Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to view timetables online?

• 14-10-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I use to be able to do it, but i can't remember now :o

Anyone got any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I think the timetables are on the college intranet so they can't be viewed unless your in the college. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I think the timetables are on the college intranet so they can't be viewed unless your in the college. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it.

two years ago it was defo possible to view from outside the IT, i think i remember having to go through some link on the main itcarlow.ie site :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dog boy

Click on the "Portals" option on the left hand side of ITCarlow's main page. In the page that opens click "Blackboard" and on that page on the left hand side you should have the options of class and room timetables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

Dog boy wrote: »
    Click on the "Portals" option on the left hand side of ITCarlow's main page. In the page that opens click "Blackboard" and on that page on the left hand side you should have the options of class and room timetables.

what he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yea - but its not going to work for you outside of the college local intranet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

goto blackboard.itcarlow.ie and click the class timetable option on the left hand side(about 3 options down)
    works the same inside and outside the college. nowadays you got to choose the school then the course from the drop down menu, a little different from last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lynch_3001 wrote: »
    goto blackboard.itcarlow.ie and click the class timetable option on the left hand side(about 3 options down)
    works the same inside and outside the college. nowadays you got to choose the school then the course from the drop down menu, a little different from last year

just tried from my home PC and it won't work :(

Told You.....

http://timetable.itcarlow.ie/studentset.htm

does not work from outside the college. Lynch I have no idea what youre at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

dont work for me either, shame that would have been way handier than looking through all the crap in the bottom of my bag :P

Yea theres a lot of things that would be handy but Computer Services are lazy pricks. For example, I'd love to be able to access my G:\ and H:\ and M:\ Drives from home - But No.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Yea theres a lot of things that would be handy but Computer Services are lazy pricks. For example, I'd love to be able to access my G:\ and H:\ and M:\ Drives from home - But No.

Ye and I'd like to go to those 9 am lectures without getting out of bed :rolleyes:
    The thinking behind not having everything accessible from outside the college is to try and get people to come in.

So what you're saying is by Not providing access to your timetables to let you know when to be in class you are actually encouraging more students to come into class?

I'd love to hear the explaination behind that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

put the handbags away ladies

well thats a piece of crap in the system i will complain about that in the morning. put it this way if you dont complain they wont know why would they need to access timetables at home

Overheal wrote: »
    So what you're saying is by Not providing access to your timetables to let you know when to be in class you are actually encouraging more students to come into class?

I'd love to hear the explaination behind that one.

You know what the obvious lecture-esque reply to that is don't you?
    (If you came in you'd know what classes you have)

Look I could argue with you all day but in the spirit of putting handbags away.... I'm holstering my handbag :p

*snicker* you have a handbag....

well put it this way, it you have a booger sticking out of your nose, how are you supposed to know its there unless one of your friend tells you, thats if you dont have a mirror at home.
    i dont what im getting at so heres david hosselhoff
    mmc10094.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

Remember when you could access timetables from outside college through the wonder that was bitbucket?

Good times :)

If/When compsoc gets a server online i'll give the page i wrote for doing this. then all should be well once more.

well we have to wait for fergals opinion on that matter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

his opinion on whether bitbucket was awesome or not? I'm pretty sure I know where his opinion lies :p

As for whether he'll let ye set up a server... anyones guess.

• Advertisement

Ivan wrote: »
    his opinion on whether bitbucket was awesome or not? I'm pretty sure I know where his opinion lies :p

Yeah, heh thought it was SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME. Me and fergal.. we had an understanding. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

That, or he thought you were SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME, in the bed room?!

haha, see what I did there... I make funnies! ;)

But seriously, I hate you.

On a side note, he gave me permission to set up a wireless connection to the college network way back when I was in first year. I thought rainbows shone out of the guys ass, he was my hero. Superman and Jesus combined into one, all powerful SuperJebus, condensed into this greatness of a man.

Then some random post I made on boards was "brought to his attention" and he took it to mean that I was looking to have Carlow IT allow all of Irish WAN connect to Carlow IT and leech their bandwidth when all I was even considering, was asking to put a repeater up somewhere on the premises...

Anyways, he quickly shot me down and needless to say my opinions of him... changed.

Still, he's a sound guy. Willing to help out Compsoc when I was the admin and he certainly put up with alot regarding us way back when Compsoc was cool.

All the same, I still cry myself to sleep at night thinking about it :(

[Disclaimer]

All questionable comments of Mr Fergal "Rainbow" McITAdmin's homosexual infidelities were meant in jest and should not be taken seriously.

S4dd, I dont hate you but should a piano some day fall on your head, I didnt do it!

And netsoc was made of pure 100% concentrated awesome sauce...
    [/Disclaimer]

P.s. Hi Rainbow! o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Online timetables? Pffffft. What a joke. They had a hard enough time having the offline timetables correct, for f**ks sake. Things may have changed since I left (which I doubt), but when I was there, the timetables would be changed every few weeks, and the offline one was hardly sometimes incorrect.

My point: putting up the timetables are one thing. Ensuring that they are correct is a whole different ball game.

Hey Lynchie - Wtf Is The Story With These Tables?

right talk to the techies just now, they say its not allowed from the external server, for what they wouldnt tell me. i will investigate further!!

ffs, don't ask them. get your server and i'll show you HOW.

pah.

and for any techies reading, it's all legit <3

like i told you before.....RED TAPE!! its not happening for a while, fecking red tape

what have you done today towards getting yourself set up? if the answer is "nothing" you're not doing enough!

Advertisement