Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets on Adverts ?

Options
  • 14-10-2007 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if the FS Tickets section of Adverts will ever make a return ?

I've recently found myself with rugby world cup and comedy gig tickets that I couldn't use and went to waste as there was nowhere to advertise them.

I know the soccer forum has it's own tickets sub-forum on boards, but obviously that's only for soccer matches so couldn't advertise my rugby tickets there.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Just wondering if the FS Tickets section of Adverts will ever make a return ?

I've recently found myself with rugby world cup and comedy gig tickets that I couldn't use and went to waste as there was nowhere to advertise them.

I know the soccer forum has it's own tickets sub-forum on boards, but obviously that's only for soccer matches so couldn't advertise my rugby tickets there.

you can advertise rugby tickets there...i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

To answer OP, all ticket sales are currently suspended indefinitely.

As with the MCD ban, it is unknown for how long this will be.

Perhaps one of the CMods concerned may be able to enlighten you further.

@ Ruggie, would a similiar (to Soccer) sub forum for Rugby be a possibility?

even in soccer tickets and travel?

Are you sure RM?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

There's more to life than Boards.ie...

RuggieBear wrote: »

Apologies, I was referring to adverts only :)

• Advertisement

it's all so grey and confusing.....

You're not wrong there.

Initially it was MCD sales only which were banned on adverts.ie, now it seems to be all ticketed events.

I'm not sure why, but at a guess perhaps it was easier to implement a blanket ban, rather than research each new event?

I'll dig around and see what I can come up with.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You're not wrong there.

Initially it was MCD sales only which were banned on adverts.ie, now it seems to be all ticketed events.

I'm not sure why, but at a guess perhaps it was easier to implement a blanket ban, rather than research each new event?

I'll dig around and see what I can come up with.
    It would mean every ticket advert would have to be premoderated, and even with the powerhouse that the new moderating team is, it would still be overwhelming.

Thanks for the clarification CuLT.

It seems the only option is a rugby ticket sub forum, if the mods are willing and the demand is sufficient.

I can't remember this issue arising before, but that's not to say the need isn't there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

CuLT wrote: »
    It would mean every ticket advert would have to be premoderated, and even with the powerhouse that the new moderating team is, it would still be overwhelming.

Yeah, i remember when tickets for gigs organised by "a certain promoter" were banned the mods had a hard time having to constantly remove ads which should never have been posted.
    Is there any update on the dispute that that promoter ?
    Just find it a shame as there are so many other music/plays/comedy/sports events out there with no connection to that particular promoter.
    It seems the only option is a rugby ticket sub forum, if the mods are willing and the demand is sufficient.

I don't think the demand is there for a rugby ticket forum outside of world cups etc as 6 nations tickets are sourced through clubs and the unspoken rule is that if you can't use a ticket you offer it to someone within your club first.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yeah, i remember when tickets for gigs organised by "a certain promoter" were banned the mods had a hard time having to constantly remove ads which should never have been posted.
    Is there any update on the dispute that that promoter ?
    Just find it a shame as there are so many other music/plays/comedy/sports events out there with no connection to that particular promoter.

I agree, it's a shame, no update on the situation yet, but I gurantee as soon as we know, everyone else will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

CuLT wrote: »
    Would it be possible to change it so that tickets for sports events are fine where as music/comedy etc. ones are not? AFAIK *they* don't sell sports tickets.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Would it be possible to change it so that tickets for sports events are fine where as music/comedy etc. ones are not? AFAIK *they* don't sell sports tickets.

certain fights/wrestling events are tho...

Advertisement