Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection conflict

Options
  • 14-10-2007 6:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have two PCs running wirelessly from one connection but one of them seems to be having trouble connecting properly.

Just some details - the modem is a Zyxel prestige 600, wireless modem is a Netgear WGR614v4. The two are set up so the netgear is kind of by-passed (the ethernet from the modem goes into one of the out ports on the wireless modem, rather than the in port). This was done to make port forwarding easy - details of what I did are in this post here (towards the end).

My laptop has a static IP set up on it, but the other PC does not... this seemed to be fine for a week or two when suddenly the other non-static PC stopped connecting... I noticed that it was looking for some bizarre IP address, so I tried to set it up on a static IP too (one number on from the one set on my laptop)... it stopped telling me there was limited connectivity but it still wasn't connecting to the web.

So anyone know what I can do here? Do I need to do something my modem, router or laptop to allow it to connect two PCs to the one connection, should they both be on a static IP address or is it something else?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement