Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Insight On These Courses??

Options
  • 14-10-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Well I'm in 6th year at the moment, studying for what some call the most beautifully crafted exam, The Leaving Cert and I'm looking for a little information on some courses in DIT. :)

The following courses are the ones which I find of interest and was wondering if anyone here does or has any information they'd like to share about the courses. Reading about courses is one thing but getting first hand information on them is what matters. I'd be very grateful to anyone who could lend a helping hand. :)

DT021 - Electrical Engineering
    DT229 - Clinical Measurement
    DT222 - Physics Technology
    DT235 - Physics with Medical Physics and Bioengineering
    DT227 - Science With Nanotechnology

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Hey there.

I'm not sure if I can really help, as I've just transfered here from another college, but DIT are very helpful - go to DIT.ie, find the Programme Coordinators' numbers, and give them a ring. It's truly your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 K8T.21

Hey!

I did DT021, i graduated a year ago now. It was a good course, pretty maths heavy though so you'd wanna have a good grasp at that. I asssume your doing honors in your leaving? (cos C3 in honours is an entry requirment) There also alot of hours, approx 32 week so you wont have much time to be dossing with your mates that do arts!

Dont really know what else to tell ya, and specific questions?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

K8T.21 wrote: »
    Hey!

I did DT021, i graduated a year ago now. It was a good course, pretty maths heavy though so you'd wanna have a good grasp at that. I asssume your doing honors in your leaving? (cos C3 in honours is an entry requirment) There also alot of hours, approx 32 week so you wont have much time to be dossing with your mates that do arts!

Dont really know what else to tell ya, and specific questions?!?

Don't really have many specific questions, just wanted to read some feedback on quality of the course and how tough it was. Guess you've basically answered my questions for me. :)

I am indeed doing honours for my Leaving. 32 hours a week, sounds like tough going alright. If I may ask, has the course helped you for the career area you like?
    Is the degree well recognised as such?

Thanks for your help so far, really appreciate it. :)

Advertisement