Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comedians that suck

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

If I ever get really rich, I'm just gonna open a bar, it's gonna be called HEAD. And if you come there, you know what the ****'s up. It'll just be like 150 guys. "Where are the ****ing chicks, dude? Why aren't they coming out to HEAD?" "Because they're down the street at T.G.I Lick My Pussies. That's why. We gotta come up with some better Apps, 'cause they're down at T.G.I Lick My Boojage - Dane Cook, NOT a comedian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

If I ever get really rich, I'm just gonna open a bar, it's gonna be called HEAD. And if you come there, you know what the ****'s up. It'll just be like 150 guys. "Where are the ****ing chicks, dude? Why aren't they coming out to HEAD?" "Because they're down the street at T.G.I Lick My Pussies. That's why. We gotta come up with some better Apps, 'cause they're down at T.G.I Lick My Boojage - Dane Cook, NOT a comedian.

F.A.C.T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

I've sifted through most of the pages and most comedians' names seem to be mentioned at some point.

Is there any comedian that's univerally liked? Irish or otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd say Billy Connolly would be closest. There are a few who don't like him but percentage wise I'd say he is the most liked of all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Women are not funny. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Of the Irish "comedians" I've seen, Maeve Higgins has consistently died on her arse all 3 times I've seen her live (as a support act I should add). Brutal. I dunno if Cork humour doesnt cross over to NI but she's been so bad people have felt sorry for her.

Tommy Tiernan seems to be progressively disappearing loudly up his own arse of late, which is a shame.

Billy Connolly last had original material around 1990. If he releases another DVD where the centrepeice is his prostate exam I'll cry.

Really quite like Neil Delamere and Dara O'Briain - both very entertaining.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'd say Billy Connolly would be closest. There are a few who don't like him but percentage wise I'd say he is the most liked of all.

+1

I watched Lee Evans for about 2 minutes there on Paramount the other night. God he is so so sososoosososososososoosososoo bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

KaG1888 wrote: »
    I would like to remind people that Lee Evans is a wanker.

That is all.

:D. I can see that he gets on your nerves alright. Mine too.

That Deirdre O'Kane drives me nuts. Whiney, talking through her nose voice is bad enough but she isn't funny either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Gotta go with jimmy carr, the guy is a plank and uses condescending humour and you know exactly where the "joke" is going every time

ricky gervais too, another plank

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fated2pretend

Eglinton wrote: »
    I've sifted through most of the pages and most comedians' names seem to be mentioned at some point.

Is there any comedian that's univerally liked? Irish or otherwise.

Dylan Moran / Bill Bailey / Stewart Lee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Ross Noble , Bill Bailey , The mighty Boosh, that Russell Brand Cnut......complete f**ktards the lot of em.

Thought of another one......Carlos Mencia...........he's a complete hack so he also sucks.

On the subject of women comedians not being funny I have to think that Joan Rivers is funny in a vicious way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

PJ Gallagher and Jason Byrne are both woeful - an embarassment to our nation.
    Chris Rock - his voice goes through my head I can't even make out what he's saying.

Ed Byrne seems to be universally hated but I've always thought he was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fioend

Yeah I don't really get the almost widespread slating of Ed Byrne. I think he's pretty funny. However, as for Lee Evans and Deirdre O'Pain.. Atrocious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Dave Mc Savage. rubbish "comedian"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Maeve Higgins - Not funny and very irritating

Mairead Farrell - I know she's not officially a comedian but she has got a full time slot on the panel.I used to like her on today fm but think she is a bit outspoken now,talking to try and be funny.Andrew maxwell has seriously rubbed off her from the panel show

Just reminding you all that Lee Evans is fcuking ****! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Maeve Higgins - Not funny and very irritating

I quite like Maeve Higgins, saw her twice in the space of about 2 months and both shows were completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

noel fielding

I'm surprised none of us practicing comics have wandered into this thread screaming "ITS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Allow me to be the first. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'm surprised none of us practicing comics have wandered into this thread screaming "ITS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and i'll +1 that....you suck!!! :p

(just kidding)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Telling everyone you suck? Great self-promotion there dude :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

....or more realistically, have come into the thread saying "Would you like fries with that, Sir?"

orestes wrote: »
    Telling everyone you suck? Great self-promotion there dude :D

All publicity is good publicity..
    unless its bad publicity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dane cook
    that guy is pure ****

yabadabado wrote: »
    dane cook
    that guy is pure ****

he has the making of a brilliant comedian...........juts doesnt have the material to back it up! having said that i do find he can string a few good jokes together but then he gets lost with drivvel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

The sooner these people disappear the happier my life will be.....

jimmy-carr851_MainPicture.jpg

2002-october-jo-brand.jpg

harryhillsnn3023x28_380606a.jpg

mumba-sisqo4a.jpg

Des_Bishop_600-thumb.jpg

justin+lee+collins++alan+carr_855_18305251_0_0_7006043_300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Jarlath Regan and Ricky Gervais are rubbish. How do people laugh at these two muppets:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Well they're two of my favourites, so just goes to show... each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Gervais is a comedy God! All of his stand-up shows are excellent & I re-watch & still laugh at his perfect delivery everytime & not to mention The Office & Extras!
    - However -

Never seen Jarlath Regan live but I've seen one or two of his bits on telly ... my face didn't even twitch ...

