Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doctors in limerick

Options
  • 14-10-2007 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all

I know this has been asked about before, but I will ask again! It seems to be nigh on impossible to become a patient of a GP in Limerick city. Everywhere you ring, I get the 'no new patients' line. I have a doctor in Limerick but really dislike her manner and would like to change GP's. Does anyone know what the Raheen medical centre doctors are like? or any good GPs in that area, that might be accessible or have room for a new patient at least! Or any general recommendations for the city centre?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

try Dr David Boylan or the medical centre he works in, its a new building, just off the side street of upper gerald griffin street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

You could also try the doctors opposite the Limerick Art Gallery (Peoples Park), Pery sq. Hanly & Cullen. They took me without any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's a surgery upstairs from Ferguson's chemist on the corner of Thomas/O'Connell St. Dunno what they're like with new patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lazers pew pew - I removed your post.
    Don't post crap like that again, or I'll ban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Mr E wrote: »

hey, that's my line!

• Advertisement

3,000 miles away and I still beat you to it (hi from New York!)
    Now back on topic.... :)

Kelewan - Dr. David Hannon in Raheen is my GP. Nice guy, and knows his stuff. Busy though... don't know if he has stopped accepting new patients. Give him a call...

I was also talking about him - didn't know he was in Raheen too :confused:

Yeah he does a couple of days a week in town. His surgery is in Raheen.

what are you on about
    i'm giving advice on doctors, whats the point in sending him to a bad doctor, as i have heard so many negatives about this clinic

unless,you just wanted to flex your mod muscles

Yeah he does a couple of days a week in town. His surgery is in Raheen.
    LOL he's been my GP for 9 years and I never knew this...

• Advertisement

what are you on about
    i'm giving advice on doctors, whats the point in sending him to a bad doctor, as i have heard so many negatives about this clinic

unless,you just wanted to flex your mod muscles
    Nothing like that, Mr Pew Pew. What you said was libelous, and boards.ie would be responsible. Just use some common sense.

Mr Pew Pew

hehe.gif

very childish i know

advice taken on board though gaywink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Dr. Andrew Kelly in Raheen. Cannot recomend him enouhg. Good guy, friendly, not preachy and easy to talk to.

Coming from Limerick at the fist set of trafic lights after the hospital he is on the left.

He was my third attempt at a doctor after moving to Limerick and by far the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kelewan8

thanks for the suggestions, I will try a couple of these doctors to see if they take on new patients.

Advertisement