Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerald Kean...again!!!??

• 15-10-2007 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

God, I can't take it anymore. It's late, and again this prats face is staring at me on the cover of today's Sunday Independent's Mag. WHO GIVES A ****E about where he lives, what he friggin does,whos his dad, what he's done what he intends to do. As far as I'm concerned, he should be tied to a cows tail, and scuttered to death!!!! In all fairness he's one of the most ugliest persons I've ever seen in my life, so don't think you're a socialite mate, you're more like a bloody fool. Again WHO GIVES A ****E!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But that's the SIndo for ya - it's not just him, it's Lisa Murphy, Rosanna Davison, Katy French, Glenda Gilson - all these meaningless people.
    Don't buy the SIndo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

brousuka wrote: »
    God, I can't take it anymore. It's late, and again this prats face is staring at me on the cover of today's Sunday Independent's Mag. WHO GIVES A ****E about where he lives, what he friggin does,whos his dad, what he's done what he intends to do. As far as I'm concerned, he should be tied to a cows tail, and scuttered to death!!!! In all fairness he's one of the most ugliest persons I've ever seen in my life, so don't think you're a socialite mate, you're more like a bloody fool. Again WHO GIVES A ****E!!!!!!

I don't even know who that guy is, but I suspect the blame should be more appropriately given to the publishers of the magazine. I do understand what you're saying in a general sense though. I hate that pseudo-celebrity nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

yea, I kind of know what you mean. The point is here that nobody relly loses as far as kean is concerned. It's great publicity....his law practice gains...his profile gains.. but it's a pretty sad state of affairs in contemporary Ireland that the likes of this sad person gets so much attention against real people that should be recognised and saluted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

God I love it when I don't know who these people are...I've enough petty annoyances to deal with already...

People are always mouthing off about the SIndo - yet it's the biggest selling Sunday paper in the country. Therefore, people should start voting with their feet. I think it's a habitual thing though. Every week my parents buy it and every week I tell them to give the damned thing up and that it's only full of stuff about *insert no-namers here*. And they agree. But much can be forgotten in seven days and the following week, guaranteed there'll be a shiny copy of the SIndo (sitting next to the Mail on Sunday :mad:)

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    But that's the SIndo for ya - it's not just him, it's Lisa Murphy, Rosanna Davison, Katy French, Glenda Gilson - all these meaningless people.
    Don't buy the SIndo.
    Dudess, I don't really buy it anyway, and I'm a frequent visitor to London, New York etc. and I don't brag about it. It's just that it brings me back to the old Ireland of the 80's when we had friggin nothin and these fat assholes were braggin bout what they had, by the way keans bentley is not the only one in Ireland by far, and , his private jet would be classed as a bit entry level, haaa,haaa.

Oh big time. The SIndo is a total 80s relic: "This week: Michelle Rocca, A chat with Michelle Rocca, My Story - Michelle Rocca, In conversation with Michelle Rocca".
    Terry Keane - My attempt at being a socialite.
    Spoted: Olivia O'Leary and Yvonne Connolly!

Pitiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

^

I feel the Hand Of Mod® is near...

Oh big time. The SIndo is a total 80s relic: "This week: Michelle Rocca, A chat with Michelle Rocca, My Story - Michelle Rocca, In conversation with Michelle Rocca".
    Terry Keane - My attempt at being a socialite.
    Spoted: Olivia O'Leary and Yvonne Connolly!

Pitiful.

By the way, it's 3.34am and im just finishing of a bottle of cabernet, and i'm off tommorrow and apologogies if i'm mouthing off a little, but shag it! ihave to register my thoughts on this. PS> What a great country this is!!?? we owe nothing to the likes of philanderers and adulterers from the asshole of No-Where to guide this great nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

who is gerald keane?

• Advertisement

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    who is gerald keane?

EXACTLY! actually it's KEAN not keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

EXACTLY! actually it's KEAN not keane.

No, but, who is he?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    No, but, who is he?

he's a. on the front page of the Sunday Indo's mag today. celebrity solicitor, boyfriend of Lisa Murrphy (Michael Flately's ex) Leading so-called socialite. Has squillions of euro's to burn. Drives a Bentley GT, and luvs to brag about it!!

he's a. on the front page of the Sunday Indo's mag today. celebrity solicitor, boyfriend of Lisa Murrphy (Michael Flately's ex) Leading so-called socialite. Has squillions of euro's to burn. Drives a Bentley GT, and luvs to brag about it!!

Yea socialites are muppets. Famous for having a social life, WELL DONE SIR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I don't like to judge people on their appearance but this man is clearly a wanker

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00075/285080_jpg_75613b.jpg

latenia wrote: »
    I don't like to judge people on their appearance but this man is clearly a wanker

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00075/285080_jpg_75613b.jpg

looks like he has been boiled. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You're all just bitter because these socialites are considerably better than you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

what do you mean who is he? he's irelands favourite solicitor (according to the sindo anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

This odious little slime should have the decency to keep away from these kind of features. He's an example of everything that's wrong with this country, that piece in the Sunday Independent was sickening. Reading about how many people he invites to his parties and learning about how he carves the first initial of his daughter's name into a handrail because he loves her so much. She looked like a spoilt little piece of vomit; her room is covered with pictures of her head and in one picture she is dressed like a prostitute. She is 11!?

Of course everyone would like to have as much money as him but I wouldn't actually sell my soul and become him. The disgusting little man is living in a different world to the rest of us. It's only when people like him become ill and need the help of doctors and nurses or even carers that they start to appreciate the real admirable people in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Hahaha the amount of begrudgery on this thread is laughable. One of my sisters knows him, and apparently he's a really nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Don't buy the SIndo.

Indeed, its nothing but a rag, but alot of people are prepared to buy it. It really is an embarrasingly bad paper. The only thing that gives them a bigger horn than no marks from D4 is stories about how D4s love doing cocaine.

That Mail on Sunday looks woeful, big screaming headline on the front yesterday

"Whos the new man in Glendas life?"

Eh? :confused:Unless its either me or one of my mates poking her I couldnt really give a bollix, and neither should anyone else. Really dont know how these Sunday papers sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Stereonick wrote: »
    She looked like a spoilt little piece of vomit; her room is covered with pictures of her head and in one picture she is dressed like a prostitute. She is 11!?

"in Bill O`Herhilly voice*

Ah come on now Nick, we arent here to talk about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The above 24 post are the basis of the reasons I rarely but Sunday papers now.

Some guy said GK looked like a wanker....

On the wankerosity scale of 1-10 I'd say 11:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Never heard of him............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't know him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm glad I had never heard of him before this thread, but sad that I have now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Having thought about the wider Sindo issue I have a number of statements to make.

1) It is obsessed with socialites
    2) It is obsessed with all things D4, Middle-class and Dublin centric
    3) It is 90% right-wing and FF (I can think of only 2-3 regular writers who are leftwing or neutral)
    4) It is obsessed with opinion pieces and not with the news as a newspaper should
    5) It is bought be over a million people each weekend - mainly out of habit
    6) As a newspaper it should take a leaf out of The Tribune book which is overall a much better paper
    7) We should all stop buying it and encourage our friends and families to do so also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I don't know who this person is, but if you want to talk about minor non-entities, then go here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=895

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement