Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

g

• 15-10-2007 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Thinking about headin off somewhere for New Years.

Anyone go anywhere different over the past couple of years and any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Louth is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Thinking about headin off somewhere for New Years.

Anyone go anywhere different over the past couple of years and any recommendations?

if you can afford it, new york...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Jaysus lad, its only October! I suppose if you are going abroad then you will want to book up now though. Somewhere stateside would be nice, especially with the weak dollah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

australia usually quite nice that time of year |-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

was in rome for new years 2005, nice city but wouldn't recommend it for new years (at least not for partying anyway)

las vegas would be my choice for new years...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

Edinburgh - Hogmanay!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'll be SE Asia meself. New York is a good one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm heading off to Berlin. My mate actually says it's better than Hogmanay, but that could be due to the cheap drink and cheaper women :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I will be Auckland for this one, last new year was spent some where up the west coast of Australia. Can't remember the name of the place :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Maybe home to see the clan for the holidays? Got a free ticket to Dub thanks to my Da. Like pub crawling, I can crawl around from house party to house party, grans and cousins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Edinburgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Been to Copenhagen for New Year and it was pretty good but it ain't cheap. I will be heading to Sydney for a couple of weeks and spend New Years at the harbour. I have seen someone mention Berlin and i have heard that it not bad either. Is it yourself and g/friend or a few mates or flying solo?? Really depends on the company where best to go. If it's with the g/f Paris is pretty nice at New Years. (fcuking dear though!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

eolhc wrote: »
    australia usually quite nice that time of year |-)

I agree... i was there two years in a row
    Nice and warm
    Beaches
    Good quality of life
    Public transport day and night
    Beers
    Good food
    and nice people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

We went to Montechero in the Algarve for the 1 day before and 1 day after NYE last year. Best thing ever! Flights were €50 return, apartment was €50 a night. Total spend was €140 pps.

The drink and all was cheap as it was off season obviously, but the weather was lovely. Fireworks on the beach was a nice touch too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

folkswagen wrote: »
    Edinburgh - Hogmanay!!!:D
    MayMay wrote: »
    Edinburgh

I've already booked Edinburgh with a gang of friends for new year.. You really would want to book early because all of the decent accomodation will be booked up within the next month!! Flights are very cheap with Ryanair if you book now too.

Have been there a couple of times before but never for Hogmanay, Can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Binomate wrote: »
    Louth is nice.
    Louth is never nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Mentioned already in Travel and Holidays, but I'm going to Berlin. And you really would want to book about now if you want to get a reasonable fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Florence is a great spot for new years. Massive street parties and fantastic buzz about the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ive been to amsterdam for news years, its a must the fireworks and dam square excessive alcahol ,putting over 500 euro worth of pure green (no tabbacco) )into one almighty J hmm... ill try to find some photos of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

A gang of us usually rent a house for new years and head off down the country somewhere for 4 or 5 days. Always a good laugh.

Over the past few years:

Doolin, Co. Clare
    Youghal, Co. Cork
    Kenmare, Co. Kerry

Going to Tralee, Co. Kerry this year........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Now there's an idea.. I wonder what Pragues like for new year? I'd choose there or Amsterdam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mucker23

Hamburg, brilliant spot to go on the beer, also has the biggest red light district in europe :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mucker23

went there last new years eve, its a crazy place, great nite life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Gonna go to Copenhagen. Nice women, all being drunk....my kind of women LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Good choice mise me fein.. I went in May for weekend and it was class.. I see u are from Louth, so it'd be worth getting onto Arrow Tours in Drogheda. Thats who i booked with, they were really nice and helpful.. Stayed in the Admiral hotel. 4* so not really cheap but good location. Copenhagens p1ss easy to get around anyway so doesn't really matter where u stay..

Sure am. Up the road in Ardee. Cheers man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'll be sunning myself on the Gold Coast! Woohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tigrrrr

switzerland. go for christmas too. get ratarsed. it's nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

• Advertisement

LOL I changed it by accident and now I can't change it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Barcelona is cool
    And you could also go skiing in Andorra which is only a few hours away
    Thats if they get snow in 08

Galway is good if its an Irish spot you want (Or maybe that Louth suggestion)
    New York is good any day of the year - Id save that one for Paddys day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gal_anonim

Maybe Poland?
    Cracow in the south? or Gdansk in the north? or Warsaw in the middle? ;)

Advertisement