be possible to do that. I'll get back to you about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Amazing work Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

aw lovely jubbley... nice one Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Logged onto O2 to check the new layout, tried sending an sms international, didn't work. Tried again, same. Worked on Cabbage 1st time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm getting Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site

I'm connecting using Three. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ryderster

hey sam,
    getting -5 response when i try send a meteor message!!

Invalid response received (tried to parse a page and couldn't find expected text)
    ???

does it work for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm getting Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site

I'm connecting using Three. Any ideas?

I was trying that from my desktop.

But it seems to work on my phone which is a an E71. I had to download that link that was given to me of the older version.

But it only works using wireless internet. It doesnt seem to work using the 3 network :confused:

edit: It's working fine now. Maybe it was a reception issue.

It's working fine for me ryderster. Maybe you were having the same problem as BlackWizard? Is it still not working for you?

I'm using it with a 3 sim at the moment (meteor account though) so Maybe it's a meteor network problem?

Hey Sam,
    I notice in the new version that even though I have "store message history" and "delete history on exit" ticked, that it's not deleting history like it used to (every time I shut down the computer). Is there any way to get it back to doing that? My reason was that I really only ever used the history to double check whether I actually sent a message that day or not but to keep it tidy by deleting the history upon shut down.

Bear in mind that the version I had before the latest one hadn't been updated in months so I couldn't tell you which version it worked in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GerryTheLeper

edit: nevermind, fixed :P. Great program!

Hey Sam,
    I notice in the new version that even though I have "store message history" and "delete history on exit" ticked, that it's not deleting history like it used to (every time I shut down the computer). Is there any way to get it back to doing that? My reason was that I really only ever used the history to double check whether I actually sent a message that day or not but to keep it tidy by deleting the history upon shut down.

Bear in mind that the version I had before the latest one hadn't been updated in months so I couldn't tell you which version it worked in :o

I'll have to fix that. I changed the way the history is presented and put in an extra file that caches your most recent messages. I forgot to update the history deleting functionality to delete the cache file too. Until I get around to it you can get rid of it by deleting the file "%appdata%\cabbage\historycache.txt"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm still using AFT from my phone. Ever since O2 updated their site it keeps coming up 'There was a problem sending your message, invalid account' but it still sends. Any ideas why this error message comes up?

Also I assume Cabbage is a much better programme yes?

I'm still using AFT from my phone. Ever since O2 updated their site it keeps coming up 'There was a problem sending your message, invalid account' but it still sends. Any ideas why this error message comes up?

Also I assume Cabbage is a much better programme yes?

I wouldn't say cabbage is a better program necessarily, they both do pretty much the same job. I haven't used AFT in ages so I don't know what kind of features it has now.

The error you're getting is coming up because O2 changed their website slightly so the part that actually sends the message is the same but it returns a different response. The old scripts are looking for the old response and report failure because it can't find it even though the text did actually send. Dal will have to update the scripts on his website to fix the error.

I've put the new scripts up on my website for download so anyone who has their own copy can take them

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

will cabbage work on a mac? i was just trying it there and i get a big screen of text.

No it won't. There's another program called JSMS that works on a mac

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'll have to fix that. I changed the way the history is presented and put in an extra file that caches your most recent messages. I forgot to update the history deleting functionality to delete the cache file too. Until I get around to it you can get rid of it by deleting the file "%appdata%\cabbage\historycache.txt"

Cool thanks,

Another little bug just discovered now, I don't know how it happened, it hasn't before, even on the new version, but I sent a text and now when I pick another name, the number doesn't change, and even if I pick another name and write a text, it will go to the last number which could cause some bother.

Cool thanks,

Another little bug just discovered now, I don't know how it happened, it hasn't before, even on the new version, but I sent a text and now when I pick another name, the number doesn't change, and even if I pick another name and write a text, it will go to the last number which could cause some bother.

You're absolutely right. Fixed now:

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.96.4.exe

or

http://cabbagetexter.com/cababge_1.96.4.zip

cool, were you able to reproduce the problem yourself? I tried again and it happened again, installed new one and it seems to be fixed :)

Hopefully others will see it and wont be sending texts meant for their girlfriends to their mothers or anything :eek:

cool, were you able to reproduce the problem yourself? I tried again and it happened again, installed new one and it seems to be fixed :)

Hopefully others will see it and wont be sending texts meant for their girlfriends to their mothers or anything :eek:

I was able to reproduce it and I hope do too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Sam,

I'm seeing the same bug that cormie described above (I've had it for a while but it never bothered me). Anyway I've tried 1.96.4 and I'm still getting the same bug!

When I select a different name in the dropdown, it's not changing the number in the textbox.

• Advertisement

Hi Sam,

I'm seeing the same bug that cormie described above (I've had it for a while but it never bothered me). Anyway I've tried 1.96.4 and I'm still getting the same bug!

Odd. Could you describe to me the exact steps you take to see the bug?

Advertisement