Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11890 graffiti on the streets!

Options
  • 14-10-2007 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice the 11890 spray painted stencils on the footpaths around town today?

I saw nearly 10 of them walking up Barrow Street, Grand Canal street and Mount street! They look awful.

Who can I report this to? Very bad form on 11890's part!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Litter people in the city council.

http://www.dublincity.ie/sitetools/faq/faq_waste_management/reporting_graffiti.asp
    How do I report graffiti? #48444
    Dublin City Council works closely with the Gardai to catch and prosecute graffiti vandals. Graffiti is a criminal offence and should be reported to the Gardai if you see someone doing it. Please contact your local Garda Station to report an incident in progress.

To report graffiti on Dublin City Council property that is Offensive, political or racist on view from the public highway, please contact Dublin City Council using one of the following methods:

By email: mailto:waste.management@dublincity.ie
    By Post: Graffiti Removal Section, Waste Management Services, 68-71 Marrowbone Lane, Dublin 8
    By Telephone: Dublin City Council Customer Services 01 2222222

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

funny enough noticed it myself in Phibsboro yesterday, I imagine they have permission

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I doubt it. They did it outside one newspaper office. desperate attempt for a few headlines I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I saw these the other day. Not sure if it counts as graffiti in the traditional sense though.....They make the message/ad by putting a stencil down on the pavement and hit it with a powerwasher. So actually they are cleaning the street!

I've seen it done before for Beck beer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sneepmo

I've seen them and think they just used a stencil and a powerhose of some kind. I've seen this done before in Europe. It merely highlights the filth on our streets that the council doesn't bother to wash.

I hope they don't get into trouble for this, in fact I'd encourage them and other companies to put more of them down knowing that to remove them Dublin City council would have to clean to whole pavement. Result? Cleaner pavements, reduced smell of p*ss and animal excrement not to mention chewing gum removal (in fairness the smell of p*ss may not be down to the animals but more a result of people being drunk and lazy!!).

I've noticed that 11890 seem to be vigorously advertising at the moment across several mediums. They seem to have it in for 11850 who they've attacked on price in the papers last week. They also tried to broadcast a fairly amusing advert on RTE recently that got banned for being too aggressive to the competition (they kidnapped the 11850 joggers and sent them back to the UK! Their ad is still on their website www.11890.ie or if not try youtube).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

In most countries stencils/stickers are termed grafitti. Which is a shame as they are much more pleasant than the boring people who write their name over and over again.

Advertisement