Brendan Grace, Brendan O'Carroll and Joe Rooney are also muppets I would throw on the crap list. ZZZzzzz.....

Gervais is a comedy God! All of his stand-up shows are excellent & I re-watch & still laugh at his perfect delivery everytime & not to mention The Office & Extras!
    - However -

Never seen Jarlath Regan live but I've seen one or two of his bits on telly ... my face didn't even twitch ...

I have never laughed at Gervais and I don't think I ever will. To be fair I gave him a chance by watching some of his stuff which my friend gave to me, totally rubbish. Rather watch paint dry.Totally agree with you about Jarlath Regan.

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Jarlath Regan and Ricky Gervais are rubbish. How do people laugh at these two muppets:confused:

I love Ricky Gervais stand up stuff. I've watched them a fair few times and still find them funny.

I was going yo say I dont like Bernie Mac but feel a bit bad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

So basically every comedian in the world is sh!t. good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭God Of Radio

Carrot Top doesn't suck.

Bernie Mack didn't suck.

DAT FAN SUCKS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Carrot Top doesn't suck.

I had a quick google, and this page is the only site on the whole internet that contains that phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Exocet

Dylan Moran.....yeah thats right Dylan Moran
    Ricky Gervais...just awful, useless without Merchant
    Kevin Gildea....Sh1te
    Dane Cook......also sh1te
    lee evans.....cringeworthy
    jeremy clarkson.....not a comedian but thinks he is
    patrick kielty...likewise

Exocet wrote: »
    Dylan Moran.....yeah thats right Dylan Moran
    Ricky Gervais...just awful, useless without Merchant
    Kevin Gildea....Sh1te
    Dane Cook......also sh1te
    lee evans.....cringeworthy
    jeremy clarkson.....not a comedian but thinks he is
    patrick kielty...likewise

dude you have listed two of the widely respected and funnniest comedians on thw world there, who DO you like?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

ricky gervais is seen more as a writer and actor than a comedian. hence the popularity and praise for the office and extras. and also the mediocre reception for animals and politics.
    dylan moran on the other hand is quality as a stand up. not bad on tv either. black books being one of the funniest shows of recent years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

There should be a poll so we can vote. Des Bishop gets my vote. Woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Exocet

dude you have listed two of the widely respected and funnniest comedians on thw world there, who DO you like?!

Bill Hicks
    Stewart Lee
    Chris Rock's older material
    Louis C.K.

Chris Rock was funny for about 10 minutes. His comedy is all based on the hope that people will laugh at his squeaky voice.
    Have you ever watched "Everybody hates Chris"?
    It's torture

Anyone see this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47r-0VlvkzM&feature=related

Jamie Fox gets freaked cause some comedian makes a joke about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Why do people think Joan Rivers is funny and she gets so much air time?

She's like a two year old that has learned how to say f**k,says it in front of the neighbours to get attention, and everyone laughs.

She is also beginning to look like a thunderbird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Dylan Moran sucks? **** you you ****ing ****.

I hope you go deaf, you dont deserve to hear his humour.

I'm joking, but seriously, how can you think he sucks?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jtbub15

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Lee Evans.

Stupid, sweaty, manic fúcker needs a tranquiliser.

I have NEVER seen anyone sweat as much as this guy..... How the hell has he not passed out with dehydration!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Tragedy wrote: »
    Dylan Moran sucks? **** you you ****ing ****.

I hope you go deaf, you dont deserve to hear his humour.

I'm joking, but seriously, how can you think he sucks?!

Saying I'm joking doesn't mean it's ok to abuse people, I don't wanna see any more stuff like this in this thread. A warning not just for yourself but for everyone, play nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Hey, I took the extra effort to type in those damn stars :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

the "comedians" i despise most are harry hill and lee evans, i wish they would just die. also i hate jo brand, all she does is slag herself for being fat. not funny! how about leaving your comfort zone, lose a few pounds and gain some new material!

comedians that have been mentioned that i disagree with are peter kay, dylan moran, dara o briain, andrew maxwell, jack dee, des bishop, and tommy tiernan, although i can understand how tommy tiernan might get on peoples nerves cos i can only take so much of him myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

How can anyone say Dylan Moran sucks? The most talented, witty, erudite comedian that Ireland has produced, well ever. His Monster 2 show remains the best comedy gig I have ever been at. I sense fiendish acts of trollery going on in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

That prickeyed kunt DAVE McSAVAGE!! More like Dave McSauvant

• Advertisement
Advertisement