Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I usually have cabbage open all day. Normally I don't see the bug till I've sent a few messages, so I'm not 100% sure how to reproduce the problem.

Edit: It's just happened again. I tried to remember the exact steps but can't reproduce it, sorry! I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Odd. Could you describe to me the exact steps you take to see the bug?

I've come accross this also, generally happens if I use the auto complete by typing the persons name, lets say I type contact name "Dad", it will load his number, now if I try another contact my dads one stays!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 muzzik

I have a bug to report where if I have two google accounts (each with their own contacts) Cabbage Mobile on Android will only display contacts from the first (primary) account.

As my personal contacts are actually stored on the second account, it makes the contact lookup redundant.

Is there any fix for this planned?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey Sam, another thing (bug?) that maybe you should correct. If you have sent a text that has failed and then you send another to another contact (so they are chosen in the to field) and then you go back to edit the text that failed, the recipient remains as the one who you last sent a text to. It would probably be better if it changed to the recipient intended for the edited text? :)

I finally got around to a little donation too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Is it possible to put the sent message into the outbox folder of my phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cormie wrote: »
    Hey Sam, another thing (bug?) that maybe you should correct. If you have sent a text that has failed and then you send another to another contact (so they are chosen in the to field) and then you go back to edit the text that failed, the recipient remains as the one who you last sent a text to. It would probably be better if it changed to the recipient intended for the edited text? :)

I'm not following. I'm not sure what you mean by "go back to edit the text that failed". Do you mean that you:

1. try to send a text to a number that fails
    2. Change the "To" field to another number, write another text and send it successfully
    3. Select the previous message from the history (?) and when you click "forward" it changes the recipient to the previous one?

Or could you describe to me the steps to reproduce this?
    I finally got around to a little donation too :)

I saw that. Thanks very much :)

Is it possible to put the sent message into the outbox folder of my phone?

Hi, no it's not I'm afraid. Java mobile is quite limited in what it can do and it has no access to the phone's inbox/outbox/sent box. You can see your recent texts in the program though

I'm not following. I'm not sure what you mean by "go back to edit the text that failed". Do you mean that you:

1. try to send a text to a number that fails
    2. Change the "To" field to another number, write another text and send it successfully
    3. Select the previous message from the history (?) and when you click "forward" it changes the recipient to the previous one?

Or could you describe to me the steps to reproduce this?

I saw that. Thanks very much :)

More than welcome :)

Since o2 is now working, and sending the texts, you can reproduce this by typing a text and sending it (to yourself would be best), then immediately close cabbage. You'll probably get the text but if you open cabbage again, it will still be in the outbox. So that's how you reproduce the text to be in the outbox anyway.

Now if you send a text to Bob and it sends no problem, and now you know o2 is back online so you try to send the old text to the same person again, but before you want to send it, you want to add something like "sorry for late reply had no credit and webtext was down", if you click edit to write that, bob will still be in the "To" field, rather than who the text in the outbox was for (yourself). Just think it would be better and wouldn't cause any mis sent texts to the wrong people that if you chose to edit something in the outbox, it replaced Bob with whoever the text was intended for in the first place, not bob :)

yoyo wrote: »
    I've come accross this also, generally happens if I use the auto complete by typing the persons name, lets say I type contact name "Dad", it will load his number, now if I try another contact my dads one stays!

Nick

Is this still happening on the newest version? I can't reproduce it at all

More than welcome :)

Since o2 is now working, and sending the texts, you can reproduce this by typing a text and sending it (to yourself would be best), then immediately close cabbage. You'll probably get the text but if you open cabbage again, it will still be in the outbox. So that's how you reproduce the text to be in the outbox anyway.

Now if you send a text to Bob and it sends no problem, and now you know o2 is back online so you try to send the old text to the same person again, but before you want to send it, you want to add something like "sorry for late reply had no credit and webtext was down", if you click edit to write that, bob will still be in the "To" field, rather than who the text in the outbox was for (yourself). Just think it would be better and wouldn't cause any mis sent texts to the wrong people that if you chose to edit something in the outbox, it replaced Bob with whoever the text was intended for in the first place, not bob :)

Ah now I know what you mean :)

done: http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.96.5.exe

I fixed that problem with the history not deleting on exit too

• Advertisement

cormie, if you've already downloaded the new one download it again and you should find that you can scroll through names that appear in the drop down as requested here:
    Sam just one more little nag thing. You know the way you can search for people by typing in the number box? Well for example, if you had 50 people saved in your phone book that you knew from say a honey appreciating society and they all had honey in their name, so joe honey, frankie honey etc, right now if you search for honey (on the desktop size version anyway), you can only see the first 13 and a half entries, if you use the arrow keys to go down the list, it doesn't scroll with the selection bar, so the blue bar that goes down with each press of the down key, will go below the 13.5 but you can't see it after the 13th basically so you don't know what contact it's on. Would it be possible to have the list follow the bar so you can see who's highlighted?
    :)

I haven't done much testing with it since I did it in the last five minutes so try it out for a bit

