Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ISS

Options
  • 14-10-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was out having a smoke about 10 mins ago and spotted the ISS fly over head. I never knew you could see it so clearly with the naked eye...amazing.

I checked its position on the NASA website and it tracked across southern Ireland....Fantastic!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

Badass! How'd you ID it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

kaiser1 wrote: »
    I was out having a smoke about 10 mins ago and spotted the ISS fly over head. I never knew you could see it so clearly with the naked eye...amazing.

I checked its position on the NASA website and it tracked across southern Ireland....Fantastic!!

i saw it last night at round 20.45 was cool... it faded out as it traveled accross the sky,

saw a few satellites too, boy do they travel fast

re the iss, i iwould be interested in how you id'd it too..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Rhiannon14 wrote: »
    Badass! How'd you ID it?

its pretty easy to id it first you know its a satellite because of its transit across the sky and due to its size its got the most light reflecting from it,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

check out this link guys, it should give you all the info you need on the position of the ISS.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/

check the sighting opportunities and put in Ireland then the closest area to you, in my case Waterford and then it will give you times, approuch vectors and length of visability.

Advertisement