Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe piercing.

Options
  • 14-10-2007 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Okay, I have a few piercings including scaffolding, labret x 2 and a couple more, but I never got my lobes done and I was wondering if I was to do it myself ( I am very hygienic) if it's worth it.

I'm not too flush with money right now and for something as simple as a lobe I think it might be worth it I can't Imagen anything too bad happening as I have all the stuff I need and an aftercare kit.

Honestly though, shall I wait till I can afford it or take the plunge and dance with risk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i pierce myself,but each to his own really,you have to decide yourself if its worth the risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

What're you planning to use? (Kinda hard to tell how risky it is without any info, for all we know your tools could be a safety pin and a lighter :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i got my lobes pierced loads of time 'professionally' and the always got infected so eventually i just sed to hell with it and did them myself!! funnily enough ive never had a problem with them! i have like 5 lobe peircings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

save up the €20 and get a pro to do it. doesnt matter a damn how clean you are, if you dont have the proper techniques youl mess yourself up and itl end up costing you more than €20 in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

Gauge wrote: »
    What're you planning to use? (Kinda hard to tell how risky it is without any info, for all we know your tools could be a safety pin and a lighter :p )

Unused hollow needle, surgical Steel bar and ball which have not been taken out of their plastic bag yet and boiling water.

@Willburt, I see your point, but I don't really know the risks this can bring besides infection which I really shouldn't get. If it was a lip/tongue type thing I would not even dream of attempting it, but with no veins it seems a safe bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

if you do do it just remember to use gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You can't really go too wrong with the lobes to be honest,
    I'd just go for it if I was you.

Advertisement