Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Problem

• 14-10-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all, Id appreciate any help or advice you can give.

I have a laptop computer that has just gone past its warranty date and as typical the thing develops a problem!

I have a E-System 3090 UK System that I purchased from currys 1 year ago.

The problem I have is that everything works fine from the mains cable but when I unplug this to operate on battery after a few seconds the whole computer freezes. The only thing I can do is reboot.

If I reboot on Mains then everything is fine.

But as soon as I Re-boot on Battery the computer crashes on Blue Screen and restarts booting again and again and again! Or It will simply freeze yet again!

I have tried re-installing Vista and restored the Laptop to origional manufactuer settings and cleared the HD but still nothing happens.

Also Sometimes when I operate the laptop on mains and tap the keyboard near the mains connection the screen can flicker or even clear itself and have like a white background and crash.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try running the laptop without the battery and tapping it as you desribed. If it goes again then you have a hardware problem, possibly with the charging board. Nothing to do but repair or replace...

Advertisement