Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options to configure router

Options
  • 14-10-2007 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

At the moment im trying to portforward my internet connection. I have ZyXEL P-660HW-D1 router. Im going by the instructions on

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ZyXEL/P-660HW-D1/Halo.htm

Im told to enter the routers IP address in the address bar and go to the routers configuration page
    Im at the part where you enter the password of 1234.(Actually this password does not work and I use the one thats saved in the password bar) On the next screen , as shown , there should be a status screen and on the right of this is the routers model number. Under this should be the options - Network , Security , Advanced and Maintenence. Now heres my problem - these options never turn up. All I can see are the status screen and on the left by its self the router model number.

Is there a special password or something I need to get these options to be displayed? Im quite frustrated at the moment and any help would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Try using telnet to set it up ,

Here's how in case you don't know
    go START--->run , then type cmd then hit enter , then go
    telnet 192.168.1.254 ( or whatever the address of the router is )

It should bring up an easy to follow menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Thanks. A password is required , do you know what it is?

Advertisement