Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

queation about upgrading my phone.

• 14-10-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me about upgrading my phone....i asked in the o2 shop and they said i am not due because i havent reached the minimum spend, (€1000 i think). i signed a one year contract last september so i thought when the year was up they would offer me an upgrade when i signed a new contract.

the real question is, is there any reason why i cant just go to vodafone or meteor and sign a contract with them while keeping my new number?
    i am happy with o2 so far so could i talk to someone and say i am going to move networks if they dont offer me an upgrade?

if i had stayed pay-as-you-go i could have paid €80(or whatever) for an upgrade and got €80(or whatever) credit.......so effectively a free phone.

(in case it matters i am on a €35 a month contract)

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tell them you want an upgrade or you are moving to another network who will be delighted with your business and will offer much better phones than o2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

o2 upgrades may be after 18 months, although you only signed a one year contract. After the one year you didn't sign a new contract, so you are free to leave or you'll get the upgrade in Feb or so, or earlier if you tell them you are leaving.

if you have friend with pay-as-you-go, and you fancy one of the PAYG phones, you can buy the phone and they can get the credit, perhaps they could be persuaded to give you most of it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

thanks for the advice lads, ill ask around and see if anyone wants an upgrade, otherwise ill threaten them.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

went in today to a fone zone shop.
    the guy listened to my sob story and then called up o2.told them he had a disgruntled customer who was about to change network.

2 minutes later i had my upgrade .(silver, but better than nothing)

:D im really pleased but i think its ridiculous i had to go to that length to get it since pay as you go get an upgrade for x amount and get that amount of credit (basically a free upgrade).

Advertisement