Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry hair is driving me mad!

• 14-10-2007 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I've long dark hair that I usually straighten every two or three days. It's quite thick, so, according to my hairdresser straightening it should be ok. At the moment it's very very dry. Especially the ends. The hair is breaking a lot too, just snapping in my hands. It's starting to look awful and unhealthy and I have to keep tying it up because it looks awful. I only got it trimmed about 4 weeks ago. Anyone know any products that'd be good? A lot of the ones I've been looking at are for treated or coloured hair. Mine is not coloured it's just very dry! Also, I don't want anything too thick or that clogs hair too much either because it makes my hair greasy too quickly. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

suggestion from a guy with thick hair. Head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner. Won't dry out your hair and wil help strenghten it. For the immediate dryness i would recommend vaseline hair tonic. It is a little oily but you only need a tiny amount. And avoid harsh blow drying.

If that fails, go see a dermatologist. Stress can cause many problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I use Trésemme Restructuring Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque for my hair once a week. You comb it through your hair after washing and leave it for 5-10 minutes. It's amazing, and it wasn't even €6 in Boots for a great big tub of it. I use it once a week and it makes a world of difference. Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

ok, well first of all never straighten your hair without a heat protection spray! the ghd one is great
    ineral optimal or vita cimont treatments from a hairdresser will help with your hAIR. redken do a great product called 'anti snap' you put it in wet hair before styling good stuff abour 20 euro for a big bottle. The redken extreme range of products are excellent too especially 'cat'

for dry hair I use the body shop olive shampoo its excellent as is mark hill holiday hair conditioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 4bugny

Has anybody heard that leaving mayonaisse on your hair overnight is one of the best conditioning treatments you can use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yeah I've heard that but never tried it, has anyone here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Yuck!

Aussie 3-minute miracle is cheap and excellent.

Also agree with the Redken recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Agree with Redken. Try the Anti-Snap range and maybe the All Soft leave in conditioners.

For the quickest fix though, go into your hairdressers and ask for a Kerastase aqua oleum treatment (c.€20). It'll leave your hair really soft and will really improve the condition. If your hair is breaking off, emergency measures are needed immediately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭car39

kerastase is a brill product ,go into any good hairdresser and the will be able to tell you which one is suitable for your hair.i used the one in an orange tub €35 but you use such a small amount it lasts for months,also my hairdresser never allows straightners in the salon he reckons they are the worst invention for destroying hair and mine was in a dire condition

Advertisement