Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] n00bsors

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hmm - I cancel my points on Ravens. They may start to sucketh for PvE with the possible Torp changes [anyone who use cruise missiles against NPCs wasnt concentrating when their DPS was wiped out by NPC defenders] come in. Not sure WTF youd do with possibly the slowest ship in the game, 30 km range and NPCs orbiting at 60 km. Torps FTL!

Train Gallente - Dominix plus Sentries for range, Ogre IIs for close up gankage FTW! Fit complete and utter tank and who cares if it mass aggros tbh.

I have got to say, I started Caldari but I've never regretted a single skillpoint I trained in Gallente.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sand wrote: »
    Hmm - I cancel my points on Ravens. They may start to sucketh for PvE with the possible Torp changes [anyone who use cruise missiles against NPCs wasnt concentrating when their DPS was wiped out by NPC defenders] come in. Not sure WTF youd do with possibly the slowest ship in the game, 30 km range and NPCs orbiting at 60 km. Torps FTL!

Train Gallente - Dominix plus Sentries for range, Ogre IIs for close up gankage FTW! Fit complete and utter tank and who cares if it mass aggros tbh.

I have got to say, I started Caldari but I've never regretted a single skillpoint I trained in Gallente.

I use cruise on my cnr still pwns **** up.....but what are these torp changes?

i second your point about gallente training i regret ever training any caldari skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

The up coming Drone/Damp nerf, sorry I mean 'changes' will change that.

Thats if the server gets fixed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I use cruise on my cnr still pwns **** up.....but what are these torp changes?

Dunno - theyre on the test server, but best of luck getting on that. Apparently T1/Faction torps flight time is cut so that with max skills you get a 30 km range. Not sure if that is with or without the Raven velocity bonus but seeing as theyre slow as hell to begin with not sure thats going to make much difference given NPC BS sit out to 60 km and easily outrun Ravens.

Some are saying its not a nerf, that its a boost. I've yet to see the reasoning behind this, but people have mentioned a ROF bonus? The sig radius has also been increased to about 530 [ same as the basically ignored Rage torps] afaik so target painers will be a must if you want to do serious damage to anything smaller than a moon. Sounds like Torps are being reinvented as some sort of Battleship sized assault missile. Great, but seeing as Caldari [the main missile race] are slow ass mofos, how the hell are they supposed to get into close range to use them? Hard to see how they can balance them with the fear of Ravens sitting at 100 km spamming cruises, outrunning any enemy too foolish to warp out....Christ knows, I have nightmares about the scenario.

Meh - whine and stuff. Ill just switch to the Domi. Most balanced race in the game.
    The up coming Drone/Damp nerf, sorry I mean 'changes' will change that.

Meh, drone changes from what I've seen mean I just upgrade my PvP bird from a Myrm to a Domi. Maybe a gank Domi, with heavy blasters, mag stabs and Ogre IIs:) Kill, or be killed! Most likely killed.

7 minutes to start up btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I use cruise on my cnr still pwns **** up.....but what are these torp changes?QUOTE]

Dunno - theyre on the test server, but best of luck getting on that. Apparently T1/Faction torps flight time is cut so that with max skills you get a 30 km range. Not sure if that is with or without the Raven velocity bonus but seeing as theyre slow as hell to begin with not sure thats going to make much difference given NPC BS sit out to 60 km and easily outrun Ravens.

Some are saying its not a nerf, that its a boost. I've yet to see the reasoning behind this, but people have mentioned a ROF bonus? The sig radius has also been increased to about 530 [ same as the basically ignored Rage torps] afaik so target painers will be a must if you want to do serious damage to anything smaller than a moon. Sounds like Torps are being reinvented as some sort of Battleship sized assault missile. Great, but seeing as Caldari [the main missile race] are slow ass mofos, how the hell are they supposed to get into close range to use them? Hard to see how they can balance them with the fear of Ravens sitting at 100 km spamming cruises, outrunning any enemy too foolish to warp out....

Meh - whine and stuff. Ill just switch to the Domi. Most balanced race in the game.

Meh, drone changes from what I've seen mean I just upgrade my PvP bird from a Myrm to a Domi. Maybe a gank Domi, with heavy blasters, mag stabs and Ogre IIs:) Kill, or be killed! Most likely killed.

7 minutes to start up btw.

I think ccp just dont understand their own game race's or dont give a **** what any of the player base does anymore giveing caldari short range weapons make no sence at all its not like torps where the uber to start with now they will be utterly useless unless for some unknown reason you decide to nano/overdrive /mwd your raven -_-

• Advertisement

Thing I dont understand is why, what's so wrong with Torps now that they need this change? Same goes for drones, maybe try fix their MWD's first, like they said they did a few patchs ago. I don't fly Caladri, but really CCP :whatthechrist:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I think its to stop ratting farmers who just sit in belts and spam torps. Its a bit unfair because alot of regular legit ratters use the same tactic. Bit ****ty to nerf torps tbh they were crap already. I spent ages as a noob training t2 torps as well.

Actually theres another draw back, I use a t2 torp raven in our cap hunting gangs now I can't do that. At least I can use t2 large hybrids now, thank god I cross-trained gallente :P

Maddzy wrote: »
    I think its to stop ratting farmers who just sit in belts and spam torps. Its a bit unfair because alot of regular legit ratters use the same tactic. Bit ****ty to nerf torps tbh they were crap already. I spent ages as a noob training t2 torps as well.

Actually theres another draw back, I use a t2 torp raven in our cap hunting gangs now I can't do that. At least I can use t2 large hybrids now, thank god I cross-trained gallente :P

Yeeees let the anger flow through j00.

BTW I agree completely, but I'm drunk and shouldnt be posting :blitheringidiot:

Advertisement