Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies in Leather?

• 14-10-2007 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Are Leather Clothes becoming a thing of the past or will they make a comeback? I am a huge fan of women in leather and cant understand why more women dont wear leather pants and skirts theae days! they are defnitaly in my opinion the sexiest items of clothing a woman can wear.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm somewhat inclined to believe that the OP and clubbinbabe are one and the same but I'll voice my opinon anyway.

Leather has never been a mainstream thing and it never will be but I can't see it going away. It's pretty much always been around and it often features in various designers collections. Not every woman can carry it off but those that can do look very sexy and leather is thought of as being sexy which might explain why it's a favourite with celebrities.

Leather can only really be worn by a woman who has the figure or 'style' for it and it looks soooo wrong on some ladies. Like I said, it's not mainstream which is why you won't see it so often on the high street and it's a pretty unforgiving fabric. You either look good in it or you don't, there's no middle ground.

I agree that it is fabulous though and on the right lady there is nothing sexier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 clubbinbabe

no hun yor wrong there,i asked on an outfit not this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

eo980 wrote: »
    Leather can only really be worn by a woman who has the figure or 'style' for it and it looks soooo wrong on some ladies.
    One figure doesn't suit all leather items. Leather trousers work best with a slim figure (same applies to men). Leather corsets work better on a fuller figure (like all corsets).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 S101

EO-U saying that i am the same person as clubbinbabe? not true! when ur here clubbinbabe what is your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Price is also a factor with leather garments. Quality leather clothing is expensive and most people love quasi-disposable, cheap clothes.
    Leather can only really be worn by a woman who has the figure or 'style' for it and it looks soooo wrong on some ladies.

The same could be said for just about any garment, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

simu wrote: »
    Price is also a factor with leather garments. Quality leather clothing is expensive and most people love quasi-disposable, cheap clothes.

The same could be said for just about any garment, really.

True..... but wouldn't you agree that leather is easier for a lady to get 'wrong' than say jeans, or any of the variety of outfits available from the likes of Oasis, River Island, A-Wear etc.
    Who was it here before who mentioned the 'saggy nappy' look?

I'll agree with simu on the price. That is always a big factor. For example. Past wrist lenght gloves are rather in fashion at the moment and I wanted to get my missus a pair. She was content to settle on a pair from Oasis for about €35. They were OK but they didn't fit snugly or look great so I took her to Arnotts and bought her a pair for €95 that fit much better, were much softer and looked miles better. She, and many other's would never have paid 3x times as much for a better pair though.
    A small example but it highlights simu's point.

My apologies if I have offended the OP or clubbinbabe.

Advertisement