Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trouble Wiring 6x9 Speakers, What kind of Connectors do I need, Photo Included!

Options
  • 15-10-2007 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've installed a new Headunit in my car and am in the process of building a new parcel shelf with inbuilt Infinity 6x9 speakers. It's almost done but having never wired a set of car speakers before I have no idea what connectors I need to attach the very thin speaker wire to the speakers.

Here are the attachments on the speakers:

2n7fmg3.jpg

Is there some kind of attachments I can crimp on to the speaker wires to slot into these connectors? If so what are they called, I have had a look on Maplins website but cannot find anything. I want to avoid soldering if possible.

I'm sure there are some very straightforward connectors out there, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you need spade connectors for it mate, you can get them in maplins, i would just solder it on if i didnt have any of them.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Yeah oyu need male and female spade connectors. You could get them in most car parts stores if not in maplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

All you'll need for that picture is female spade connectors. Just bring a speaker with you to get the right size, but they are so cheap you may not want to and just pick a selection that look the right size

Advertisement