Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raid

Options
  • 14-10-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Ok here is the problem. Not sure if I can explain it properly but I will give it a shot.

PSU and motherboard failed in my machine. Dont ask me how .. long story. Got a new PSU, motherboard and upgraded my CPU to a quad core.

The motherboard that I got was Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3. The motherboard that failed was GA-8AENXP-D. Im not sure if the motherboard I replaced it with was the right replacement .. I wanted a direct upgrade and I think the board I bought isnt as big or have the same functionality/number of slots like firewire etc Would a board like the DQ6 be a better option?

Anways I installed the board, psu, and chip and the system boots to bios. It wont go any further though .. i get the message disk read failure. I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 400GB Hard drives and 2 Maxtor Maxline 250GB Drives. Now here is where I get lost. I think they were configured as RAID Drives with the onboard RAID on the board .. I think a pair were mirrored and the other were striped. Im not sure if my new board has onboard raid option and if it does .. does it have for 2? In the bios I dont have the option of setting it to raid. Now Im completely lost as to what to do .. Im only learning as I go in terms of upgrading and building so I am out of my depth as to what to do here. How do I get it working again with having to format the drives? Should I get a new motherboard?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There should be an option 4 Raid under sata configuration. Check this & see if raid is enabled.
    If you boot & dont enter bios (ie let it continue) you should have a raid configuration utility which you will have to press ctrl & i to enter. This is where you create or disable raid arrays.

Advertisement