That's cool Sam, edit and history bug fixed. Scrolling bug is almost there, if you scroll to the bottom of the list now however, the scroll bar seems to go one or two selections below and you can't see the last 2 or so on the list :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

FYI, getting a (-8) precheck error today with v.1.96.4 on O2 network; working fine yesterday

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

That's cool Sam, edit and history bug fixed. Scrolling bug is almost there, if you scroll to the bottom of the list now however, the scroll bar seems to go one or two selections below and you can't see the last 2 or so on the list :o

I forgot you were using the smaller interface :)

Download the same file again (make sure you're not getting a cached version) and it should be fixed. I just changed it to show 12 names at a time instead of 14

jkforde wrote: »
    FYI, getting a (-8) precheck error today with v.1.96.4 on O2 network; working fine yesterday

If you go into more->configuration is "Send messages via intermediate server" ticked? If so, untick it

That's perfect Sam! Thanks a lot! I'm stumped now though, have nothing else to bug you about :P

That's perfect Sam! Thanks a lot! I'm stumped now though, have nothing else to bug you about :P

I'm sure you'll think of something :P

Sorry Sam, meant to say that I'm using the non-.NET version so the configuration is set to 'use old sending method'. Am I better off to use the .NET version at this stage? - don't want to install .NET as Cabbage would be the only program that would be using it (got an old-ish laptop with XP so am always trying to minimise installations!)

jkforde wrote: »
    Sorry Sam, meant to say that I'm using the non-.NET version so the configuration is set to 'use old sending method'. Am I better off to use the .NET version at this stage? - don't want to install .NET as Cabbage would be the only program that would be using it (got an old-ish laptop with XP so am always trying to minimise installations!)

The non .NET version can only send via the server and the problem at the moment is that the server that has the o2 script on it is down. Only the sending part uses .NET 2.0 so you'll be able to keep up with any other updates but problems like this can be avoided if you use the new version. So it's up to you really :)

The non .NET version can only send via the server and the problem at the moment is that the server that has the o2 script on it is down. Only the sending part uses .NET 2.0 so you'll be able to keep up with any other updates but problems like this can be avoided if you use the new version. So it's up to you really :)

Thanks for the info Sam! Damn, must donate a spond or two!! :eek: ...... Done! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi Sam, recently my wife and i ( on meteor) are being charged 4c per text as opposed to 2c per text before, its not a big issue but would you have any idea why this would happen out of the blue.

many thanks,

voyager :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i just installed 1.74 on an e71 and im trying to send a text. i have tried on both meteor or o2 accounts but when i send it says "could not connect to the server".

if i click on check for updates, it tells me i have the latest version. is cabbage working at the moment?

when im sending the text, it does not ask by what access point i want to send, however checking for version, it does...

edit: started working again. on a side note, o2 webtexts are down..

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Hi Sam, had this on my nokia, cracking program, quick question will it work on an iphone with vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Hi Sam,

I recently upgraded from E51 to E52 and I have got the latest version installed now on E52. I am with o2.

Like couple of posts above, if I check the latest version with it asks to allow to use the connection and then I get the message that latest version is installed.

When I try to send any message it doent ask for any connection and immediately displays the message 'could not connect to the server'.

Any idea why its happening. Help much appreciated.

Its still not working for me :(

Is it working for anyone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Its still not working for me :(

Is it working for anyone here?

Working fine all morning, on O2 using a 5800

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

I recently upgraded from E51 to E52 and I have got the latest version installed now on E52. I am with o2.

Like couple of posts above, if I check the latest version with it asks to allow to use the connection and then I get the message that latest version is installed.

When I try to send any message it doent ask for any connection and immediately displays the message 'could not connect to the server'.

Any idea why its happening. Help much appreciated.

Could you try completely uninstalling the program and reinstalling it?

If that doesn't work, press options->accounts->options->edit server and make sure the server is set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Hi Sam, had this on my nokia, cracking program, quick question will it work on an iphone with vodafone?

No it won't. There's a program that will work on an iPhone called Jelly SMS

apophis wrote: »
    Hi Sam, recently my wife and i ( on meteor) are being charged 4c per text as opposed to 2c per text before, its not a big issue but would you have any idea why this would happen out of the blue.

many thanks,

voyager :cool:

If the price increases it's usually a coverage issue, ie the phone had to retry a few times. The program sends the minimum amount of data possible, less than 1kb so there's not much I can do about the pricing unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

Could you try completely uninstalling the program and reinstalling it?

If that doesn't work, press options->accounts->options->edit server and make sure the server is set to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Thanks a lot Sam for getting back on this.

A little weird but you suggestion worked. Here what I did.
    1. Completely uninstalled and then reinstalled.
    2. Tried again and it still was the same - not working (could not reach the server)
    3. Pressed options->accounts->options->edit server - The server mentioned above was already there. I did not input anything but I clicked on Save.
    4. After that I tried again and now its working fine :)

I am not sure if choosing the Save option did anything of there was something else but the bottom line is that its working great again and now I am really happy :D

Thanks again Sam

Advertisement