Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Lite

Options
  • 14-10-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Just about to treat myself to a new Tikka T3 Lite in .243.

Has anyone got any opinions/experience of them?

I've heard that the barrels wouldn't take many shots in succession to overheat but I'll be using it exclusivley for deer/foxing, so, if true, will that really matter?

Anyone recommend a good "piece of glass" to sit on top of it that won't cost the earth? I know I know......... I should be spending as much as I can on a ood scope, but at the moment that'll be not too much!! Gonna go mad and spend serious money on a scope mid-next year.

Cheers in advance for the great advice I always get Lads!:D;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Simmons Whitetail Classic.
    Small money, dependable.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0029216710097a.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

i got these scope from these guys very nice

http://www.eriflescopes.com/rifle-scopes/rifle-scopes/banner624x40mattemildotreticle.cfm

http://www.eriflescopes.com/rifle-scopes/rifle-scopes/832x50iraoexcavatorirrangefindinggraphret.cfm

they are good to deal with and great on price. the simmons whitetail classic 6.5-20x 50 are also very nice
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Really like the look of the Bushnell.
    Anyone used one before? Are they reliable? Price seems just too good to be true!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Hi pampers i have a bushnell on a .17 at the moment and ive had it on several other rifles over the years never any probs with it at all afaik they were once one of the better brands you could buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

i put a cheap hawke niteye scope on my 6.5x55 and it did hold zero, i've since changed it as it doesn't really give you great confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

i have 2 bushnells a 6-24x40 mil-dot and a 6-18x50, both banners in dawn dusk.
    they are the cheaper end of their line but certainly good,their elite stuff is as good as any.
    but for a good hunting scope they are hardto beat for quality
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

For less than 500 euro you should be able to get something like a very good quality zeiss or nikon from the states. Try www.theriflescopestore.com, I've used this chap myself and found him extemely helpfull. Btw he's fairly cute when it comes to shipping...

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

For less than 500 euro you should be able to get something like a very good quality zeiss or nikon from the states. Try www.theriflescopestore.com, I've used this chap myself and found him extemely helpfull. Btw he's fairly cute when it comes to shipping...

How "cute" was he?
    He's telling me that he will not ship to Ireland as "Ireland has an import restriction on rifle scopes".
    He will ship to England though, so I can get it sent to a relation. Just wondering roughly how much my relation would get stung for in tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

Personally I have got a few bargains on ebay, try this one,
    140176967721 Falcon Optics Merlin 10-40x56 Rifle Scope Benchrest

Seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

have a bushnell 6-24 by 40 myself on a .17
    really good scopes cant fail
    try www.opticswarehouse.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭sounder

i have a tikka t3 with a s/b 3/12/50 i put alot of money into but it is deadly
    just make sure you break the barrel in cheer sounder.

th_P8110017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

old thread but lookin for some more info on the T3 lite 223 as im about to collect mine on friday(supposed to have it last week:mad:)
    ive been reading through the posts and thier all helpful.
    ive also been looking on ebay and Bushnell and Simmions scopes look real nice and are so cheap but i have a motto,"buy cheap buy twice", do you think this motto is true with Bushnell and Simmions???
    Also any feedback from people who have shot with the T3 lite 223 would be much appricated
    cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭sounder

if you can buy the best one you can afford s/b would be for me but leupold on e-bay are cheap and they are a great scope in the USA

cheers for that Sounder, in your post with the pic(sweet rig by the way)
    you mention breaking in the barrel, ive not come across this before as its my first new rifle, bought my brno 2nd hand so could you give some details, dont have to get too specific as im sure my gunsmith will go into detail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

bitemybanger,
    For centerfires it changes slightly for different calibres but most ttime its a case of shoot one clean one,shoot then clean and repeat for the first 30-ish rounds.Then step it out too 4 or five rounds them clean and repeat.hope this helps.

Remmy

cheers Remmy, i will be heading out this weekend to break her in, i collected it earlier today and its killin to look at it knowing that i cant pop a few off till the weekend, bloody work:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

you are going in the right direction ,i have one in 243 as well as a 25,06 in sako .they are a lovely little firearm . any sporter style rifle will heat after a shot or two ,if your are on the range do not heat it up ,for the best results .go for warne mounts also ,.have a look at 25,06 it will give you more bullet weights.

Advertisement